We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Flavored Changa Options

Metta-Morpheus
#1 Posted : 2/2/2020 9:35:29 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

This is a trial that I am playing with. I’ve only made one batch, but I will update as I proceed.

First Batch
After I dissolved Harmalas extract and dmt into a small amount of acetone, I mixed in my cannabis, which is my preferred medium. Then I put on a low heat source (no flames) to help with evap. I then added 4 drops of peppermint essential oil. Mixed well throughout evaporation, and tried the following day.
What I learned:
To much essential oil. Definitely achieved what I was shooting for, and then some. A menthol changa, except that the first hit off a fresh bowl was very very minty, as I suspect that the oil was the first thing to vape/combust. Next will try with 1 drop. I also have wintergreen that I’m going to try. Also will try in smaller batches, as I have 2.5 grams of super minty changa I’ll need to push through.

Batch 2
This time I mixed essential oil in the acetone first. To 50 ml acetone, I added in 2 drops vanilla and 2 drops blood orange. The goal was an orange creamsicle kinda flavor. I used about half of the solvent to dissolve the goods and evaporated over my herb.
Result:
Mild flavor. Could taste a hint of orange, no vanilla. I will continue to use 50 ml to make the mixture, and adjust oil amounts. I will try maybe another drop of each next time.

Batch 3
My favorite so far. I urge everyone to try this if they have/search out the herbs. No oils this time. Made a 1:1:1. Each part was 1.5 grams for a total of 4.5 g of changa. It tastes best vaped through a genie, the flavor is lost in a bong. The mix is as follows:
.35 sacred pink lotus
.35 Egyptian blue lily
.3 klip dagga
.3 tasty sativa cannabis
.2 mint leaf (I actually would sub this with moar klip unless you like a mild minty flavor)

This blend has an awesomely fruity flavor. A little citrusy lemony kind of taste. So yummy.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Tony6Strings
#2 Posted : 2/2/2020 10:03:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Love it bro. I've been smoking menthol six years now, I will never go back to regular tobacco. Love the idea of a menthol changa. I made some on menthol rolling tobacco a while back.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 2/3/2020 1:34:15 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

4 drops is quite a lot of peppermint oil, as you've found out.

Adding one drop of oil to some alcohol or acetone would provide a flavouring essence, making it easier to create a milder product.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Metta-Morpheus
#4 Posted : 2/3/2020 1:53:27 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

Thanks dfz. I will try that before adding goodies to acetone next time.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Propello
#5 Posted : 2/3/2020 7:12:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If the aroma is oil or pg based, it will not evaporate on your changa. If you want to keep your changa dry, you could get menthol crystals and mix with pure alcohol, or use olympus man's method of soaking your herbs of choice in ethanol for some weeks, and use this alcohol when making the changa.
Just a thought.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=46839

Eaglepath
#6 Posted : 2/18/2020 9:18:48 PM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

I used some 40% Anis liquor instead of Ethanol when making Changa.. it got pretty interesting..
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

aetherbound
#7 Posted : 2/19/2020 12:57:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Infusing it in weed is a waste of weed. I use ceremonial mishma as a base. Easy on the lungs and nothing to taint the experience. https://www.grandfathersspirit.c...ishma-Smoking-Blend.html Has a nice minty flavor and can also be enjoyed by those that can't smoke weed. I suggest just drying your own mint and adding to the mix, wayy healthier.
In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order..Jung
All above writing with the exception of Dr. Jung's quote is pure mushroom encrusted cowpie!

SynKyd
#8 Posted : 2/20/2020 1:09:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pau D'Arco Is a bark that is recommended in some recipes on this site for changa, I did try it in my earliest attempts. It is a strange smoke, as far as texture and smoke-ability goes. I wouldn’t recommend MHRB for that same reason, although I’m sure it can be done.
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 2/20/2020 5:07:39 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Eaglepath wrote:
I used some 40% Anis liquor instead of Ethanol when making Changa.. it got pretty interesting..

Hmmm... a high-proof absinthe (ABV 65%+) might prove even more interesting, as well as being a better solvent overall with quicker evaporation.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Eaglepath
#10 Posted : 2/20/2020 5:48:28 PM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

yeah why not...Smile

I used it only because I couldnt get any other solvent.. and when I went looking for some high proof alcohol in the store I thought, why not try the Anis..

But it get pretty sticky and weird so I stick to Ethanol.. In the end I dont smoke it for the flavour.. not at all hahaBig grin

Eaglepath
#11 Posted : 2/20/2020 5:49:13 PM

yeah why not...Smile

I used it only because I couldnt get any other solvent.. and when I went looking for some high proof alcohol in the store I thought, why not try the Anis..

But it get pretty sticky and weird so I stick to Ethanol.. In the end I dont smoke it for the flavour.. not at all hahaBig grin