CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Are Ultrasonic baths effective enough to lyse RB cells, or is a powerful probe required? Options

chopson
#1 Posted : 1/17/2020 5:23:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've been looking into the branson models previously recommended by benzyme in other threads and the title question comes to mind.

Would a model such as the Branson 1510 bath or newer, M 1800(.5gal baths) work well?
personally I also wondered if the b200 would lyse cells, but later read that it doesnt accomplish that if anyone can dispute this figure.

I am hopeful that an affordable sonicator with more time and maybe a cooldown mid process would achieve the same result. maybe under-filling the reservoir could lead to more effective cell disruption.

in the meantime looking forward to trying my pressure cooker soon to lyse cells Very happy

first time posting Love

Psychedelic news, articles, interviews and art from the DMT-Nexus and other sources.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 1/21/2020 11:13:43 PM

Comical egg spurt; Senile mumbler

Chemical expertSenior Member

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...t=92737&find=unread

Same question, a day or so earlier.
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege et labora

“To be GOVERNED is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. To be GOVERNED is to be at every operation, at every transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be place under contribution, drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolized, extorted from, squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, vilified, harassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed, disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonored. That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality."
― Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

Mister Sunday
#3 Posted : 1/22/2020 11:17:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I believe to get the result you're looking for, you need a sonicator/homogenizer.

chopson
#4 Posted : 1/23/2020 3:27:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

oof, hadn't performed a search recently enough it seems. Although, on the website for branson models it says that all the baths can be used for cell separation, if that's different than lysis. i'm unsure.

This doesnt apply to the b200 jewely cleaner. But, it should apply to the old series, the 1510 0.5 gal.