We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Introducing Myself Options

Spirochete
#1 Posted : 1/27/2020 4:36:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone. I am a relatively new traveler having only done a single ayahuasca (vine only) session at a church in Florida. One of the other participants there told me about this site, he said his friend started this site or something like that. It looks like a high-quality forum so I decided to join. Although I love ayahuasca, I have recently been attempting using san pedro because it's easier to source and easier to get down. I have drunken it 3 or 4 times now and am still looking for a supplier/preparation combo that works.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Sadalsuud
#2 Posted : 1/27/2020 5:28:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome! I suggest you start growing San pedro. It is very forgiving, and very rewarding. There are a number of very helpful groups on the bookface for trichocereus cultivation.

Which church in Florida did you go to?

Spirochete
#3 Posted : 1/27/2020 11:20:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks,

I went to probably the only one in Florida, which is called Soul Quest. It's really well run I have to say. Unfortunately, I live in a cold state and I think it would die in the winter.

Sadalsuud
#4 Posted : 1/28/2020 12:10:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Really? Im glad to hear you had a good time there..

Well, you can grow them in cold climates, though the challenges are steeper. The big question is how much sunlight you get, and how wet your winters are.
High humidity + cold is what outright kills them. You can grow them inside with a 300w HPS lamp, a modest dozen or so would be happy enough with just that light.
I would recommend you look into it! Growing cactus is therapeutic for everyone i know who does it. It takes patience though, if you're wanting to grow to eat. As you go along though, that becomes less the focus and more a nice bonus Smile