We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1920212223NEXT»
The direct e-mesh thread. Options

some one
#401 Posted : 12/24/2019 12:39:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Agreed about saving the discussion for outside this topic. Just this though..

One thing is using some alcohol to enhance the ride if you find that a fun way to tweak the experience from time to time. Personally not my preference, but lucky nature makes everyone different, or this existence would be painfully boring. Another thing is getting wrecked, loading +/-100mg without scale on one of the most efficient DMT vapes and by sheer luck spilling more than half without noticing. And then continuing to vape when wasted on numerous occasions. To each his own indeed, but this is not the best way to get the most out of DMT imho.

If people post online about smoking DMT while too drunk to properly use their vaping apparatus asking advise why they can't break through, I will share my opinion that there are better set and settings and that being drunk probably contributes more to not breaking through than loading 35mg in a super efficient e-mesh. Just answering questions with my opinion to help out.

Happy holidays to you all

Prop I like your themed avatar lol
some = one | here = some | there = one

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

mattw1994
#402 Posted : 12/26/2019 11:15:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have had some of my best breakthroughs with low amount of alcohol and works to kill off the preflight anxiety but I can agree high doses of alcohol is generally not a good combo and takes away from the experience. Yea The one with 33 I was only slightly tipsy but I think that time I didn’t inhale for the full 15 seconds and I also didn’t get most of it in. The time when I loaded a lot it was just an estimation so Probly not 100 mg. I just did not have a scale and when I was using the small vandy vape reel it was really hard to load it sober or not. I do think it is important to make sure u have the faint glow in the dark to get the most out of the device. Does not matter what temperature it’s on. All u need is temperature controlled to that and high enough wattage

sbios
#403 Posted : 12/27/2019 1:20:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

* My half-success in using motar quartz atomizer.

A while back I had the curiosity to try the motar quartz atomizer because the seemingly easy loading. Thought I will give it a quick feedback on this as it doesn't seem to be with many reviews, for a reason I supposeSmile So I decided to load up approx 45mg into the glass bucket. The vape mod is a 40W TC istick from eleaf fully charged. There was an issue somehow even when I set the TC temperature, the mod will switch to wattage in a few seconds to heat up. The mod has automatic stoppage to prevent overheating, which is kind of annoying but tolerable that I just have to remember release & press as it goes.

So I decided to just go for it anyway since everything is prepared. I hit the mod and start heating up, though while noticeable the heating rate is a lot slower than I anticipated. While I hold the air vent at the top I can see smoke filling up, and after approximate 8 seconds I took the first inhale, which I noticed to be considerably low amount. I continued the pressing/releasing in hope to get more vapor within shorter time frame, but after several attempts I've only seen faint geometric patterns and barely gone through the other side. Afterwards, I noticed a lot of vapor stick to the interior glass as well as the incomplete burnt tars around the motar basin in the bottom.

IMO, this is an inferior setup for spice even compare to yocan and definitely less than titanium bucket & mesh, but probably great for some other stuffs.
sbios attached the following image(s):
IMG_9526_B.JPG (195kb) downloaded 507 time(s).
IMG_9712_B.JPG (89kb) downloaded 507 time(s).

some one
#404 Posted : 12/28/2019 4:33:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the explanation mattw and thanks for sharing results sbios. Always good to know what works and what doesn't and the only way is experimentation Thumbs up
some = one | here = some | there = one

mattw1994
#405 Posted : 1/25/2020 9:08:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

RDA might be broken. After I put on top cap it switches coil ohms dramatically and the temperature goes way off. Tested this mul multiple times. I had a faint glow in dark then put top cap on and its completely bright red glow in light room. Been using the fitted mesh. Be careful that your mesh is not changing temp dramatically after putting top cap on cause i have been setting up friends to do it and its burned it badly one time and another time after i put on top cap it was not close to hot enough. I don't think this is normal. Anyone else have this experience?

Propello
#406 Posted : 1/25/2020 12:18:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mattw1994 wrote:
RDA might be broken. After I put on top cap it switches coil ohms dramatically and the temperature goes way off. Tested this multiple times. I had a faint glow in dark then put top cap on and its completely bright red glow in light room. Been using the fixed mesh. Be careful that your mesh is not changing temp dramatically after putting top cap on cause i have been setting up friends to do it and its burned it badly one time and another time after i put on top cap it was not close to hot enough. I don't think this is normal. Anyone else have this experience?

Yes I have had a similar issue, and the reason was that the mesh was in contact with the top cap. Make sure that the mesh don't touch anything except the post holes.

Blessings

JPE
#407 Posted : 1/25/2020 8:16:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This is a x-post from another thread but it seems more appropriate here from what I've been reading.

SWIM is looking at vaping their spice with a Voopoo Drag 2.

They have a 70:30 VG/PG flavourless base.

THey want to know what the correct ratios of spice/e-juice would be for a first time.

They are using a uforce tank with n3 coils.

mattw1994
#408 Posted : 1/25/2020 10:10:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Propello wrote:
mattw1994 wrote:
RDA might be broken. After I put on top cap it switches coil ohms dramatically and the temperature goes way off. Tested this multiple times. I had a faint glow in dark then put top cap on and its completely bright red glow in light room. Been using the fixed mesh. Be careful that your mesh is not changing temp dramatically after putting top cap on cause i have been setting up friends to do it and its burned it badly one time and another time after i put on top cap it was not close to hot enough. I don't think this is normal. Anyone else have this experience?

Yes I have had a similar issue, and the reason was that the mesh was in contact with the top cap. Make sure that the mesh don't touch anything except the post holes.

Blessings

Yea it seems really finicky on my mesh. Before I would need an insane amount of pressure to put the cap on but I took off the black rubber gasket and it helped a little. Propello what did u decide was better over the yocan vs your sai. And what settings worked for your sai?

Propello
#409 Posted : 1/26/2020 1:05:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

JPE wrote:
This is a x-post from another thread but it seems more appropriate here from what I've been reading.

SWIM is looking at vaping their spice with a Voopoo Drag 2.

They have a 70:30 VG/PG flavourless base.

THey want to know what the correct ratios of spice/e-juice would be for a first time.

They are using a uforce tank with n3 coils.

Hi jpe. Welcome to the society. There are several e-cig threads on the nexus where you can read up and ask questions. This is a good start https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=75612

Your question is a bit off topic in this thread.

Safe travels mate.

Propello
#410 Posted : 1/26/2020 1:15:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Matt
The yocan is rubbish IMHO. The sai is better but not perfect. Very long ramp up time to get the bucket hot.

5tarDust wrote:
Propello wrote:

Any tips and tricks for the optimal use of the Top AirFlow Sai are most welcome.

My current setup for the Sai TAF titanium bucket:

- 240 TCR
- 200c
- 25W

This is based on a lot of googling and forum reading.
Most people seemed to agree on these parameters:

- 190-240 TCR. Several people mentioned that the Ni setting runs a little hot on the Sai TAF and they've opted to use TCR instead. I can confirm that when I switched to Ni, leaving everything else the same, there were black marks left in the bucket, indicating that the spice was burnt.
With the 240 TCR it vaporises clean, leaving no residue behind.

- 160-215c

- 20-30w

- Lock the resistance at room temp, whatever yours is. Mine is .67, but it varies with the individual Sai.

My technique: Preheat to 140c, then inhale very slowly for 10-20 seconds, while pulsing a couple times to keep the mod from timing out. Then I hold it for as long as possible.
I leave the vent holes completely open.

mattw1994
#411 Posted : 1/26/2020 8:35:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So do you have to switch the temperature after you preheat and take that first hit from 140 and switch to 200 after that first hit. That would seem tough if I am understanding that right. And generally does 2 hits work for you most times. Also I have definitely had success with the yocan and my friends have too. Is the reason why u think it is rubbish is because u might have to take more than 2 hits to breakthrough. Also I think I have found if u avoid loading in the middle and load it on the donut part and preload it slowly so it won’t clog and melt it a little at a timeI think it can be fairly effective. just want to avoid the emesh for now cause it is too finicky and any little touch against my mesh can screw the whole experience up.

Propello
#412 Posted : 1/26/2020 11:18:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The sai is more effective than the yocan. 30-35mg will do. It is also very practical to put the cup on the scale and load and weigh at the same time. You don't have to change coils, and the bucket is easy to clean.

I have a friend who is also happy with the yocan, but he loads 45-50mg for bt.

Preheat at 140 and turn up the temperature to 200 and hit. 2 hits should empty the bucket.

Consider trying the fitted mesh instead, makes it so much easier to load without spilling.

Jega
#413 Posted : 1/26/2020 6:59:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Propello,

Is it easy to get the whole hit in with the Sai? Do you find it smooth?

Trying to figure out if it's worth the effort of going direct mesh.

Cheers

zikzak
#414 Posted : 1/26/2020 9:15:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jega wrote:
Hey Propello,

Is it easy to get the whole hit in with the Sai? Do you find it smooth?

Trying to figure out if it's worth the effort of going direct mesh.

Cheers

If not going direct mesh I'd look into the DT V4 (with titanium cup) instead of the Sai. I have both but haven't used neither of them for DMT. However it's clear to me that the DT V4 is better than the Sai.

Jega
#415 Posted : 1/27/2020 12:58:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks zikzak, but I actually have the Sai, so unlikely to shell out for DTV4 even if it's better. Don't have any spice to try it out yet.

DMTeapot
#416 Posted : 1/31/2020 2:44:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Using the Vandy Vape Mesh v2 with the SS316L mesh that comes with it, Aegis Solo, Sony VTC4 batteries. I had it set for TCR-SS, 200 Celsius, WAT 16, resistance locked at .18, and it burnt badly. Any ideas where I'm going wrong? Is the mesh that comes with the RDA unsuitable for this, or am I set up wrong? Sad

Propello
#417 Posted : 1/31/2020 9:57:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTeapot wrote:
Using the Vandy Vape Mesh v2 with the SS316L mesh that comes with it, Aegis Solo, Sony VTC4 batteries. I had it set for TCR-SS, 200 Celsius, WAT 16, resistance locked at .18, and it burnt badly. Any ideas where I'm going wrong? Is the mesh that comes with the RDA unsuitable for this, or am I set up wrong? Sad

Hi teapot, congrats with the good choice of gear. First of all, order some ss mesh sheet, as the included mesh is far from optimal for our purpose. They are only 17mm long. The only one suitable, is the ss316 coil, see image.

While you are waiting for the SS mesh you just ordered, mount the included ss sheet on the rda if you haven't already. In order to find the right settings, click my signature link, and read pt. 3. Work your way through the 11 steps. Let us know how it works out for you.

Blessings

TheGho$t
#418 Posted : 2/1/2020 7:45:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is anyone using the VV mesh v2 for the RDA? It seems to me with the 4cm VV mesh wire I am unable to put the top cap on without it hitting the mesh. The build deck seems larger in the pictures I have seen. I am totally green with vaping so forgive my lack of knowledge. I can imagine an extension of some sort to lengthen the space between the mesh and the cap would be in order, but how do I go about doing this? I saw the glass tube which seemed like it would work, but I am unsure if the dimensions of the wotofo profile used by the poster correspond to the vv mesh v2. It seems I get the setup correct until the point of placing the cap on, then it is pretty much a waste. Are there extensions for the vv? I haven't been able to produce any with a search. Any direction would be helpful. This is a lengthy thread as well, so I may have missed a post or just been so glazed over I didn't quite understand. lol. Thank you for all the info you've already given. I am ever hopefully it will finally click in place for me.

Propello
#419 Posted : 2/2/2020 11:28:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi ghost! It is a nice setup you got there, we will help you out with the configuration.

I suppose you use the vv ss316 150 mesh roll. The 4 cm is just an estimate, but should work fine with the v2 as well. So to the work:

1. Click on my signature link, and read up and follow pt 2. You need to form the mesh so the flat top area is as wide as possible, but without it touching the top cap, bottom, or any other part of the rda except the post holes.

2. If the top area is touching the cap, you need to reform the mesh. Longer legs and more narrow on top, until the mesh are clear of the cap.

Do some experiments with the above method, and if you still can't get it to work, please provide some pics and we will take it from there.

Good luck, and let us know how it works out for you

Blessings

TheGho$t
#420 Posted : 2/2/2020 1:37:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the reply Propello. Yes, I'm using the vv316 150 mesh role. Also the mod box is the aegis solo, so I'm trying to follow your exact procedure. I'll keep working with the mesh form and we'll go from there. I'll definitely keep you posted. Smile

«PREV1920212223NEXT»