We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Absinthe Options

modsquad09
#1 Posted : 4/23/2008 11:58:37 PM

mods

Anyone ever tried this amazing drink?
Let us know where you ordered it, how much, what kind, ect, & your trip report!

I myself tried La Fee absinthe, it was quite expensive, around 150 for a bottle.

But it was the best buzz ive ever had! the alcohol conent was very strong, but the herbs in it were very calming on the mind and stomach.

It gave me a very clear headed, secondary high.. Theres def. something in there!!!
Next day no hangover, so i drank more!
Everything above me is really a lie... think for yourself & question authority!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

tree_pie
#2 Posted : 4/24/2008 12:07:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

very weird indeed, it had a way bigger mind load than I had thought it would have. 2 shots in and I had the worst case of the spinnies ive ever had but strangely, felt alright and not totaly incapacitated with very little nausia.

Big Inhale
#3 Posted : 4/24/2008 4:08:36 AM

The Enlightend One

Absinthe now legal in Marylland
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

modsquad09
#4 Posted : 4/24/2008 4:16:18 AM

mods

Big Inhale wrote:
Absinthe now legal in Marylland

Is it legit! or do they take out the thujone or whatever?

Does maryland have a online shop i can purchase from!?

I would love to beat them over seas shipping charges =D

Sinewave
#5 Posted : 4/24/2008 7:21:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Absinthe online. That's the website where I get mine.

They send via courier (from the UK), and I have yet to have it confiscated, but the wikipedia article says it happens once in a while.

I read somewhere that very very recently Absinthe has become legal in the US.
Unfortunately I cannot verify this claim so take it for what it is.

It is just what you described. Very tasty, strong alcohol, but the thujone leaves the mind clear and lucid.
No hangovers ever.
Great combination with high grade herb.

Big Inhale
#6 Posted : 4/24/2008 4:23:08 PM

The Enlightend One

Sinewave wrote:
Absinthe online. That's the website where I get mine.

They send via courier (from the UK), and I have yet to have it confiscated, but the wikipedia article says it happens once in a while.

I read somewhere that very very recently Absinthe has become legal in the US.
Unfortunately I cannot verify this claim so take it for what it is.

It is just what you described. Very tasty, strong alcohol, but the thujone leaves the mind clear and lucid.
No hangovers ever.
Great combination with high grade herb.
Its only legal in maryland it just happened in feb or march they even had a sampling party with the govener and some other polititions
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

modsquad09
#7 Posted : 4/24/2008 6:30:24 PM

mods

hm thats good to know..

yea i just want to beat those damm over seas shipping charges, its like double for euro, then double that for shipping it so far & since its glass too FRAGILE methods..

I love it, but daaaaaaaaam make it affordable.

LemonScented
#8 Posted : 4/28/2008 8:28:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've had absente (not pure absinthe i know) and I've made my own. although it didn't louche, I still perferred my own brew.... absente has too much of a anise taste, kind of bland and uneventful. I'd like to try Lucid next, i'm just not willing to pay the 65 dollar price tag!

magic clown
#9 Posted : 4/28/2008 9:53:34 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

There's an old saying "Absinthe makes the brain go tender". And as far as sayings go that one is fairley accurate.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

Sinewave
#10 Posted : 4/28/2008 11:19:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

modsquad09 wrote:
shipping it so far & since its glass too FRAGILE methods..

Mine get's shipped in a very discreet box in a special styrofoam casing that fits over a bottle perfectly.
You can kick it down the driveway and it won't break.

I usually ask for friends to pitch in when it comes time to drink, so it leverages the cost. Also one bottle will get several people very loaded, twice.

magic clown
#11 Posted : 5/18/2008 12:14:24 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

I actually drink quite a lot of Absinth. When I hit new towns and bars on my travels, if I find a bar that I know I am going to frequent a lot, I generally persuade the barkeep to get a bottle in. There is somthing quite exentric about absinthe and absinthe drinkers that appeals to me.

It used to be illeagal in the UK untill about 1998 or so. When it first became legal a bar opened up in Hoxton E. London, knoking the stuff out to the party heads in the area. I would put some rediculous clown costume and swap magic tricks for hits of absinthe. It would work a treat. Some realy peculiar stanger doing bizarre and peculiar things whilst drinking green poison.

And it really is a very peculiar and dangerous drink. Twice it has totally caught me out. thrown me over its shoulder and given me a right kicking. Absinthe sneaks up on you. One minuite your there the next, with no warning, instantly tripping, oblivious. You may hear storries from the freinds that had to scoop you up into a taxi, but it will always remain black for you.

One of the curious adventures Ive had whilst on Absinthe.

I was dressed like a fucking christmas tree in the hight of Summer in Hoxton. I'm wearing a big straw hat and a pink feater boa. I was in a small circle of close friends but I'd hit a few stangers with some stunt or two, for shots of "The Green Lady". One minuite I am there, the center of atention, surrounded by applouding spectators, the next thing I know, I'm out side in the middle of the night in the rain, by myself, lost. I can't work out whats happened. Its like I've been transported both in time and dimension, instantly and with out my consent. Its very disconcerting.

Ive absolutley no idea where I am. I also discover that I can bearly walk. I take a few steps and fall over, pick my self up and repeat the proccess a number of times. I need to get home but dont recognize anything. I decide to walk/lurch up the road untill I spot a landmark in order to orientate my self. I walk and walk, desperatly looking for some recognizable feature. Past my best friends house, past my local pub, past my girl friends flat, past the magic shop that taught me most of what I now do, all the way to Oxford Street where I used to work. Suddenly I see where I am and retrace my steps back the way I've come (still lurching) towards Hackney.

I eventually find my flat only to discover that I can't find my keys. Its still raining. There is a burned out shell of some wrecked abandoned car on some nearby waste ground. I decide to take shelter in it. Some time latter, I wake to the sights and sounds of London going to work. My keys are on my lap and I am covered from my chin to my knees in the chilli sauce people put on kebabs.

I phoned in to work sick.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 2/4/2020 8:53:32 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

^This made me laugh.

Typical London story, really Big grin

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dragonrider
#13 Posted : 2/4/2020 9:36:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I once saw a little absinthe bush in a botanical garden. To my great shame i must admit that, overcome with a sudden flash of curiousity, i picked two hands full of leaves and branches of that bush and took it with me.

I first extracted it with water wich i then simmered down untill it was very concentrated. Then i mixed the extract and the plant material with gin, wich i then stored for about a year.

When i finally tried it, it turned out to have an awfully bitter taste. Realy disgusting.

downwardsfromzero
#14 Posted : 2/11/2020 10:57:10 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

dragonrider wrote:
I once saw a little absinthe bush in a botanical garden. To my great shame i must admit that, overcome with a sudden flash of curiousity, i picked two hands full of leaves and branches of that bush and took it with me.

I first extracted it with water wich i then simmered down untill it was very concentrated. Then i mixed the extract and the plant material with gin, wich i then stored for about a year.

When i finally tried it, it turned out to have an awfully bitter taste. Realy disgusting.

Ha ha! Even the slightest bit of research would have prepared you for that!

Wormwood is readily available at the herbalists, and also grows like a weed in the right places (certain city wastelands spring to mind - although somewhere a bit cleaner would clearly be preferably), so pinching it from botanical gardens is wholly unnecessary.

Even wormwood tea is shockingly bitter. Fortunately for my line of interest, I have a very high tolerance for bitter flavours. I once made a pot of extra strong wormwood tea with about 4 tablespoons of the dried herb infused in 1L of freshly boiled water. Within the hour, things started to look a bit strange.

Being something of an unrepentant fool at the time, it seemed like a good moment to try out some synthetic cannabinoid blend which had appeared in my proximity. This led to an almost instantaneous, paralysing attack of paranoia as, in my head, the creators of the cannabinoid blend cackled evilly at my stupid misfortune for having tried the stuff - and this for what seemed like an eternity. In reality, it was a little under two hours.

It felt as though the effects of the syn.can.blend were somewhat intensified by the wormwood although, given that I had absolutely no desire to try that hideous stuff (the syn.can.blend) ever again, it's impossible to say. I'd happily drink a few cups of strong wormwood tea again but even I have to put a drop or two of honey in it.

Absinthe proper has the advantage of being a distillate which leaves behind the intense bitterness. I do love absinthe, except that these days I hardly ever drink alcohol. It's something to do with the cactus...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli