We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Memorial to victims of 1995 Kobe Earthquake has "DMT like" patterns Options

ajlala
#1 Posted : 2/7/2020 4:52:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kobe Luminarie (神戸ルミナリエ) is a light festival held in Kobe, Japan, every December since 1995 to commemorate the Great Hanshin earthquake of that year, which killed 6000 people.

Over 200,000 individually hand painted lights are lit each year with electricity generated from biomass in order to stay environmentally friendly.

Lights are kept up for about two weeks and turned on for a few hours each evening. Major streets in the vicinity are closed to auto traffic during these hours to allow pedestrians to fill the streets and enjoy the lights. It is viewed by about three to five million people each year.

When the Great Hanshin earthquake struck Kobe on January 17, 1995, it left more than 6,000 dead and caused $100 billon in damages. Since many had to live in darkness due to supply cuts in electricity, gas, and water, the idea of putting up lights acted as a symbol of hope, recovery, and renovation. Though it was only supposed to take place once, strong popularity and demand from citizens encouraged the continuation of luminarie to become an annual event.

Silent prayers to souls of the 6000 victims of the earthquake takes place in the opening ceremony, and a memorial naming those who were killed is posted during the night

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

FranLover
#2 Posted : 2/7/2020 5:19:09 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Very interesting and very beautiful.
Thanks!
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

ajlala
#3 Posted : 2/14/2020 4:21:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FranLover wrote:
Very interesting and very beautiful.
Thanks!

Thanks you're welcome!

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 2/14/2020 5:15:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's beautifull.

I am also pretty sure i've seen this before, somewhere here on the DMT nexus, but i don't recall what thread.

It is indeed hard not to notice the psychedelic quality to it.

Teamleary
#5 Posted : 3/5/2020 11:25:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ajlala wrote:
Kobe Luminarie (神戸ルミナリエ) is a light festival held in Kobe, Japan, every December since 1995 to commemorate the Great Hanshin earthquake of that year, which killed 6000 people.

Over 200,000 individually hand painted lights are lit each year with electricity generated from biomass in order to stay environmentally friendly.

Lights are kept up for about two weeks and turned on for a few hours each evening. Major streets in the vicinity are closed to auto traffic during these hours to allow pedestrians to fill the streets and enjoy the lights. It is viewed by about three to five million people each year.

When the Great Hanshin earthquake struck Kobe on January 17, 1995, it left more than 6,000 dead and caused $100 billon in damages. Since many had to live in darkness due to supply cuts in electricity, gas, and water, the idea of putting up lights acted as a symbol of hope, recovery, and renovation. Though it was only supposed to take place once, strong popularity and demand from citizens encouraged the continuation of luminarie to become an annual event.

Silent prayers to souls of the 6000 victims of the earthquake takes place in the opening ceremony, and a memorial naming those who were killed is posted during the night

thank you! it's beautiful, and it does, indeed, ressemble DMT trips!
"How Small A Thought It Takes To Fill A Whole Life"
Wittgenstein

TotalTotalness
#6 Posted : 3/8/2020 9:55:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not to derange the topic, but while watching "The Shining", I was hit by all the psychedelic patterns in it and when searched if anyone other noticed them, there was already a video made about them:

ajlala
#7 Posted : 12/27/2021 7:55:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

TotalTotalness wrote:
Not to derange the topic, but while watching "The Shining", I was hit by all the psychedelic patterns in it and when searched if anyone other noticed them, there was already a video made about them:

Oh I didn't think of the movie like that before.