We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Straight To Acetone (STA) Options

Kash
#21 Posted : 2/7/2020 2:31:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

Wow, super cool tek Loveall. Would love to try this some day... This could be the all-natural survivalist's guide to extract mescaline as NP's tend to become unavailable as time goes on.

It definitely looks like there are other salts in there given the absence of needles, but also resembles the color of mesc sulfate. If you are going to purify and want to make sure all salts are removed, basing into toluene and crashing out in acidic methanol works very well as outlined in my wiki tek.

Would also be interesting to extract the ending goo and liquid contents using traditional techniques to determine if any mesc was left behind.

Can't wait to see Benz's results! Thumbs up
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dreamer042
#22 Posted : 2/10/2020 11:23:19 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

We were able to have DanceSafe subject this precipitate to a litany of reagents. No mescaline was detected. Unfortunately it looks like it's just inactive salts.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Loveall
#23 Posted : 2/11/2020 1:31:37 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

dreamer042 wrote:
We were able to have DanceSafe subject this precipitate to a litany of reagents. No mescaline was detected. Unfortunately it looks like it's just inactive salts.

Benzyme also reports/confirms mostly salts in his first analysis.

The gunk that precipitated 1st before adding sulfuric is the next place I will look for Mescaline. After a few days it has dried up. It looks interesting with white specks/clusters in it (picture below). Reminder that this gunk is easily precipitated out after adding two volumes of acetone to a plain water concentrated cacti extract

Not sure how to go about processeling the gunk (any ideas?). It is very easy to get to the gunk, hoping the Mescaline is there and we can get it out.
Loveall attached the following image(s):
IMG_20200210_195841061.jpg (2,827kb) downloaded 247 time(s).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

endlessness
#24 Posted : 2/11/2020 10:03:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Regardless of the outcome, thank you very much for sharing all these experiments! That's the only way to actually expand our knowledge, to take the initiative and do tests like this.

Thumbs up Smile

Loveall
#25 Posted : 2/12/2020 9:30:00 AM

❤️‍🔥

Thanks endlessness.

Benzyme did a a second run (done because the detector wasn't responding to direct infusions of standards) and changed the electron multiplier. No mescaline (211 peak) is present as expected from Dreamer042's reagent tests. However there are peaks at 208 and 225 (difference is an 0H). Anyone know what they could be?

Loveall attached the following image(s):
FB387985-E049-4170-BC68-1328-AF89-AD87.jpg (2,623kb) downloaded 203 time(s).

endlessness
#26 Posted : 2/12/2020 11:51:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here I go over the compounds found in cact so far, could help finding the unknowns. Many are too light to be the molecules found. Could it be:

Anhalonidine
3,5-dimethoxy-4-hydroxyphenylethylamine,
3,4-dimethoxy-5-hydroxyphenylethylamine

?

DeDao
#27 Posted : 2/12/2020 10:05:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Loveall
#28 Posted : 2/13/2020 12:09:54 AM

❤️‍🔥

endlessness wrote:
Here I go over the compounds found in cact so far, could help finding the unknowns. Many are too light to be the molecules found. Could it be:

Anhalonidine
3,5-dimethoxy-4-hydroxyphenylethylamine,
3,4-dimethoxy-5-hydroxyphenylethylamine

?

Thanks! Anhalonidine fits the 225 peak (Benzyme mentioned that the absolute calibration is off by +2). Would we expect a reagent reaction for it? There were none at DanceSafe. Are there any known effects from Anhalonidine?

Maybe I should bioassay the powder...

Kash
#29 Posted : 2/15/2020 6:07:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great pioneering effort nonetheless Loveall, there needs to be more experimentation like this. Definitely more possibilities when it comes to solubility. You've etched a few ideas into the head and one may need to do a couple new experiments soon. Thumbs up

If I had to take a guess, would think the mesc ended up in the final liquid rather than the gunk, but the gunk can be extracted for testing with traditional A/B techniques. Dissolve in acidic H2O, decant/filter, base into NP, acid H2O pull.
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

Loveall
#30 Posted : 2/15/2020 12:12:06 PM

❤️‍🔥

Kash wrote:
Great pioneering effort nonetheless Loveall, there needs to be more experimentation like this. Definitely more possibilities when it comes to solubility. You've etched a few ideas into the head and one may need to do a couple new experiments soon. Thumbs up

If I had to take a guess, would think the mesc ended up in the final liquid rather than the gunk, but the gunk can be extracted for testing with traditional A/B techniques. Dissolve in acidic H2O, decant/filter, base into NP, acid H2O pull.

ThanksSmile

Any particular reason you think the Mescaline is still in the liquid? I was leaning towards the gunk since it wasn't in the acetone and sulfuric precipitate. I'm thinking that because based on dg's Tek, mescaline would not stay in solution in that environment (so it should have precipitated earlier).

If so, another test us to add the original acetone in 10% increments. Maybe the pure gunk and other salts precipitate at different times.

The gunk later on dried to the consistency of taffy. I may just eat some 🙃

doubledog
#31 Posted : 2/15/2020 3:16:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did couple of similar experiments in the past, having used citric acid or HCL and isopropanol instead of sulphuric acid and acetone.

Precipitated gunk was inactive and mescaline ended up in the liquid even after freezing.
This liquid after evaporation gave a resin with approx. 8% mescaline, which was confirmed by mini A/B extraction.

Loveall
#32 Posted : 2/15/2020 3:44:42 PM

❤️‍🔥

doubledog wrote:
I did couple of similar experiments in the past, having used citric acid or HCL and isopropanol instead of sulphuric acid and acetone.

Precipitated gunk was inactive and mescaline ended up in the liquid even after freezing.
This liquid after evaporation gave a resin with approx. 8% mescaline, which was confirmed by mini A/B extraction.

Thanks that's great info. I think your result makes sense as the HCl salt is very water soluble.

doubledog
#33 Posted : 2/15/2020 5:02:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My goal was to make full spectrum purified resin without mucilage, so higher solubility was desired.

Kash
#34 Posted : 2/16/2020 1:38:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Kash wrote:

ThanksSmile

Any particular reason you think the Mescaline is still in the liquid? I was leaning towards the gunk since it wasn't in the acetone and sulfuric precipitate. I'm thinking that because based on dg's Tek, mescaline would not stay in solution in that environment (so it should have precipitated earlier).

If so, another test us to add the original acetone in 10% increments. Maybe the pure gunk and other salts precipitate at different times.

The gunk later on dried to the consistency of taffy. I may just eat some 🙃

Sure, the reason I think that is because mescaline salts tend to be slightly soluble in acetone and likewise quite soluble in acetone/H2O, especially when in a 'relatively' dilute mixture with unknown variables. I would be surprised if they crashed out with the gunk, trace amounts maybe?

Dropping out the target would be getting the solution as clean/concentrated as possible and then making a really insoluble environment. Water can be removed with excess dried Epson Salt. Alcohol/MEK is a good solvent combo, but the solvent possibilities are nearly endless. My guess is if you add some IPA and removed most of the water from the cleaned acetone cacti mix, there would be some good precipitate in the freezer. Smile

Loveall
#35 Posted : 5/13/2020 4:22:09 PM

❤️‍🔥

Thanks Kash, good perspective. This feedback is very helpful.

Upon further testing think you are right that we had trouble crashing the sulfate salts from the water/acetone.

Mescaline dilution and overall % water is a concern, agreeed. Another could be the pH, if it is too low I think a different salt can form (mescalineH)HSO4 (instead of 2(MescalineH)SO4) which should be even more soluble and difficult to crash. I didn't control the pH and kept on adding sulfuric acid which could have been an issue.

We have dg's result that showed mescaline sulfate does crash in up to 50% cold water/acetone (there the mescaline sulfate is much more concentrated though). I still have hopes for crashing mescaline sulfates in acetone and water in the freezer under more dilute mescaline conditions, especially if the % of water is reduced and the pH is controlled. Adding more SO4-- ions could help, but that seems tricky.

Next, I'm trying to lower the water % and control the pH. That is going on in another thread at the moment. In short a basic water paste made, that is pulled with acetone, and the FB is titrated out with dilute sulfuric acid. Fingers crossed for that process.

It turns out that some of the straight to acetone work was done before (I missed that thread 🤦‍♂️. The filtered water/acetone was evaped to an active resin and some other separation ideas where discussed.

PREV12