We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
KILL THE EGO! Options

FranLover
#21 Posted : 12/5/2019 3:10:34 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Please feel free to share these videos or texts. Just what few words you said deeply strike me.

I always remember, and it brings a shiver "the world is like the snake in the string" (in hindi accent)

This being said, yogic flying and TM recruits and centers were and are a thing. And its weird.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

xss27
#22 Posted : 12/5/2019 8:30:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

India has the full spectrum. On the one hand you get rare genuine sages like Ramana Maharshi who for the most part remain relatively unknown, then half a mile down the round there will be a village that practices brutal animal blood rituals! Then there's yogic 'flying' and all the rest of these tricks, gimmicks, or scams. As a percentage of population I don't think India is actually any different from other nations in terms of realized individuals.. they are literally one in a million. Anyway..

Couple of recommendations. First, my favourite, a short video of Ramana Maharshi readings/stories from a more lengthy documentary.

There's a dialogue in there that when I first heard it the words struck really deep; regarding a mans desire to 'see' God and asking Maharshi to oblige the request. There is something about his words there, and in general, that seem to reach and resonate deeply within.

Quote:
Question: I begin to ask myself ‘Who am I?’, eliminate the body as not ‘I’, the breath as not ‘I’, and I am not able to proceed further.

Bhagavan: Well, that is as far as the intellect can go. Your process is only intellectual. Indeed, all the scriptures mention the process only to guide the seeker to know the truth. The truth cannot be directly pointed at. Hence, this intellectual process.

You see, the one who eliminates the ‘not I’ cannot eliminate the ‘I’. To say ‘I am not this’ or ‘I am that’ there must be an ‘I’. This ‘I’ is only the ego or the ‘I’-thought. After the rising up of this ‘I’-thought, all other thoughts arise. The ‘I’-thought is therefore the root thought. If the root is pulled out all others are at the same time uprooted. Therefore, seek the root ‘I’, question yourself ‘Who am I?’ Find the source and then all these other ideas will vanish and the pure Self will remain.

This web-page has some good information on Ramana Maharshi and Self-Inquiry. David also has some good explanatory videos on youtube as well. Who Am I?

I'd also recommend Maharshi's 'Who Am I?' essay, which is a collection of verses that Maharshi gave when he was in his twenties, translated from Tamil into English. It is perhaps all that one really needs, it contains the philosophy and the instructions on how to achieve realisation: 'Who Am I?' Essay

Almost forget, I really like these youtube videos where the narrator reads various recorded dialogues between Maharshi and questioners. An example:

FranLover
#23 Posted : 12/5/2019 10:22:59 PM

Ramana Maharishi of course is super legit. The Who Am I? Essay is totally brilliant.

Thanks for the videos, they reminded me of a couple of things I had forgotten.

With Ramana Maharishi ocurrs the same thing to me that happens with J. Krishnamurti; I get this ring of authenticity with everything he says. It resonates as truth.

I look into myself and totally agree with what he says about the ego, the psychological scripts and traps present in "self realization", and the outlook he reccomends for achieving a more healthy, or absolute, consciousness--by not relying on thought, along with the understanding of who and what is the "I" in one.

I confused him with Maharishi Mahesh, thats why I called him controversial, brought up yogic flying, and "the snake in the string." Now that I realize you were talking about Ramana Maharishi it makes a lot more sense.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

seagull
#24 Posted : 12/6/2019 3:10:55 PM

Hello world!

What a deep story, the suffering of a man in life comes to light.
The doctor unsure if its real, or fake had to test him first. Just to see if the bug is real or not really in his head.
Turns out his mind was working against him. So the doctor did well, i wonder if he know how to extract a real bug tho! Now thats a story for the medical journal!Laughing
You&Iverse

FranLover
#25 Posted : 1/21/2020 7:03:58 AM

Xss27,

PREV12