We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
TBM, Short Type: Mercilessly intense experience Options

brewster
#21 Posted : 2/11/2020 12:03:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Grey Fox, thanks for the advice! As usual, it's good advise Smile I definitely will be more careful with the dosage. I mean, last time i hadn't intended to get such a high dose - simply didn't believe that 200ish grams of cactus could be so powerful. Next time, I'll do thorough testing to make sure I know how large a dose I'll get. It won't happen all too soon anyways.

Interesting input about the specimen. I head that Bridgesii are supposed to give what people said are darker trips than Pachanoi.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Grey Fox
#22 Posted : 2/11/2020 1:42:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There's just something about Bridgesii that seems extra "intense" compared most Trichocereus cacti. That extra intensity is great if you really want to feel the power of cactus. But sometimes its nice to have wonderful physical sensations and feelings of euphoria, to just feel love and healing, without the trip being so intense and challenging, as can easily happen on stronger doses of Bridgesii.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

brewster
#23 Posted : 2/11/2020 7:02:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hihi, I definitely felt the power of the cactus Twisted Evil .

Good to know - it would be very interesting to experience the bridgies on a moderate dose!

Sky Motion
#24 Posted : 5/4/2022 4:39:47 AM

<3

you only did 4 pups worth of tbm for this?

can you please clarify your dosage? Or anyone else have experience, I grow a ton of this cacti. Never ingested just let it do its thing but wow 4 pups, they dont ever get more than 4 inches long usually? just crazy if thats the case.

Wolfnippletip
#25 Posted : 5/4/2022 2:17:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's the thread where he clarifies the dosage: (post number 79)

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...osts&t=84932&p=4
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

Keeper Trout
#26 Posted : 5/4/2022 6:19:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Keeper Trout | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.Cacti expert | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.Senior Member | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.

Just a thought echoing what was already said. If a person took 200 grams of something that was 1% their dosage level would be 2 grams. If it was 2% double that, etcetera. Some of the bridgesii strains are coming back in the range of several percent or so, so adverse perceptions of bridgesii are likely due to unanticipatedly high dosages. Pachanoi and peruvianus often have other molecules like 3-methoxytyramine or DMPEA that competitively interfere with mescaline binding to receptors so are perceived of in a lighter way whereas so far only mescaline is being observed in bridgesii. An analytical project is underway as this is being written so eventually a lot more resolution will be available. Mescaline is a beautiful experience at an appropriate level but a really high dose is challenging and uncomfortable.

Grey Fox
#27 Posted : 5/6/2022 3:56:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is so interesting to hear! For so long it has been thought that there must be extra chemicals in Bridgesii that account for its unique character. How ironic that it might actually be extra chemicals in Pachanoi and Peruvianus and other Trichocereus cacti that have more to do with the perceived difference!

It is not surprising to hear that Bridgesii has been found to have such high amounts of mescaline.

All of this would confirm the numerous and longstanding anecdotal accounts within the Trichocereus community that Bridgesii is stronger than Pachanoi and Peruvianus.

I really look forward to hearing more about this! New discoveries about these cacti are exciting!

Thanks for sharing this info. Please let us know what other new findings are brought to light.

And also, it would be fascinating to better understand the chemical composition of Scopulicola.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

_Trip_
#28 Posted : 5/6/2022 6:55:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been keeping notes on a number of cacti I have extracted from including time of year pulled, what part of the cacti, strain etc using the Cielo Tek. With the limited number of strain I have pulled from so far Bridgesii strains are consistently stronger, Peruvianus is usually stronger than majority of pedro's and pedros themselves seem to wildly differ from one another. My weakest and strongest strains are both a pedro.

I do have a TBM I'd love to test.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

doubledog
#29 Posted : 5/6/2022 7:37:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have extracted both forms of TBM few times and yield was allways above 2% dry (whole plant), in one case of short form it was above 3%.

Sky Motion
#30 Posted : 5/6/2022 8:51:35 AM

<3

Keeper Trout wrote:
Just a thought echoing what was already said. If a person took 200 grams of something that was 1% their dosage level would be 2 grams. If it was 2% double that, etcetera. Some of the bridgesii strains are coming back in the range of several percent or so, so adverse perceptions of bridgesii are likely due to unanticipatedly high dosages. Pachanoi and peruvianus often have other molecules like 3-methoxytyramine or DMPEA that competitively interfere with mescaline binding to receptors so are perceived of in a lighter way whereas so far only mescaline is being observed in bridgesii. An analytical project is underway as this is being written so eventually a lot more resolution will be available. Mescaline is a beautiful experience at an appropriate level but a really high dose is challenging and uncomfortable.

Thank you for this important information. I'm an avid grower but only done the medicine once, it was mild and lovely. I'll have to keep in mind to not overshoot, cause the length of this could just be a nightmare I'd want to avoid. Very interesting about the others as I grow them all. Always looking for more info.

Where do you get it? Tricho.net is okay but I want even more

merkin
#31 Posted : 6/16/2022 10:47:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

_Trip_ wrote:
I've been keeping notes on a number of cacti I have extracted from including time of year pulled, what part of the cacti, strain etc using the Cielo Tek. With the limited number of strain I have pulled from so far Bridgesii strains are consistently stronger, Peruvianus is usually stronger than majority of pedro's and pedros themselves seem to wildly differ from one another. My weakest and strongest strains are both a pedro.

I do have a TBM I'd love to test.

I'm also sampling some of my plants atm and finding a similar trend. Haven't got too far into the pedros but a great variance there too. They are mostly the same clone but in different garden areas and different mother plant ages - often replants from breakage etc. But with CIELO yields pedros varying from <0.2% to 1.8%. Bridgesii (same mother plant but different clones) coming in consistently above 1.8%. I have some TBM (both types) to try but probably better planting cuttings at moment to get some stock. My newer plants (less than 5 years old) I haven't touched yet, include some different pedro cuttings, some Peruvians (short and long spine) and a Bridgesii named 'Ben'. They seem too 'new' to harvest (the gardner in me being protective!).

I thought I'd messed up some of the Pedro extractions (thought I had messed the solvent cleaning and other things), but some super low yields definitely a trend with them so far. I think I will definitely do a couple of TBM segments (the segmenting type) just to see what's in there.

_Trip_
#32 Posted : 6/16/2022 2:22:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

merkin wrote:

I'm also sampling some of my plants atm and finding a similar trend. Haven't got too far into the pedros but a great variance there too. They are mostly the same clone but in different garden areas and different mother plant ages - often replants from breakage etc. But with CIELO yields pedros varying from 0.2% to 1.8%. Bridgesii (same mother plant but different clones) coming in consistently above 1.8%. I have some TBM (both types) to try but probably better planting cuttings at moment to get some stock. My newer plants (less than 5 years old) I haven't touched yet, include some different pedro cuttings, some Peruvians (short and long spine) and a Bridgesii named 'Ben'. They seem too 'new' to harvest (the gardner in me being protective!).

I thought I'd messed up some of the Pedro extractions (thought I had messed the solvent cleaning and other things), but some super low yields definitely a trend with them so far. I think I will definitely do a couple of TBM segments (the segmenting type) just to see what's in there.

I think that's very interesting you are finding similar results. I will add, reports of keeping cuttings in the dark to increase potency makes sense to me too after I have found cacti cuttings of the same plant to be stronger in winter (when there is less daylight) than in summer.

Keep us posted merkin. Definitely a smart move to be protective and keep those strains safe until you have a few back ups then test when your ready.
Disclaimer: All my posts are of total fiction.

skelly0311
#33 Posted : 9/30/2022 3:34:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I wanted to clarify the potential dosage here, and discuss what could have caused such a severe trip. In my experience. with dehydrating well watered segments of bridgesii short form, I find that around 93.9% of it is water, thus the 227 grams ingested fresh, reported by the user would be approximately 13.85 grams dried. if we assume these bridgesii were 3% mescaline, which seems to be the upper echelon of potency regarding bridge monstrous short form, that means the OP ingested, at most the equivalence of 0.42 grams of mescaline HCl.

This would be considered middle ground of a strong dose, but far from what some people would consider a "heroic" dose. Considering mescaline is much gentler in high doses than other psychedelics such as mushrooms, and the OP specifically stated he has taken high doses of mushrooms before, and seems to be somewhat used to the psychedelic headspace, I do find it interesting OP had such a terrible experience.

I really hope we can get some of these plants assayed in an actual lab setting. I've always been skeptical about bridge having other psychoactive chemicals, but it's definitely possible.

PREV12