We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
What's the current "best" choice for growing your own ethnogens? Options

Northerner
#21 Posted : 12/19/2019 2:59:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you have a garden there's also a choice to grow everything. I have half a dozen types of psychotrias, several different caapi, multitudes of cactus and many DMTrees, some of which are now approaching 4m tall. Mushies grow great in the undergrowth when spawned straight from jars too. Many other medicinal and interesting plants as well.

Choose everything, then when you feel you are ready to take on the different plant spirits they are there waiting to court you.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Grey Fox
#22 Posted : 12/19/2019 4:06:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OG Old Guy wrote:

Hi Grey, BTW, I read your trip report and honestly found it a wee bit intimidating,,, I don't know that I;m quite ready for that level of experience quite yet.

I really can't imagine going for 12 or 14 hours. I have a hard enough time finding 4 good hours for a shroom experience. Ironically, I think the main drawback (for me at least,) is the short duration of the shroom experience. I have had really good luck with redosing to prolong the experience. I;ve found that by doubling the dose even 90 minutes or so, i can stretch it out for a good 6+ hours. I'd really recommend preweighing all the re-doses BEFORE you start your journey as the math can be a bit confusing during the experience.Confused I've had good luck with orange juice and mushroom smoothies and also with an alcohol concentrate.
For example start with a 3 G dose, then the next dose is about 7 grams and then the 3rd dose would be 14 grams - but like I said, that's MUCH easier with a concentrated alcohol concentrate. I used Everclear 190 proof and the did a low temp reduction and aim for 1 ML of solution = I grams of dried just to keep the math simple. That's MUCH easier than eating a full ounce of dried shrooms! (tea should also work well, but I haven't tried that yet- last time I made tea with a small dose and then ate some dried material 90 minutes later and was very pleased with how it went.Big grin

With the cactus, I'm tempted to follow Shulgin's advice, and start with a very low dose that doesn't produce any dramatic effects, and then working up from there. So I'm not sure if it would be better to make a tea and keep it in the fridge between doses, or making some dried skin/chips and then adjusting the dose as I go.
Can you tell me if the dosage has any relation to the duration of the effects?? I really can't fathom what to do for 10-14 hours.
And than you so much for sharing your wisdom and experience. Thumbs up

Ever tried it in an Instant Pot?

I too found the short duration of mushrooms to be a drawback. But I never considered redosing. It sounds like you have a good method for redosing to keep the mushroom trip going. Too bad that the redoses require so much mushroom material to be effective. But if you have enough mushrooms then I guess it doesnt really matter.

Yes cactus trips are quite long in comparison. I think that there is an element of individuality, where these substances affect everyone a little differently. So I can only speak from my experience. But for me there is a significant correlation between dosage and duration with San Pedro. A low dose can last 8 to 10 hours. A medium dose can be 10 to 14 hours. A high dose can be 14 to 18 hours. A really high dose can go 18 to 24 hours.

When I say that a trip can last for 24 hours it doesnt mean that all 24 of those hours are intense tripping. Its more like the trip lasts for 24 hours, but 12 of those hours (the first half) are really intense.

But I wouldnt recommend that you start with a huge dose. I've only gone very high with the dose a few times. And honestly, I have no desire to do that again anytime soon. The bodyload becomes too extreme at the really high doses.

I would recommend that you start out by making one big batch of tea. Use a lot of cactus (maybe 4 feet) from the cactus you have that you are most confident will be potent. Bridgesii are potent. So are Scopulicola and most Pachanois that have a similar look to Scopulicola. Make a big batch of tea, and then break it up into smaller doses by pouring the tea off into empty water bottles. Divide the tea into 8 equal portions. Then you can drink one of those bottles as your first dose, and the rest can go into the freezer for storage. That way you will have the ability to up the dose in a consistent manner for future trips.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Sadalsuud
#23 Posted : 1/25/2020 8:23:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Coming from a perspective void of DMT experience, from a man who appreciates the "teacher" in these plants... hands down start growing cactus.

The trichocereus are not desert cactus. They grow up in the Andes mostly, and overall are used to spotted rain, so the fear of overwatering them is minimal. Ive literally had cuttings sit on a shelf for several months, throw them in some dirt and they root just fine. They are very forgiving so, even if you have a tendency to neglect your plants, cactus will survive. Just don't let them stay wet in freezing temps! And if they're being moved to an area with more intense sunlight, ween them in like any other.

Above and beyond even mushrooms (and i adore mushrooms), San pedro is an amazing teacher. Someone mentioned that mescaline has a curious effect of continuing its work long after the trip; i can verify this as very true.
There is good reason why a highly patriarchal society named cactus the father, guardian of the gates of heaven ❤

Just be warned!! Cactus growing is extremely addictive! You'll revel at every new pup you see popping out. It is wonderful. There is much information on maximizing your effectiveness in ensuring they prosper. Bridgesii is king 😉😉

Does anyone have insight in potential dilution of alkaloid content when, for instance, a peyote is grafted to a PC? Is the resulting bulk of growth essentially watered down, and would aging/darking the cut compensate for this loss?

Gondwanaland
#24 Posted : 3/24/2020 11:01:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cacti are obviously a good choice. If you are concerned about inadvertently growing ornamentals, just hedge your bets. Get a couple of cuts of a known clone -not necessarily one of the hyped, overpriced ones- and pot them up, then have fun with growing batches of seed. If none of the seed turns out desireable, you still have your proven clones, and you've probably had fun with the seed batches. I'd recommend for the clones something like Eileen, Psycho0, or Yowie. Get it from someone reliable, and you can't go wrong.

You might also think about growing a vine. Caapi can be used on its own, in varying amounts, is easy to look after, and a pleasant plant to have around. It can be functional or ornamental, easily trimmed to the size you desire, trained to grow on various frames etc.

Anonymous2
#25 Posted : 3/24/2020 7:18:09 PM
The more you know

Got Nexus, DW02, DW08, DW10, and a few types of cactus seeds from Herbalitics. Since it was two international orders, I received leaves.

All the Nexus leaves developed roots, and except for two leaves, they grew plants too already.

I see no plants in the DW02 box, but all the leaves have roots.

The DW10 seems super vital. I saw tiny roots on a leaf a few days after I planted it. Also, I love the color of the DW10’s leaves. It’s dark poison green. I’m so excited about the experience I already bought them large containers to grow even though it will take a few months before I can move them from the rooting boxes. Also, I will feel strange to cut their leaves. I will discuss it with the plants.

If you live in the EU, it’s easy to get San Pedro plants. I have 30 babies in 8 pots. In certain countries they are legal.

Mushrooms are essential. They are fun not only to eat but watch them grow. They are aliens. MAOI works well. If you can take MAOI at any time, mushrooms are far the most economical choice. (That might be true even without MAOI). Unfortunately, I have to choose between MAOI and my ADD meds. That’s one of the reasons I moved from pharma to mushrooms.

I didn’t try to redose mushrooms. If I would, I would do it with MAOI. What I tried was eating a mushroom in the middle of a pharma trip. What should I say? Will do it again.

The next purchase will be Salvia. I have its extract. Considering how the trips are, the extract may last for years. Unlike mushrooms, I don’t do it every second day. Not even every second month. However, I want to help preserve the plant. It’s crazy she got banned. Moreover, unlike regarding the mushrooms and ayahuasca, I didn’t hear that anyone is fighting for the legalization of the Salvia. I suggest everyone who can get the plant alive, keep and protect her at home.

Salvia is the least recreational plant I tried but she is unique. She isn’t even close to anything else.

Daturas
#26 Posted : 3/24/2020 9:46:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lophophora Williamsii pups from seed just peeping out in time for spring season. Such cute little guys!

I would suggest starting with cacti also, very rewarding to grow and very hearty lifeforms!

-D.
Daturas attached the following image(s):
20200324_173523.jpg (2,982kb) downloaded 111 time(s).
If you created me, who created you? ∞

FranLover
#27 Posted : 3/25/2020 11:59:29 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Mushrooms. But all you really need in life is one good dose, one effective dose, a clear experience, a sharp experience of DMT. And all that takes is one or two extractions.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Metta-Morpheus
#28 Posted : 3/26/2020 12:05:30 AM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

🍄🍄🍄

“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Anonymous2
#29 Posted : 3/26/2020 9:25:54 AM
The more you know

FranLover wrote:
Mushrooms. But all you really need in life is one good dose, one effective dose, a clear experience, a sharp experience of DMT. And all that takes is one or two extractions.

Do you mean, once in a life?

I still don’t know how much I forgot about my hyper experiences. I think it’s above 90%.

Jees
#30 Posted : 3/26/2020 12:23:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"You only need one" is a shackle house of cards (as are generalizations).

The talk isn't walked, not even for an inch,
I dare the ones selling it Pleased

Anonymous2
#31 Posted : 3/26/2020 12:57:05 PM
The more you know

Jees wrote:
"You only need one" is a shackle house of cards (as are generalizations).

Thank you. I should learn more English expressions and words.

Anyway, I don't mind if it’s shackle, as long as it’s without Kevin Spacey.

Anonymous2
#32 Posted : 3/26/2020 12:58:28 PM
The more you know

Or a modern guru could tell his student:

"YOLO!"
"Oh. That was unexpected. What do you mean, master?"
"I mean you are eternal."

Jees
#33 Posted : 3/26/2020 1:36:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The lesson English is for me I guess Embarrased
I meant:
"You only need one" is a ramshackle house of cards (as are generalizations).

Still without Kevin Spacey Big grin . Are we off topic? Soryyyy Pleased

Anonymous2
#34 Posted : 3/26/2020 1:53:20 PM
The more you know

Jees wrote:
The lesson English is for me I guess Embarrased
I meant:
"You only need one" is a ramshackle house of cards (as are generalizations).

Still without Kevin Spacey Big grin . Are we off topic? Soryyyy Pleased

I haven’t seen a single episode of it. I’m more into the Expansion.

The latter isn’t offtopic. A lot of movies and series have hidden information in them.

Jees
#35 Posted : 3/26/2020 2:16:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Funny this is, I wasn't even pointing at the House-Of-Cards series.
I find generalizations (i.e. "you only need one experience" and no more) constructs like card houses, impressive but ramshackle and collapsing under the slightest of test.

Now we're off topic Shocked

Anonymous2
#36 Posted : 3/26/2020 2:33:13 PM
The more you know

Jees wrote:
Funny this is, I wasn't even pointing at the House-Of-Cards series.
I find generalizations (i.e. "you only need one experience" and no more) constructs like card houses, impressive but ramshackle and collapsing under the slightest of test.
Now we're off topic Shocked

I agree in general. (Is it a generalization?)

But I like her posts.

I thought it could mean something like "at least one, take a heroic dose".

Metta-Morpheus
#37 Posted : 3/26/2020 4:15:00 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

I only needed one...

to see I needed many more!
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Anonymous2
#38 Posted : 3/26/2020 6:32:30 PM
The more you know

Metta-Morpheus wrote:
I only needed one...

to see I needed many more!

👏🏽🍄🌿🦑

Trevor James
#39 Posted : 3/28/2020 12:52:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Vorbis wrote:
If you are looking for an entheogen that can be easily grown at home then don’t overlook the humble mushroom. Psilocybe cubensis is surprisingly simple to cultivate and is a reliable source of tryptamine goodness Thumbs up

I do like the idea of extracting from homegrown psychotria though...Good luck if you decide to go for it!

Humble. I like that. And I know I should be humble growing them at home as I find myself getting ready to do.

I can see how a lack of humility could put me in danger growing them here lol.

Heck a lack of humility has sent me to the hospital on multiple occasions eating mushrooms.

Thanks for that. Constant work to cultivate humility here.

Northerner wrote:
If you have a garden there's also a choice to grow everything. I have half a dozen types of psychotrias, several different caapi, multitudes of cactus and many DMTrees, some of which are now approaching 4m tall. Mushies grow great in the undergrowth when spawned straight from jars too. Many other medicinal and interesting plants as well.

Choose everything, then when you feel you are ready to take on the different plant spirits they are there waiting to court you.

That is wonderful.

PREV12