We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A Night To Reconnect And Heal (Pachanoi & Bridgesii) Options

Grey Fox
#1 Posted : 12/26/2019 1:44:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

On the evening of the Winter Solstice I drank 16 ounces of tea, which had been prepared from 5 inches of fat Pachanoi and 9 inches of Bridgesii. Started drinking the tea at 6:00pm outside by a small fire. Followed each sip by eating some orange segments to chase the terribly bitter flavor. By 7:00pm all of the tea was consumed.

My original intent was to sit outside the entire night by a fire. Unfortunately the wind was picking up and starting to howl. By 8:00pm I had to put out the fire and head indoors. I had begun to feel a change of headspace while outside, but it was when I came indoors that the effects of the cactus started to really kick in and become psychedelic.

This was a very memorable trip. It ended up being one of the most impactful and positive trips of my life. And very insightful in that my last trip was from tea made from the exact same plants and amounts as this one. However that last trip had significant unpleasant physical side effects (mostly muscle twitching and cramps throughout) while not having many visuals. Oddly this trip had almost no physical side effects (besides minor nausea) and was very visual. The same plants and amounts were used. It just goes to show that each trip is its own experience, and new and unpredictable each time.

This is what happened: I went indoors at 8pm and spent the next 8 hours sitting with my girlfriend in our bedroom and talking about our relationship and our lives. At various points I was overwhelmed by emotion. The effects continued to build and build, and peaked around midnight. At no point was it difficult to use words. However the visuals were quite intense. I could not see faces clearly. Any face that I looked at morphed and continually changed, alternating between young and old, with various expressions and impressions being displayed in constant transition and morph. I could not understand photographs, who the people were, their relationship to each other, their age and race and expression continually morphing. My girlfriend showed me a photo of her friend who is black and the husband who is Asian and their kids. I could not understand who was who or any aspect of the family dynamic at all. I was unable to understand who was the father and who was the mother. I might as well have been looking at aliens from another planet. None of it made any sense or fit any pattern that my mind could process.

We listened to a SiriusXM music channel on the tv. It was the "Spa" channel, which is relaxing new age music. A photo of the album cover would show on the screen while the music played. One album cover was of an impressionist painting of a sailboat at sea. Even though my girlfriend assured me that it was just a still painting on the tv screen, I watched in wonder as a storm raged and the boat was tossed about on the waves. Any photo / image / painting was in constanst motion.

When I closed my eyes I saw faces morphing in rapid and grotesque manner. It kept returning to the motiph of a clown's head. But the head would fractalize out from the center, mouth and teeth gaping and exposed, turned outward grotesquely before morphing into a different type of head, which in turn would fractalize out of itself from a gaping center before morphing again... over and over and over.

The trip peaked at midnight and continued at peak intensity until about 4am. The intensity then began to diminsh and I was able to sleep at 6am. When I awoke a few hours later the trip had ended.

I had lots of energy during this trip. Kept standing and pacing around in the bedroom all night.

But the heart of this trip, the real meat of it, was the talk my girlfriend and I had throughout the night. We confronted our feelings about aspects of our relationship in a way that we had never done before. It felt like we heard each other in a way that had not happened in years. We are in a much better place now, and for this I am deeply thankful. It feels like this trip opened our hearts back up to each other again. Our love feels very strong right now.

I am very thankful to have experienced that night. I saw that I had become too entrenched in my perspectives, especially regarding the relationship. Without realizing it, I had stopped listening to her, and had become used to making up my mind about things before she was even done speaking. I saw how hurtful this was to her. I saw how much I need to change.

San Pedro is an incredible medicine. It has power to change a person, unlike anything else that I have experienced. I feel that I have an ally for life in this cactus, and without the guidance and correction that it affords, I am just like that sailboat, tossed about aimlessly. I will keep coming back to San Pedro again and again. I want to see it spread throughout the world. I love this cactus.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

coAsTal
#2 Posted : 12/26/2019 3:28:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This was a stellar report, GF -- thank you so very much for sharing it.

I wish very much that I could share this kind of experience with my wife-- but she has no interest in anything mind-altering. I would love to be able to "dust off the foundation" of our relationship from time to time under those colors-- in past relationships it was so good to be able to swim in that water together...

I really love your focus on the sailboat picture coming alive...

One of the best cactus experiences I remember was when I lived next to a tree and took a picture of it on my phone because it looked so incredible under the influence-- so I look at the picture after taking it, and it was blowing in the wind!

Like so absolutely convincingly moving that I thought I had taken video instead-- it was incredible! That picture was alive for several minutes-- I was transfixed by it.
Very happy

Grey Fox
#3 Posted : 12/26/2019 4:59:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Big grin OEVs on cactus are so realistic its amazing. I hope you still have that photo on your phone. Thats a cool memento to hold on to.

My girlfriend was sober the other night. She has never tried psychedelics before. But she saw what the cactus was doing to me and she responded to it. Maybe one day she'll try, at least thats what I hope for.

IT WAS ALL A DREAM

coAsTal
#4 Posted : 12/28/2019 4:06:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I did save it!

So interesting that your lady and you have that kind of relationship. I adore my wife, but it would be very awkward and uncomfortable to do anything psychedelic around her-- I guess our wavelengths don't sync up that way... fortunately they do in all other areas Smile

I do miss that particular bond I've had within past relationships-- but it's OK, I'm far more a solitary tripper by nature anyway.

Inspired by your post, I just finished a 30 hour boil of 16" skinny pach and ~16" skinny PC I have had laying in the cool dark for a few months-- I have quite a bit of reducing to do over the coming days, but I anticipate a happy new year Thumbs up

Grey Fox
#5 Posted : 12/28/2019 4:55:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wish you a fantastic New Year's journey Coastal! Sounds like you are brewing a nice tea! How skinny are those cuttings?

My girlfriend and I have been together for 9 years and its only in the last year that she has been starting to express more openness toward psychedelics. Cactus microdoses are an attractive option that she is becoming more interested in, so that might be how it starts. People keep growing and evolving over time, so there is always hope! I'm glad to hear that your connection is so strong in every other way. Thumbs up

IT WAS ALL A DREAM

coAsTal
#6 Posted : 12/28/2019 5:46:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you brother--

the pach is the same variety that I used over the summer, and was between 3 and 4 inches thick. The PC I had bought intending to use as stock for grafting, but since we've moved into such a small place since then, I've been sitting on 6 lengths of the damned things not knowing what to do with them-- they're just under 3 inches thick or so-- definitely not expecting a lot of contribution from it since it's clearly newer growth, but I figure they'll not survive forever sitting in a box under the bed and I don't want to go to the hassle of re-selling them.

Grey Fox
#7 Posted : 12/28/2019 11:41:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Let us know how it turns out. Safe travels!
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Ded2journey
#8 Posted : 1/10/2020 3:14:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Grey...I was starting to get nervous about my upcoming trip. After reading this I feel comfort and relaxation. Thanks for sharing...courage restored. Smile
Everything I say is complete nonsense...I am an internet troll looking for attention.

Grey Fox
#9 Posted : 1/11/2020 3:18:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thumbs up

Thanks for that encouraging feedback! Have a great journey and be safe.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Grey Fox
#10 Posted : 2/8/2020 6:05:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was watching that SiriusXM Spa channel again and that song with the sailboat painting on the album cover came on again. I thought it would be fun to post an image of it here. This is what a constantly moving boat at sea that is tossed around by a huge storm looks like with mescaline LOL:
Grey Fox attached the following image(s):
51FrFsFTNLL._SY400_.jpg (28kb) downloaded 81 time(s).
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

King Tryptamine
#11 Posted : 2/9/2020 7:01:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't usually enjoy reading up on other peoples experiences with psychedelics since I usually find these type of experiences to be something personal and intimately unique to the individual but I must say I enjoyed reading this one in particular.

Nicely written Grey Fox and I must say I really liked the idea of enjoying a psychedelic by fire side which I have yet to experience so I look forward to mimicking this idea and see how it adds to the experience. Smile

Tony6Strings
#12 Posted : 2/10/2020 5:22:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Loved reading this. Thanks for posting this Greg Fox.

My fiance and I tried our first cactus together. She had a very difficult experience, unpleasant to say the least. Some people just don't mesh with psychedelics. I would love to share these experiences with her. Want so badly for her to experience DMT. Maybe (hopefully) someday.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Grey Fox
#13 Posted : 2/10/2020 6:02:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

KT and Tony thanks for the kind words.

The fire is nice if you have an outdoor space for it. Its a good idea to have lots of wood cut and stacked where you want it before the trip starts. If it is not too windy and you keep the fire small then it is managable, as long as it is not too strong of a trip.

The flames and coals do strange things during the trip. It almost becomes like a living entity that accompanies you on the journey. I like to start the fire when I drink the tea, and let it burn out as the trip is ending. On those nights, the fire and the moon are the only lights I use. Its amazing how well you can see, especially with the cactus.

Tony maybe your fiance would do better with a lower dose next time, if she ever tries again.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM