We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Plants with 5-MeO-DMT Options

downwardsfromzero
#41 Posted : 12/20/2019 10:08:38 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

mycosis - one thing to try would be making some calcium fumarate on purpose and testing its solubility in acetone and water. It may be necessary to precipitate it from limonene as before in order to account for possible polymorphs.

Testing with a suitable reagent kit would help confirm the presence of alkaloid.

Quote:
it took ~200 ml of water to dissolve 150mg of this stuff...is that normal?

This strongly suggests it is at least very heavily contaminated with, if not entirely, fumaric acid or/and calcium fumarate. But then I don't actually know the solubility of 5-MeO fumarate (if anyone even does!)

It's possible that the fumaric acid has precipitated out of the FASI on addition to the limonene. This may be ameliorated to an extent - next time - by spiking the dried limonene with dry IPA before adding the FASI. Anhydrous sodium carbonate seems to work for drying limonene.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

mycosis
#42 Posted : 12/21/2019 3:36:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Checked on the beaker this morning and water was clear with a light dusting of precipitate on the bottom. Best guess, I have roughly 40mg of sodium carbonate Laughing .

I committed myself to a proper A/B today and I will be using sodium hydroxide to base instead. I'll circle back to the calcium fumarate?/solubility testing later. It does seem like any STB type tek using calcium hydroxide and fumaric acid to salt out would be inadvisable? Hope to confirm that in the near future anyway.

I'll report back on the current extraction...decided to start with 200g run instead. I do have a TLC kit so I'll be sure to test anything that looks worth it.

Thanks for the feedback!

mycosis
#43 Posted : 12/26/2019 4:17:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Final results of this extraction was ~2mg? of tar. I could not get anything to precipitate after two attempts so I ended up evaporating, pulling with IPA and evaporating that. The image with the petri dish shows what is left after evaporation. I tasted the white powdery stuff and it has to be the little bit of sodium carbonate that managed to dissolve into the 99% IPA. I ran Marquis, Erlich, and Mecke reagents on a TLC (left, middle, and right respectively in the regular photo)...the results are ambiguous. I don't have any standards handy to compare it against any longer, but it looks like if this is anything it is DMT only?

On a positive note, I received another order of pulchellum seeds that look much better than the last ones from a different vendor. I planted ten after a 36 hour 600ppm GA-3 soak so I'm hoping to see something sprout in the next week or so Smile.
mycosis attached the following image(s):
IMG_20191226_102207.jpg (4,620kb) downloaded 234 time(s).
IMG_20191226_110308.jpg (2,974kb) downloaded 233 time(s).
IMG_20191226_110332.jpg (2,980kb) downloaded 230 time(s).

mycosis
#44 Posted : 12/30/2019 12:03:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Finally found a good vendor of pulchellum seeds! Less than seven days later after a GA-3 soak I have one germinated already. I'll be adding a new post to the supplier list Smile

pp2.jpg (3,655kb) downloaded 210 time(s).
pp_1.jpg (5,330kb) downloaded 205 time(s).

mycosis
#45 Posted : 2/12/2020 4:28:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Out of the 10 sown, I have three seedlings doing great! They are growing fast. Smile
pulchellum_seedlings.jpg (188kb) downloaded 176 time(s).

Metta-Morpheus
#46 Posted : 2/12/2020 7:15:38 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

Thanks for the update. 👍

I hope this journey pans out for you. It is great to have someone putting real effort into researching 5meo plants. Is this going to be grown indoors or out? I’m unfamiliar with pulchellum size and climate. Unfortunately I have a black thumb. I have never been good at botany. Therefore, I will have to learn and live vicariously through people like you!
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

mycosis
#47 Posted : 2/12/2020 9:59:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Metta-Morpheus wrote:
Thanks for the update. 👍

I hope this journey pans out for you. It is great to have someone putting real effort into researching 5meo plants. Is this going to be grown indoors or out? I’m unfamiliar with pulchellum size and climate. Unfortunately I have a black thumb. I have never been good at botany. Therefore, I will have to learn and live vicariously through people like you!

I'm growing all of my plants indoors (70-80f, 30-50% humidity) without any issues really other than frequent pruning of the mimosa tree. The only ones putting up any fuss so far are the psychotria viridis (leaves start to look a bit wilted in low humidity). These babies are the first plant I've successfully grown from seed. All my others were purchased as seedlings/cuttings. I've learned to water from the bottom (via a tray) when young, and then switch to fabric pots when ready for transplanting as they outgrow their plastic pots. Also terracotta watering stakes like those from Plant Nanny have made things super easy. Fluorescent or daylight-spectrum LED lights work great w/o generating too much heat/attention.

endlessness
#48 Posted : 2/13/2020 12:12:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mycosis, I dont see any purple in that ehrlich result, which isnt promissing... Can you do some ehrlich on a bit of the undissolved extract?

Also, do you not have any other dmt-containing plant to compare? Or at least some other active compound like paracetamol or caffeine or another drug, and then use the comparative calculator I link in this thread.

Also do you have a pic of the TLC under UV before the reagents?

Thanks for sharing your results so far!

mycosis
#49 Posted : 2/13/2020 10:11:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
mycosis, I dont see any purple in that ehrlich result, which isnt promissing... Can you do some ehrlich on a bit of the undissolved extract?

Also, do you not have any other dmt-containing plant to compare? Or at least some other active compound like paracetamol or caffeine or another drug, and then use the comparative calculator I link in this thread.

Also do you have a pic of the TLC under UV before the reagents?

Thanks for sharing your results so far!

I ran a small 100g extraction on some good MHRB a couple weeks back and tested that. The pulchellum's erlich never did turn purple, but the latter turned immediately as expected and got darker over time. Apologies, I failed to keep any of images around so I cannot share them any longer. Thank you for the link! I was wondering if where the dots showed up on the TLC was a helpful indicator as well as it seemed like my DMT spots tend to be strongest about halfway up the plate.

mycosis
#50 Posted : 2/13/2020 10:22:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
mycosis - one thing to try would be making some calcium fumarate on purpose and testing its solubility in acetone and water. It may be necessary to precipitate it from limonene as before in order to account for possible polymorphs.

Testing with a suitable reagent kit would help confirm the presence of alkaloid.

Quote:
it took ~200 ml of water to dissolve 150mg of this stuff...is that normal?

This strongly suggests it is at least very heavily contaminated with, if not entirely, fumaric acid or/and calcium fumarate. But then I don't actually know the solubility of 5-MeO fumarate (if anyone even does!)

It's possible that the fumaric acid has precipitated out of the FASI on addition to the limonene. This may be ameliorated to an extent - next time - by spiking the dried limonene with dry IPA before adding the FASI. Anhydrous sodium carbonate seems to work for drying limonene.

So I did get a chance to play around with this some more. Calcium Fumarate is a product of the reaction between Calcium Hydroxide and Fumaric Acid. This fumarate is also insoluble in the expected solvents (at room temp). Thanks for the tips on drying solvents by the way...it helped solve a goo issue in another extraction.

PREV123