We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I have arrived, whatever that means Options

Sadalsuud
#1 Posted : 1/21/2020 7:00:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello! While I've known of this forum for years, finally i have decided to join.

No particular reason for the delay, besides laziness.. and plus I've not yet partook of the "spice" (which I sincerely hope is a reference to Dune). My reasons for turning down several chances are varied, but overall it just seems to be a next-level experience, and I'm a stickler for 'right place, right time'. I feel those two conditions are about met, so here I am. Smile

Now, I'm no spring chicken either. At risk of tootin my horn, I do have plenty of experience in the realms of pretty much every other psychedelic, and have taken the plunge into heroic doses for many of them. Why?
Well, they do my soul good, and being a man that tries to find the silver lining, I typically come back with really useful insight into myself. That's one of the points of being here, is it not?

Of all Ive tried, mushrooms are dear to me; a coming-home of sorts, every time. Ive found that's the general consensus for most that have at least dipped toe into a variety of other teachers. I will say, though, despite my only experience with cactus being a moderately low amount, I was VERY impressed. (Impressed being a really weak word)

I am a happy cactus collector, with a modest collection that suffered winter's uncaring wrath. I can't seem to grow from seed, so any fellow cactus growers, please God help me hahah

Beyond all that, I am a musician. A musician that's let his talent atrophy, but one nonetheless. Bass is boss imho, so that's what I've focused. If anyone can point me to a thread here about music, I'd be grateful. The genre doesn't matter; the heart and soul do. It served as an outlet for depression, and still serves as an outlet for most other heavy mindsets today. It is but one other language to speak with, and I find its lexicon much more fitting to emotional expression than the spoken word.

That's me in a nutshell. Im happy to be here. I hope i can contribute even a fraction of what's available to learn from here, back to the community, and possibly strike up a musical project...
Much love, from me to you etc. Thumbs up

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jees
#2 Posted : 1/21/2020 9:48:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome Smile

Achilles
#3 Posted : 1/21/2020 10:34:12 AM

I is the obstacle.

Welcome sadalsuud... https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=31924 here’s the thread to the music bin .. enjoy
This guys ego ^

Icyseeker
#4 Posted : 1/21/2020 11:47:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome, I think spice in dune was inspired by mushrooms. It is up in the air as to whether people describing dmt as spice was brought on by dune.
May wisdom permeate through your life.

"What is survival if you do not survive whole. Ask the Bene Teilax that. What if you no longer hear the music of life. Memories are not enough unless they call you to noble purpose." God Emperor Leto ii

"The only past which endures lies wordlessly within you." God Emperor Leto ii

Sadalsuud
#5 Posted : 1/22/2020 12:32:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the welcomes, and the music link!

Icyseeker, I had a similar thought with mushrooms being the spice. With "melange" translating to "variety," I always got a good laugh that variety is the spice of life Haha.
What are your thoughts on mushrooms in regards to their origin and implication here on earth?

FranLover
#6 Posted : 1/22/2020 8:45:08 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Welcome Smile

Just plant the seeds in a little container and thats it, now you just have to take care of the container for at least 2 years Smile they grow themselves, but a lot of patience is needed. Have you tried bridgesii? I play guitar. Whats one your favorite bands? Music is really amazing on breakthroughs...like really really amazing. Its more than with other psychedelics were it sounds very beautiful and heavenly, with a dmt breakthrough the music changes, its like...it gets compressed. Very amazing.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence β—‹ Shiva β—‡ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving β™‘See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.β™‘
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Sadalsuud
#7 Posted : 1/22/2020 12:35:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh I've tried the takeaway tek, I've tried containers in an aquarium with air exchange, I've tried even just leaving them outside in 80% shade.. i can get them to pop but they typically stall around 3 4cm. Bridgesii is king, so that's mostly what I try to grow. I don't know why my seed game is so weak!! Thee only luck I've had is with ikaros DNA seeds, they're doing fairly well, but that's a handful of dozens out of hundreds lol.

Favorite band.... hard to say, really. Im pretty stuck in the prog metal hole, so I'll just drop The Contortionist and Tesseract here and see what you say haha.

What about you? What's your muse for playing vs listening, and do you have a preference for your blast off soundtrack?

CosmicGigglez
#8 Posted : 1/22/2020 8:07:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

FranLover wrote:
Welcome Smile

Just plant the seeds in a little container and thats it, now you just have to take care of the container for at least 2 years Smile they grow themselves, but a lot of patience is needed. Have you tried bridgesii? I play guitar. Whats one your favorite bands? Music is really amazing on breakthroughs...like really really amazing. Its more than with other psychedelics were it sounds very beautiful and heavenly, with a dmt breakthrough the music changes, its like...it gets compressed. Very amazing.

It's true, it seemed to have taken on an angelic "compressed" quality! compressed is a great way to put it, love ya btw fran!

FranLover
#9 Posted : 1/24/2020 7:13:53 AM

Sadalsuud wrote:
what about you? What's your muse for playing vs listening, and do you have a preference for your blast off soundtrack?

I like to play the blues/gospel on guitar more than anything nowadays. Its very hypnotic. My favorite bands are The Beatles and the Grateful Dead. And my main preference for blasting off are songs known as Jazz Standards or The Great American Songs. My signature below is an example. What about you?
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence β—‹ Shiva β—‡ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving β™‘See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.β™‘
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

FranLover
#10 Posted : 1/24/2020 7:26:18 AM

Quote:
It's true, it seemed to have taken on an angelic "compressed" quality! compressed is a great way to put it, love ya btw fran!

Angelically compressed is about right. Heaven's choir? *_* love ya too CosmicGigglez. I also love getting the cosmic giggles :B

Sadalsuud
#11 Posted : 1/24/2020 9:05:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

FranLover wrote:
Sadalsuud wrote:
what about you? What's your muse for playing vs listening, and do you have a preference for your blast off soundtrack?

I like to play the blues/gospel on guitar more than anything nowadays. Its very hypnotic. My favorite bands are The Beatles and the Grateful Dead. And my main preference for blasting off are songs known as Jazz Standards or The Great American Songs. My signature below is an example. What about you?

There is some quality to blues and gospel shared. They touch some part of the soul so pointedly, in yet such a tangential way. Hypnotic is a good descriptor.

The Dead is truly timeless, isn't it? Once upon a time, getting tired from a walk in the cold with mescaline, I went to a friend's house and he put on the song "uncle John's band." It was exactly what i needed to hear. The dead are good for that; that very same friend's life was saved thanks to a song of theirs.. forever grateful Smile

Any Jazz worth mentioning is good music for the occasion I would imagine hah

I typically gravitate towards Eastern-esque on any instrument, though blues on a guitar is divine af.

I recommend listening to Tesseract with our fair lady Lucy, and Contortionist (from Language onward) does the same magic with mushrooms. A safe fallback for anything seems to be Beatles or Grateful Dead, however. They just do what they do so well.

FranLover
#12 Posted : 1/26/2020 3:18:53 PM

Yeah the dead is timeless. The dead is the most DMT inspired band I know of. Songs like Tennessee Jed capture dmt's absurdist motifs.

Its pretty hard for me to dig prog metal Very happy The furthest I've gone with things like that are things like this

...listening to this stuff makes me feel like a teenager again. Btw you upload youtube videos like that by going to the [BB/]tab above

Sadalsuud
#13 Posted : 1/26/2020 4:51:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh man, I used to listen to Fall of Troy in 8th grade hah, what a damn throwback

Definitely not my bag nowadays though hahah. The other band, Emarosa, kindof reminds me of a mix between PIANO and Karnivool however, not too bad..

So, firstly, here's one of 2 PIANO songs I like.
"Genesis is shared in the sketches we draft to map our hearts. Genesis is shared in the timbers we lay to keep our faith embraced."

Here's some Tesseract... Their entire Altered State album is incredible, from sound production quality to the content of the lyrics. Pairs very well with lucy, VERY well. As a friend described, "it's the sound of a rubik's cube solving itself." But this particular song "Cages" was playing when I watched the gridworks of the world pop up in front of me at a lake and I proceeded to jive that shit all around. Truly magical moment. I DO disappear, you're right.

A benchmark song for me, put this on for people that are puddled and watch them drop jaw. Good bass is important. Literally you can pop-lock it to this shit xD

^^^Their newest album, Sonder, is very different, but magical nonetheless. Their very first album, One, is rougher in production, but I'm certain it is the story of a person coming to terms with their moment of passing.

And now The Contortionist. A fully metal band that saw the light. I'm telling you, progressive metal is doing some beautiful things nowadays. Smile
Their album "Language" is a masterpiece. This is a reworked version of theirs, much softer, and if you look into the story behind it, very sad.
"all you know versus all you don't"

Again, very sad song. sorry :L

Last Chance To Reason, same vocalist as Contortionist. This is probably the only album that I can't help but start headbanging to, like a complete idiot at that.

So I'll stop there. My interests go beyond progmetal, but at risk of making this post any longer and scaring people away from listening to any of them, I'll stop haha.

OH, and thank you to whoever voted in my membership! I greatly appreciate it Smile

FranLover
#14 Posted : 1/27/2020 9:53:52 AM

Sadalsuud wrote:
As a friend described, "it's the sound of a rubik's cube solving itself." But this particular song "Cages" was playing when I watched the gridworks of the world pop up in front of me at a lake and I proceeded to jive that shit all around. Truly magical moment. I DO disappear, you're right.

Nice Big grin

Cool songs. I liked the Last Chance to Reason song most. Nice voice on that man Thumbs up

Do you have any favorite classical music? Smile

Sadalsuud
#15 Posted : 1/27/2020 10:13:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

With Tesseract, trust me: take a good dose and you'll see what I mean by "magical"

Ah classical... Tchaikovsky is probably my favorite of the classic..uh, classical composers Surprised

But, there's other things.

What about you?

dragonrider
#16 Posted : 1/27/2020 2:13:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing this music. Never heard of most of them.

Sadalsuud
#17 Posted : 1/28/2020 6:14:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hopefully you enjoyed a bit of it!

FranLover
#18 Posted : 1/30/2020 5:47:05 AM

Sadalsuud
#19 Posted : 1/30/2020 10:25:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Outstanding.

Of all instruments, piano seems the simplest laid out, but is ridiculously hard for me. Throw in the pedals of an organ, and you must be mad to play anything close to that..

Between piano/organ, and violin, I'm not sure which range I enjoy more, but still bass is boss Very happy