We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Harmine extraction Options

RayOfLight
#1 Posted : 1/1/2010 6:18:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

does anyone know if you can use a sodium carb wash instead of ammonia on harmalas ?
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Phaedris
#2 Posted : 1/3/2010 6:21:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It doesn't seem to be very common but is possible:

Basic Peganum Harmala Extraction

I'm curious - harmine is so cheap (and legal) to buy, why extract?

peace
Phaedris

nadir
#3 Posted : 1/3/2010 9:55:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sodium carb wash works even better than ammonia
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

Crystalito
#4 Posted : 1/3/2010 2:10:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I'm curious - harmine is so cheap (and legal) to buy, why extract?

Hmmmm... My take on it : I rather enjoy extracting first of all, i find it fulfiling and interesting.Then,there is always the little idealist in me: we already are knee-deep in "buying", some people even subconsciously define themselves as "I Buy,therefore i Am" Razz.Look around you how many of the things you have are bought: now if you show your shoes and clothes,grow your food and make your own furniture (no,not from Ikea( , i pass Very happy.So i try not buying if something i can do myself quite good.For the same reason i also plant the peganum harmala plant, so i will not have to go back to buying from a vendor. As an extra point, its ...an illusion thinking that all those plants and substances will be forever and ever available to you from a vendor.

As an extra security measure of sorts, its more secure (read:invisible) to extract your own rather than have "weird powders" arriving through mail.

By no means i say people shouldnt buy: The motto is "Do what you want,as long as noone is harmed"(hmm does that include yourself also? Pleased ) .

Phaedris
#5 Posted : 1/4/2010 12:19:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Crystalito, I'm with you on being self-sufficient. It makes sense on a number of levels. I'm even considering making my own lye, but hopefully the new d-limonene teks will make that unnecessary.

My problem is that I don't have enough time for all the entheogenic alchemy I'm interested in. Maybe in a year or two, after I've perfected my techniques and settled on a few favorite plant medicines I'll branch out.

peace
Phaedris