We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Has anyone heard of "natural" joints/blunts? Options

goddywoddy
#1 Posted : 5/23/2012 1:59:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was thinking about how traditional natives smoked. I was looking into it and I read about how natives would roll various herbs/plant material in dried banana leaves and smoke it. Has anyone else heard of other plants leaves/bark that has been used by natives as rolling paper? They obviously did not have access to rolling papers that we do today. If so, i think that smoking out of something more "tradition" would improve the spiritual experience as everything you smoke is a direct product of nature. Just a thought....feel free to comment!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

lyserge
#2 Posted : 5/23/2012 8:30:41 AM

polyfather anomalous

grape leaves or tobacco leaves
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

lyserge
#3 Posted : 5/25/2012 5:27:39 PM

polyfather anomalous

Also, I imagine they would have preferred pipes (stone-heated for vaporization to reduce smoke), perhaps water-filtered. I've seen grape leaves used for tobacco cigars by Indian-descended farmers in regions, though I'm not sure if that's an ancient or recent mechanism. I find frenzied naked dancing with snakes under a full moon in the season of Shiva can improve the spiritual experience as well; or simple improvisation.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

۩
#4 Posted : 5/25/2012 5:35:08 PM

You can make a paper out of fresh cannabis leaves and then dry it out a bit and cut this up and roll some cannabis cigars, then wrap them up before they dry out too much.

Elements makes a good rice paper rolling paper using wind power in Spain, too.

lyserge
#5 Posted : 5/25/2012 5:43:23 PM

polyfather anomalous

^^^I second the elements. I think sadhus in India use the stone chillum style, slow heated for good combustion/vaporization ratio, though maybe someone knows better. I'm also told some sadhus sit so long in meditation that grass literally grows out of their body, but that's irrelevant to this thread.

Moondance
#6 Posted : 5/31/2012 1:40:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe in Colorado they call them magars
*Look for a while at the China Cat Sunflower, proud-walking jingle in the midnight sun, Copper-dome bodhi drip a silver kimono like a crazy-quilt star gown, through a dream night wind*

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 1/21/2020 8:39:48 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

In the past I've used dead, dried out nettle stems to make 'natural blunts', after the nettles have lost their leaves and green colour in the winter. Basically, they're little combustible pipes and have a pretty neutral flavour. Choose the ones without black mould, of course.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Egzoset
#8 Posted : 1/22/2020 6:38:58 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations,

Personally i'd search for hot rock beds used in shamanic rituals.

Good day, have fun!!

null24
#9 Posted : 1/22/2020 10:29:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

You're talking about weed? Natives as in primitive tribal cultures or ???There aren't a lot of natives left her in the cities (thank you California), and I'm only a local, but a thing here in Oregon is making 'cigars' with shade leaves. Some dispenses carry them, but they are quite hefty in price.

(I know that's probably not what you meant, but hey, traditionally Afghanis and Chinese used water pipes, and even longer ago Scythians burned it in braziers under hides in the Levant but...)
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Egzoset
#10 Posted : 1/23/2020 8:10:47 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations Null24,

null24 wrote:
You're talking about weed?

Well i vaguely recall reading about some aboriginal consumption method based on a hot rock bed used in contained space. It would most certainly work fine for cannabis, which after all didn't cost 10 $/g + tax back then...

null24 wrote:
...'cigars' with shade leaves... ...water pipes... ...Scythians burned it in braziers under hides...

The later scenario seems more similar but given the choice i'd have prefered just to avoid combustion if possible, perhaps shamans could appeciate the difference too, despite living in a wild environment.

This whole subject sure would make a nice documentary now that "legal" pot is spreading!

Good day, have fun!! Cool