We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
very low yields Options

Pharmahuasquero
#1 Posted : 1/6/2020 11:09:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator wrote:
Edited. No sourcing talk.

Hi all,

It's been an awful long time since I did an extraction. I always preferred A/B and use to get great results close to 2%.

However I haven't been able to do any for a good few years, maybe even a decade and think I am very rusty.

From a kilo its looking like I'll be lucky to get 5g.

the first half I used vinegar as my acid, after low yields I switched to HCI, but think I got my quantities very wrong and have an insanely acidic aqueous solution. i also think I reduced it too much perhaps?

Anyway, when I basified (my solution here may have been too strong too) it first went a little clumpy, but did turn grey/blue and then jet black but wheh I pulled with warm naptha I've pull next to nothing.

I think there's plenty of DMT in there I just can't get it out.

Would adding salt help?

I've done 3 naptha pulls on 175g HMRB result in about 1.5l very acidic aqueous solution. NaOH was used to base and warm naptha to pull and I've got a total of about 300g DMT

Any ideas on what I can do as I think I'm only get about 1/4 to 1/3 of goodies here.

Many Thanks

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Pharmahuasquero
#2 Posted : 1/6/2020 11:33:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

now I am thinking perhaps I have also used way too much naptha to freeze precipitate it out? Maybe I should evaporate what I have, perhaps it is in there but not saturated enough to freeze out.

I should have read up a little more on teks rather than using my memory.

This could end up as a post on how not to do an extraction.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 1/6/2020 11:58:16 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

As an alternative to evaporating your naphtha, you could simply wash it with a few portions of vinegar - keep the vinegar of course!

Then you can base the vinegar and pull again with a smaller quantity of the same naphtha.

Sounds like your fundamental mistake was chucking a whole kilo in an extraction when you didn't know what you were doing!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Pharmahuasquero
#4 Posted : 1/7/2020 12:06:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks downwards, thats a much better idea.

Pharmahuasquero
#5 Posted : 1/29/2020 7:37:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator wrote:
Edited. No sourcing talk.

Anyway I am still getting only 0.5% at best!

Everything looks great in the process. I can't understand why my yields are so low.

I have still keep all my extractions. I have boiled my bark so much that literally no colour comes out of it anymore. When I basify the reaction takes a while and a far old bit of NaOH is added.

I have pulled and pulled and pulled with naphtha over and over again and nothing more is coming out.

I can only put it down to crap MHRB.

Maybe I should switch to Acacia Confusa?

Metta-Morpheus
#6 Posted : 1/30/2020 12:20:21 AM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

I enjoy working with acacia better than mimosa. Not sure why, but my expected yields have been better with acacia. And I’m not a purist/cleaner, so I work with full spectrums, and I like the acacia profile better. Just my two cents.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Tony6Strings
#7 Posted : 1/30/2020 5:26:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I feel for you. My mimosa gives me close to 2% if I go the extra mile . 1.5 anytime. Try some different bark.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Pharmahuasquero
#8 Posted : 1/30/2020 7:19:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am now doing a STB on 400g and see what I get.

I'm convinced the spice is still in my basified solution but for whatever reason I can't get it out. Would adding salt to make it more ionic help? Would Heptane or Hexane work better?

Metta-Morpheus
#9 Posted : 1/30/2020 11:16:02 AM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

I would be careful with your posts. This is the third post in this thread that you mention sourcing. I would change it before you piss off some mods!
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Pharmahuasquero
#10 Posted : 1/30/2020 1:14:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Metta, I sorted it. I had a misunderstanding. I do apologies to all

Pharmahuasquero
#11 Posted : 1/30/2020 1:17:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If anyone from the UK is able to PM to discuss I would appreciate it, thanks

Pharmahuasquero
#12 Posted : 1/31/2020 12:21:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay, so it seems my Azure hydrotreated light naphtha, according to another thread, turns out to be only 10 - 20% naphtha.

I'm thinking this is my problem? Although I've done multiple pulls with it will it only pull so much being so diluted? what's it diluted with?

Last time I extracted I use to use Colemans but in my local camping shop they no longer sell this and when I look online they have added some kind of rust prevention additive to it and has a blackish hue to it so I don't fancy that.

If my naphtha is only 10 to 20% I'm surprised I got what I have now. I'm not a chemist so not really sure of the consequences.

I think I can find n-heptane at 95% but it's a bit pricey.

What do U.K. peeps use to pull their spice?

Nibs
#13 Posted : 2/10/2020 10:19:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Your Non Polar Solvent hardly being made up of naphtha is a big concern. Also, scale down your MHRB to 50-100g batches and go check out Cyb's Salt Tek, or even better his Max Ion Tek. I have done two extractions using those; Salt Tek got me just over 2%, Max Ion gave me about 2.5%

Samouzette
#14 Posted : 2/15/2020 1:23:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can easily get some lab-grade petroleum ether in the UK.
And i'm with nibs, cyb's tek is really accessible and relatively easy to start with.
Look upward and share the wonders i've seen.