We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Chronic Harmala Usage for Nicotine Cessation Options

King Tryptamine
#1 Posted : 10/26/2019 1:47:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello people! so I've been administering harmalas via P.harmala chronically as a means to both cope and reduce the depressive symptoms associated with the acute stages of nicotine withdrawal. This has been going on for the better part of a month after which I've started to feel somewhat normal again, apart from a few godforsaken cravings that flare up every now and again to haunt me. Approximately 2 days ago I decided to stop the MAOI usage and from what I can tell at this point in time there is virtually no rebound effect. However for some reason I cannot explain, I'm seeing VERY mild tracers, exactly of the same character that you'd expect to see while'st on harmalas, though this does not bother me I'm here to ask anyone on this forum who's used this drug chronically, do I have something more sinister in line to be concerned about in terms of rebound effects? If so please post you're experiences/suggestions.

P.S. No one mention the aid of using e-cigs/NRT as a means to abstain from this drug. I don't see how using NICOTINE is gonna help get off NICOTINE like "medical professionals" often suggest, its pretty stupid to say the least. I just want to get off this dirty trash of a drug that's been made legal by our, oh so caring governments lol.

Further comments and possible help for fellow nicotine addicts:

I will say from PERSONAL experience that harmala usage has definitely helped cope with the early symptoms of nicotine withdrawal in terms of depression but I do have two other recommendations for those wishing to get off this cancer of a drug that has also helped in the past being: coca leaf for dopamine related issues (concentration,motivation,etc) and cannabis to keep irritability at bay ensuring you don't go ape sh** on someone undeserving. Best of wishes, KT.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

muladharma
#2 Posted : 2/6/2020 6:57:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll try my best to share my personal experience in this context with Peganum harmala tea.

For dosage, I went for about half a teaspoon of seeds, triple boiled and t-shirt filtered. I was a heavy smoker then, before my first experience with this method.

The first experience was approached carefully, while well rested, before my fifth or so cigarette that day. I had a sense of loss of balance, extremely slight peripheral vision enhancement, and bodily awareness. I felt a detachment from my physical actions, which allowed much more conscious thought before every action, especially smoking. I did not pick up cigarettes during this experience, also due to an unusual form of nausea, and perception of ingesting anything unlike water (including sugary drinks which were another addiction of mine then) as very unwanted.

That new perception and sensation of smoking must have remained in my memory, and was the reason for keeping away from them more and more untill quitting. Of course curiosity always led me back to smoking after the experience faded, but feels like the memory helped.

I am thankful for approaching it so analytically, I always give a rue experience the space and preparation it deserves, doing it ceremonially, with intent of healing.
Find the wisdom to practice loving-kindness.

FranLover
#3 Posted : 2/6/2020 8:06:26 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Meditate in nature everyday
!!!
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

FranLover
#4 Posted : 2/6/2020 9:05:31 PM

Destroy craving, root it out completley, vanquish it, leave no trace of it.

“It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.”
“It is better to travel well than to arrive.”
“The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”
“However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?”
“I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act.”
“I never see what has been done; I only see what remains to be done.”
“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.”
“To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.”

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1034778#post1034778

EMERGENCY VIDEOS

Who Wants To Go Back To Smoking?

Just One Little Puff?

I Want Just One!

If you are ever about to smoke remember that the pleasure of giving in is never as good as the pleasure of destroying craving and coming through victorious. And always feel free to message me at anytime for support.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

FranLover
#5 Posted : 2/6/2020 9:11:10 PM

King Tryptamine wrote:

I do have two other recommendations for those wishing to get off this cancer of a drug that has also helped in the past being: coca leaf for dopamine related issues (concentration,motivation,etc) and cannabis to keep irritability at bay ensuring you don't go ape sh** on someone undeserving. Best of wishes, KT.

If you do this you are just making the same mistake; you are giving pleasure and sensuality authority over you. The moment you quit the weed or coca leaf you realize you never learned how to cope with craving. Never practiced sober living. Merley traded in one pleasure for another.
It must stop.
Sooner or later all this stimulation and mental masturbation must stop.
Why not sooner rather than later?

Courage, courage, courage
!!!

ShamensStamen
#6 Posted : 2/6/2020 9:34:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The tracers aren't a concern, i've gotten them too, they'll fade, don't worry.

King Tryptamine
#7 Posted : 2/7/2020 2:16:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all the input and advise guys, deeply appreciate all the helpful insights you guys have given in relation to the subject.

P.S. You make a very interesting and valid point about the cannabis and coca being another crutch-vice akin to nicotine FranLover but at this point in time, these are substances I'd consider to be more on par with something like coffee. An unnecessary and mentally taxing habit that takes place near day to day life but not a habit that causes such extreme misery and discomfort when a dose of either one of the two is missed as is the case with nicotine, be it tobacco, e-cigs or NRT.

Having said that I'll definitely try my best to give 'sobriety' another shot with the exception of Mescaline, N,N-DMT, Psilocin, 5-MeO-DMT and Harmalas (potentiator) being excluded from that sobriety. Hey cut me some slack! gotta have some haha.

FranLover
#8 Posted : 2/7/2020 3:24:21 AM

There is really no need for coffee either.

You are smoking 5 meo? 😯

King Tryptamine
#9 Posted : 2/7/2020 3:56:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I know FL, I know. I've still yet to try 5-MeO-DMT though, so I'm reserving my judgment for that one in addition to mescaline which I also haven't had the pleasure to experience but from what I've read online they both seem to be wonderful-remarkable psychedelics and I've still yet to come across a serotinergic psychedelic that's been a let down in one way or another and effected my life with a negative impact be it organic as is the case for N,N-DMT and psilocin or synthetic as is the case for LSD and 2CB so this is why 5-MeO-DMT along with mescaline are part of that listing even though I've personally got no experience with any one of them.

FranLover
#10 Posted : 2/7/2020 7:01:59 AM

Mescaline is easy to come by and easy to prepare and consume and very much worth it Thumbs up as you probably know, I highly recommend Bridgesii.

Have you read Allen Carr's book?

Keep up the good work ! Its a great source of pride when you look at the benefits, or when you are able to say "I used to be a smoker." Any smoker envies that, wished they could say that. So indeed, I cut you some slack Razz

But its just a matter of what one thinks is pleasurable. If for example one considers that taking Kratom or Coca leaf is more pleasurable than going out for a jog or to the beach or watching a movie or reading a book, then one is going to take Kratom or Coca leaf and depend on the effects as a main source of pleasure in the day. Because to unwind, let lose, relax, we do the things we find most pleasurable. But there are constructive ways and destructive ways of having a pleasant day. The constructive ways are always more pleasurable and in the long run beneficial, while that the destructive ones appear to be more pleasurable but upon mindful inspection actually have very little pleasant in them, and are always detrimental in the long run.

I'm just preaching to myself btw Razz I've had many serious quit attempts in the last 2 years. I failed many times but never gave up. I've been quit for 3 months now. These are the things I learned. Every moment you dont smoke, you are learning to live again as a non smoker.

But you are right, cannabis in the first three days of acute nicotine withdrawal is not a bad strategy for getting through those days...one just has to seriously watch out that it doesnt become an every day thing.