We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LSD stopped working Options

laneysf
#1 Posted : 2/17/2020 9:05:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hello fellow trippers!
I am in a very disheartening situation and in search for some answers. I've been a tripper for 20 years and have been taking LSD for a long time. About 7 years ago, the duration of my trip started to shorten. The first time this happened I was at a psychedelic part. At about 4 hours into my trip, right before the peak, the acid came to an abrupt stop. One minute I was having a great time, profound visuals, the next minute, everything was back to normal. The acid just crashed without a trace. Since that day, my trip has become shorter and shorter, and with less visuals, insights. Sometimes only body high and no visuals. Other times, the high only last 1 hour, or nothing at all. I thought for the longest time that I was getting bunk acid, but after trying multiple sources, they all turned out to be the same. For the past 5 years, my trip has all but reduced to a fragment of what I used to experience. Has anyone here have experienced this situation where acid once worked fine but gradually stopped working? And is there a remedy for this? Please help!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DoingKermit
#2 Posted : 2/17/2020 9:17:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to hear that! How often do you take LSD? Do other psychedelics have the same effect?

laneysf
#3 Posted : 2/17/2020 4:16:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

laneysf wrote:
hello fellow trippers!
I am in a very disheartening situation and in search for some answers. I've been a tripper for 20 years and have been taking LSD for a long time. About 7 years ago, the duration of my trip started to shorten. The first time this happened I was at a psychedelic part. At about 4 hours into my trip, right before the peak, the acid came to an abrupt stop. One minute I was having a great time, profound visuals, the next minute, everything was back to normal. The acid just crashed without a trace. Since that day, my trip has become shorter and shorter, and with less visuals, insights. Sometimes only body high and no visuals. Other times, the high only last 1 hour, or nothing at all. I thought for the longest time that I was getting bunk acid, but after trying multiple sources, they all turned out to be the same. For the past 5 years, my trip has all but reduced to a fragment of what I used to experience. Has anyone here have experienced this situation where acid once worked fine but gradually stopped working? And is there a remedy for this? Please help!

Doingkermit, I was taking it once a month or every other month. Since about 6 years ago, I was only taking it once every 2 or 3 months. And no, I have not tried other psychedelics in recent years. I have had Syrian rue in the past with mushrooms to potentiate it’s effects. I wonder if should do that with LSD and weather it would help.

laneysf
#4 Posted : 2/17/2020 4:19:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DoingKermit wrote:
Sorry to hear that! How often do you take LSD? Do other psychedelics have the same effect?

Doingkermit, I was taking it once a month or every other month. Since about 6 years ago, I was only taking it once every 2 or 3 months. And no, I have not tried other psychedelics in recent years. I have had Syrian rue in the past with mushrooms to potentiate it’s effects. I wonder if should do that with LSD and weather it would help.

DoingKermit
#5 Posted : 2/18/2020 9:09:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Taking it with an MAOI would definitely potentiate the effects, but a combo to be careful with. Maybe try a milder form of MAOI like passionflower instead of Syrian rue. Have you been taking anything else that could potentially dull the experience? Like benzos for example?

laneysf
#6 Posted : 2/18/2020 8:47:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

No, not taking any benzo in combination. Although I do take Xanax once in a while for sleeping when traveling or at the tail end of trip.

unlocked_doors
#7 Posted : 2/19/2020 7:32:05 PM

It's Cheshire Cat o'clock

Are you taking an antipsychotic of any form? Seroquel, Risperdal, or any of their generic equivalents? They tend to block the effects of psychedelics. If you are taking meds for behavioral health, do you mind listing them? It may help us diagnose the issue.
“If someone is able to show me that what I think or do is not right, I will happily change, for I seek the truth, by which no one was ever truly harmed. It is the person who continues in his self-deception and ignorance who is harmed.”
― Marcus Aurelius

laneysf
#8 Posted : 2/19/2020 8:17:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

No, I am not taking any sorts of medication. I’m only taking supplements such as vitamin c and d and b. Nothing that should interfere with psychedelics. This has been very frustrating for me as no one has heard that someone who’s had a healthy history of tripping to all the sudden stop tripping.

DoingKermit
#9 Posted : 2/20/2020 9:13:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can imagine this is a frustrating situation, laneysf. I wouldn't worry about it though. In my experience, the more I focus on healthy aspects of life - exercise, healthy eating, meditation, etc. the deeper my psychedelic experiences have been. Maybe this is the perfect time to find another psychedelic ally like mushrooms or mescaline.

I wish you luck.

dragonrider
#10 Posted : 2/20/2020 8:15:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe it is a case of extreme tolerance. Using LSD over a longer period will normally, in a very gradual way, build a tolerance that can last for quite a while.

When i was a teenager, i used to take LSD on a weekly basis. Eventually i reached a sort of ceiling, and no matter how much acid i would take, the effects would never get beyond a certain degree of trippyness from then on.

I am in my 40's now, and if i take 300 microgram now, i am tripping way harder than i would do on way over a 1000 back then.

Maybe you are experiencing this in a much more extreme way.

There are many other substances, but most of the realy well known psychedelics share some of their pharmacological effects with LSD. DMT and mescaline unfortunately belong to this group of hallucinogens as well, so there is a real chance that many of these classic hallucinogens will not do very much either.

Salvia, ibogaine, amanita muscaria, ketamine, to name a few though, are all substances that are radically different from LSD, pharmacologically speaking. Many of them are also a lot riskier for body and mind, unfortunately.

Oral cannabis can also be a serious psychedelic, though by far not in the same category as DMT.