We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What electronic vaporizers are popular on here? Options

Yeuph
#1 Posted : 2/10/2020 1:03:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I own a wooden Vapor Genie and it works pretty well for me but its not precise enough. I pretty much just have to load it and take long hits until I can't anymore. I need a more exact tool.

So what are the electronic vaporizer options? I am going to start experimenting with harmalas. I don't want to accidentally put myself in the waiting room/breakthrough for an hour or more. I want to get comfortable using harmalas and having extended duration trips before I start scaling my dose up.

Are there devices the community would recommend that can easily vaporize everything I place in the vape for a single hit so I can experiment with 20mgs, 25, 30, 40+ (etc)? Do they have temperature settings?

Much thanks
Peace and love

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Egzoset
#2 Posted : 2/10/2020 1:47:07 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations Yeuph,

Yeuph wrote:
I own a wooden Vapor Genie and it works pretty well for me but its not precise enough. I pretty much just have to load it and take long hits until I can't anymore. I need a more exact tool.

Why not consider an update (transformation) as the one i did after concluding that Hot Dry Air Ovenizers could render miserable just the same, if not worse since those actually lack what i now consider an essential ingredient, which is Inlet Water under the form of extra-hot exhaust gases (H2O + CO2) from clean-burning butane...

[ https:// www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d...aspx?g=posts&t=87419 ]
Semi-DiY Pulse-Heating transformation (based on VaporGenie Classic/Bronze Sherlock)

Yeuph wrote:
So what are the electronic vaporizer options?

Lack of Inlet Water plus less than satisfying slow/steady method & ritual.

Yeuph wrote:
Do they have temperature settings?

Temperature only reflects a past event after energy got transformed, this may be a useful hint in thermostatic scenarios frozen in time but it can become misleading after a transition to Pulse Heating, e.g. where most of the relevant experience resides in transitions with no time for thermalization (read "baking" denaturation).

VaporGenie's material selection focussing on Silicon Carbide was perfectly sound nearly 2 decades ago, all the initial patent requires now is to implement its long-forgotten Fig. 11/12 item so a temporarily-stored Heat Charge can be adjusted to match the workload, which is 25 ~ 30 mg tokes from a ~125 mg bowl in my own case. All it takes is an injection of fresh air right above that bowl while having an Hybrid Core moved closer to cause a major shift of dynamics that shall bring operation into the comfort zone of practically anyone, while VG's genuine design called for skills we din't all have when it was invented...

Good day, have fun!! Cool

Lampeyelittle
#3 Posted : 2/10/2020 3:36:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't have any direct experience with it (yet!), but the "direct e-mesh" method is very popular if you have/get a vaporizer capable of temperature control. It requires a bit of DIY to get set up, but most people report similar efficiency and potency to the GVG. Basically it uses the vaporizer's temperature control function to heat up a fine sheet of mesh to the perfect temperature to vaporize DMT. You'll read lots of reports of breakthoughs in one hit with less than 30mg spice.

Here's the thread where you can learn everything you need & more:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=87004

"And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 2/10/2020 5:14:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Direct emesh is currently the most popular electronic method. However, unless the wooden VG is drastically different in function than its glass counterpart, I say you've already got a great (the best) spice pipe that can perfectly vape a 50 mg dose (probably more even) in one toke, with proper technique (practice makes perfect). Copper scrub (Brillo, chore boy) plug in the bowl. Torch lighter with single jet (I like the Eagle). Exhale all of the air from your lungs before beginning. Slow and steady inhale until you've vaped the whole dose. With the glass vg you can see when the vapor is finished, however you can also feel it with your lungs especially with practice. Hold it for a 20 count. Set the pipe and torch aside, lay back, close your eyes and enjoy the ride! See you in hyperspace friend.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Egzoset
#5 Posted : 2/10/2020 2:34:54 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations Tony6Strings,

Tony6Strings wrote:
...unless the wooden VG is drastically different in function than its glass counterpart...

FYI Egzoset's Customized VG Pipe differs drastically in function from anything you've experienced before, including the genuine GVG itself.

Feel free to DUPLICATE & PEER REVIEW, then risk a comparison if you dare.

Good day, have fun!! Cool

Yeuph
#6 Posted : 2/10/2020 6:52:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
Direct emesh is currently the most popular electronic method. However, unless the wooden VG is drastically different in function than its glass counterpart, I say you've already got a great (the best) spice pipe that can perfectly vape a 50 mg dose (probably more even) in one toke, with proper technique (practice makes perfect). Copper scrub (Brillo, chore boy) plug in the bowl. Torch lighter with single jet (I like the Eagle). Exhale all of the air from your lungs before beginning. Slow and steady inhale until you've vaped the whole dose. With the glass vg you can see when the vapor is finished, however you can also feel it with your lungs especially with practice. Hold it for a 20 count. Set the pipe and torch aside, lay back, close your eyes and enjoy the ride! See you in hyperspace friend.

Thanks man. I may give this a go.

fathomlessness
#7 Posted : 2/18/2020 10:57:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeuph wrote:
I don't want to accidentally put myself in the waiting room/breakthrough for an hour or more.

I think the safest way is to use a glass dab rig. You will know for sure in an instant that it's all gone if heated correctly. You can buy glass dab rigs that are heated electronically that attatch to any and all e-cig boxmods (510 connection).

Glass dab rigs aside, If you want to use herb infused DMT, convection vapes are the way to go. Again, electronic convection vapes are perfect for this and I prefer them over analogue types like the vaporgenie (which have a learning curve). Electronic convection vapes come portable and also attatch to e-cig boxmods (510 connection), the models are the "splinter v2" by rasta buddha tao, as well as "stempod SI", both do wonders for DMT, Changa, Weed, you name it. They are stealth as anything and look like an e-cig mod vape and can heat up instantly. Use the temperature control setting (TC Mode) and set the temp to 200c with around 50-100w of power (depending on how fast you want it to heat up). Very reliable hits with this and no mucking around with lighters.

They also have desktop convection vapes like the ditanium or the da buddha/ssv. But any steady electronic convection heating device (meaning it blows hot air over herb instead of heating walls of herb chamber) will work very effectively so long as it has a good vapor path and temperature. There is even joining of dab rigs and convection heaters on the market these (see ditanium vape or the SSV/DBV with oil rig).

The Vapor Genie is a convection vape but with my long history of use with it, I have never found it to offer a steady enough heat flow to vape accurately all in one or two hits, even with a jet lighter. That being said it gets the job done for lower doses.

For accuracy of lower doses I think the e-cig devices work best though, because they homogenize the DMT in the glycerine (VG/PG) so you get even doses across the board. Problem is, they can only dissolve so much dmt, so after you start dissolving more that (from what i remember) 1g in 1ml, the doses start becoming more irregular and you can misdose yourself.

To a lesser extend, conduction vapes can be used to heat changa herb likethe dynavap, which is one of the most popular vapes in the cannabis community. It works, but its effectiveness is incomparable next to convection vapes.

aetherbound
#8 Posted : 2/19/2020 1:21:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quartz Bucket Concentrate Atomizer with Box Mod . They have a titanium cup also. You can adjust wattage, temperature, firing time and there are bubbler attachments for them.
In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order..Jung
All above writing with the exception of Dr. Jung's quote is pure mushroom encrusted cowpie!

bismillah
#9 Posted : 2/19/2020 1:22:39 AM

My Personalized Tag

Others may disagree, but I get great results with the qdc Yocan Evolve. Admittedly it is easy to burn some of the spice if you don't have your technique down, but... it's cheap. And I don't have to deal with the incessant annoyance of faulty lighters and delicate glassware. Not to mention carbon monoxide!
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

skoobysnax
#10 Posted : 2/19/2020 2:13:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Direct e-mesh! Follow this guide. You will never look back. And yes I still love the GVG but this is insanely accurate and effective. Vandyvape mesh RDA and a quality temp control mod box like aegis solo. I have had one hit breakthroughs on 30mg many times. Just don't skimp on the mod box and follow the directions to the letter. Very smooth and clean. https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=92213
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

MachienDome
#11 Posted : 10/1/2020 12:02:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OMG dont smoke copper scrubber pads Sick
"In this secret room, from the past, I seek the future..."

cruisinalltheway
#12 Posted : 11/19/2020 11:37:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i got a vaporesso and pretty happy with it for the emesh method !

VibeSurfer
#13 Posted : 11/20/2020 8:39:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Any device can be used to take 40mg in one hit, but imo being able do that just means having reached the end of the learning curve with any given device. One hit is my preferred way to travel as well. I use the yocan with donut coils, but I found it a bit weird to figure out. I can use it to get the hit sucked in very quickly, or over an extended period of 15-20 seconds or so. One advantage of taking in a quick hit is that its easier to hold your breath for 15 seconds if you took a quit hit.

I find the most often overlooked attribute with any given piece that one is considering adding to the arsenal is how easy it is to CLEAN.

"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo