We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is fermenented brew ok to drink after boil? Options

Fractalus
#1 Posted : 1/18/2020 11:11:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

apearently i dreamed faw brews that start to fermenent and the shaman says its ok to give it a good boil and drink it, what you nexian say about this?
though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

coAsTal
#2 Posted : 1/19/2020 12:12:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How are you meaning when you say it's fermented?
If it's been re-boiled, I can't imagine it would be an issue-- as I have done the same with brews that were sitting in the fridge for a few weeks with no problems--

FranLover
#3 Posted : 1/19/2020 12:19:23 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

One keeps Caapi brews in bottles in a closet for months, and they are a okay, more so once re heated in microwave or a pot.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

RhythmSpring
#4 Posted : 1/19/2020 1:12:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fermented/fizzy ok

Moldy, not ok.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Fractalus
#5 Posted : 2/1/2020 9:55:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks a lot friends! that really helps
much love!
though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

kerelsk
#6 Posted : 2/2/2020 5:43:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hope this is on topic enough...

I've been thinking about ways to increase the lifespan of my brews since oftentimes I don't get to them right away. It would be useful to encourage a healthy fermentation instead of the mold that rue in particular is susceptible to. I have found caapi and acacia liquids to be much more time-resilient.

As I understand from helping out at a kombucha brewing business that it is safe to sell and consume preserved foods and drinks if they are pH 4 or below. I've been putting some vinegar in my last brews and I should check how they're doing for me.

I really enjoy having a rue+acacia brew on hand to sip in the evening. If the concentration is strong enough I feel some tryptamine effects even on lower doses of the brew.

Legarto Rey
#7 Posted : 2/2/2020 9:01:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I, too, have found ACRB, MHRB and Caapi teas, filtered then reduced then refrigerated, durable.
Stored rue tea does seem to "spoil" quickly. Seeds and extracts, no problem. Chacruna or Chaliponga
tea storage...request input. Leaves are so easy to brew, haven't stored the brew.

Peace