We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bufotenine Theory Options

Oncewas
#1 Posted : 1/4/2010 3:48:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I recently realized how weird it is how potent bufo is in dark rooms and in closed eyes but only in relaxed states. Now this might sound weird but Bufotenine is endogenus to the human body in a lot of cases. 1/20 normal kids pee'd out bufo for samples.

So maybe bufo is what makes kids scared of the dark, and fear the monsters at night time! Last night before I went to bed after smoking bufo I had one of those thoughts that get's louder and louder and freaks you out. That could also be a bufo trait if your familiar with that sensation.

So what I am proposing is this, maybe much like melatonin, bufotenine has something to do with a similar metabolisis. Cuz melatonin is readily released at night/darkness? Maybe bufotenine is a prodrug that when crossed into the brain during that metabolisis tweaks something out lol. I don't know about you guys but my experience more towards night time was more potent that the one I had during the day.

edit - Also, have you noticed how easy it is to just "turn off" the experience? Maybe that is a learned behavior but kids haven't figured out how to do it yet?

Any interesting ideas or pro's or con's let a brother know. I just had one of those interesting thoughts that I oh so rarely have Pleased.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 1/4/2010 3:51:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

interesting theory..

I think I know what you mean about the thoughts that get louder..
Long live the unwoke.

MagikVenom
#3 Posted : 1/4/2010 9:33:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The bufo in urine phenomenon was also once linked to schizophrenia if I am not mistaken but since been proven otherwise.

Perhaps there is new information I am not aware of?

Peace
MV

Oncewas
#4 Posted : 1/4/2010 4:56:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I know bufotenine is linked to autism, and it is normal for it to be excreted in all peoples urine. In small amounts surely.

I guess the only real way to test this idea would be to collect urine samples during night-time or maybe early morning. Or maybe urine wouldn't be ideal maybe blood-tests would be needed. I'm not sure.

It's just an idea I thought I'd throw out there. In retrospect it's kind of pointless because there is no way anyone on this board(that I know of) could conduct such a test.
edit -
I will do a test with melatonin to see if pinoline + bufotenine creates a more vivid experience. This would be a good way to test for another link to this theory. I will report back here tonight.