We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Are Ultrasonic baths effective enough to lyse RB cells, or is a powerful probe required? Options

chopson
#1 Posted : 1/17/2020 5:23:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've been looking into the branson models previously recommended by benzyme in other threads and the title question comes to mind.

Would a model such as the Branson 1510 bath or newer, M 1800(.5gal baths) work well?
personally I also wondered if the b200 would lyse cells, but later read that it doesnt accomplish that if anyone can dispute this figure.

I am hopeful that an affordable sonicator with more time and maybe a cooldown mid process would achieve the same result. maybe under-filling the reservoir could lead to more effective cell disruption.

in the meantime looking forward to trying my pressure cooker soon to lyse cells Very happy

first time posting Love

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 1/21/2020 11:13:43 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...;t=92737&find=unread

Same question, a day or so earlier.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Mister Sunday
#3 Posted : 1/22/2020 11:17:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I believe to get the result you're looking for, you need a sonicator/homogenizer.

chopson
#4 Posted : 1/23/2020 3:27:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

oof, hadn't performed a search recently enough it seems. Although, on the website for branson models it says that all the baths can be used for cell separation, if that's different than lysis. i'm unsure.

This doesnt apply to the b200 jewely cleaner. But, it should apply to the old series, the 1510 0.5 gal.