We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Amnesia Options

EphemeralTruth
#1 Posted : 2/12/2020 8:28:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I've had breakthrough experiences about 15 times over the last several months, and unfortunately must say that I remember almost nothing from most of them. My last several experiences have been almost total amnesia.

Am I doing something wrong? Other people describe their travels with such detail and clarity. It's frustrating not to remember anything.

I haven't tried it with harmalas yet, just straight hits between 30-50mg using the GVG.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Exitwound
#2 Posted : 2/13/2020 5:40:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

EphemeralTruth wrote:

I haven't tried it with harmalas yet, just straight hits between 30-50mg using the GVG.

There is your problem I think. For me at least, at such high doses, it's almost always a blackout.

If you are using it together with MJ, then this also might be a cause. Without MJ trips are much clear and easier to remember for me.

Try 20-30mg range, especially with GVG vaping is pretty efficient, so maybe your "sweet spot" is 25-27mg - when you breakthrough and still can take something back with you. From my subjective experience DMT makes your more sensitive to any kind of psychedelics including itself (especially if you had so many BT doses during past months), so maybe now you need less of it to achieve desired results.

VibeSurfer
#3 Posted : 2/13/2020 5:47:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Read through the stickies on the changa forum and give it a whirl. You will remember changa experiences a lot more clearly and easily.
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

DreadedShaman
#4 Posted : 2/13/2020 4:47:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have taken time to set my intention to be able to recall and bring information back with me.

I have also found that having a pen and paper ready, and writing as much about your experience down as possible as soon as you are able to after returning helps tremendously.

I hope this is helpful ^-^

King Tryptamine
#5 Posted : 2/13/2020 6:23:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Along with the good pointers everyone has already given it may also be beneficial if you were to consume your DMT by oral ingestion, either ayahuasca or pharmahuasca. This IMO allows the user to absorb a lot more information given that the duration of action is drastically increased. This in comparison to being whacked in the head with a lot of information all at once. An analogy for this would be say, cramming in an entire syllabus of revision a day before your exam versus starting a week earlier. It simply gives you more time to memorize and absorb the experience.

Another thing I've noticed, speaking for myself and not anyone else btw, is that if I dose too frequently the trips begin to loose their significance and therefore become less and less memorable. However if I integrate properly and give my self some space before each experience I remember the trip more vividly. I also find it helps to make it something special, e.g. setting up a trip for a special day such as your birthday or something, really building up before the event and improving its worth.

bismillah
#6 Posted : 2/13/2020 11:30:10 PM

My Personalized Tag

I say you're doing it too often, but I agree that doing the deed with an MAOI will increase the potency of your trips significantly on multiple levels. I never smoke without rue.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Matoskah
#7 Posted : 3/30/2020 3:26:21 PM

White bear

Upon landing do you immediately forget or is it gradual?

I'm in the same boat EphemeralTruth but I'm ok with it; when I did smoalk dmt I'd forget about almost everything within the coming 15 minutes because the sheer amount things I experienced. It was simply too much to remember in such a short time span. In experimentally large doses I'd sometimes black out all together with 0 recollection of the last 5 minutes so if that's the case for you too you might be overdoing it.

With ayahuasca I find it easier to remember but still when the most intense wave comes I'll remember very little of it shortly after. I also think that a lot of the stuff you can experience on DMT are so alien that's impossible to describe them and how can you remember anything long term that you can't even describe?

I do it for the experience and not for the memory of it. Just as I rarely ever take any pictures or record any videos because I prefer living in the moment Thumbs up