We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I want to convert DMT base to DMT fumarate but I just dont get it- there are so many different teks Options

eljapoppo56
#1 Posted : 1/20/2020 4:10:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey yall, hope youre having a good night.

I have freebase that I extracted from MHRB using vinegar, NaOH and heptane.

I want to convert this to fumarate but so many teks use different solvents and it confuses me.

I've been extracting freebase for years and always thought A/B was superior. I hsvren'y logged in here in a while and it seems there are better new teks with better results and experiments (FASA/FASI).

Anyways, can anyone lay this out for me like a total noob? What is the most current best tek for converting base xtals to fumarate?

I tried anhydrous acetone with 601mg(?) fumaric acid in 50ml and mixed with 1g freebase DMT in 50mL and there was instant precipitation (this is the easiest seeming tek). I let the solution cool in the freezer and the xtals floated to the bottom and required some intense scraping to free them. I then filtered the precipitate and washed with cold anhydrous acetone. The product is a yellow color powder and not oily. I haven't weighed it yet cuz I wanna do more acetone washes. Will the acetone washes even wash away the excess acid?

I'm sorry for the noob questions. I can get naptha, heptane, ISO or ethanol, methamol, MEK, and limonene. I'm not sure if I can get xylene. Anybody willing to help a homie out?

Thank you!!!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

rOm
#2 Posted : 1/20/2020 7:46:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You can do a fumaric acid saturated Isopropanol and stick your freebase there.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 1/20/2020 3:53:23 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
I tried anhydrous acetone with 601mg(?) fumaric acid in 50ml and mixed with 1g freebase DMT in 50mL[...]
Will the acetone washes even wash away the excess acid?

The amount required to neutralise 1g of base is 616.5 309mg - which, amazingly enough, is the amount of fumaric acid that will dissolve in 50mL acetone.

If the acetone is slightly damp (it's hygroscopic...) you'll risk washing away some of the fumarate.

(Edited cos I forgot that 2 moles DMT react with 1 mole fumaric acid Big grin )

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

eljapoppo56
#4 Posted : 1/20/2020 4:25:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:
You can do a fumaric acid saturated Isopropanol and stick your freebase there.

Thank you!!! Does the ISO need to be anhydrous as well? If so, can I dry it using MgSO4 like drying acetone?

eljapoppo56
#5 Posted : 1/20/2020 4:27:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Quote:
I tried anhydrous acetone with 601mg(?) fumaric acid in 50ml and mixed with 1g freebase DMT in 50mL[...]
Will the acetone washes even wash away the excess acid?

The amount required to neutralise 1g of base is 616.5 309mg - which, amazingly enough, is the amount of fumaric acid that will dissolve in 50mL acetone.

If the acetone is slightly damp (it's hygroscopic...) you'll risk washing away some of the fumarate.

(Edited cos I forgot that 2 moles DMT react with 1 mole fumaric acid Big grin )

Thank you!! I couldn't remember the amt of fumarate off the top of my head so I guessed, but i did use 309mg Smile

Thanks again! Also sorry this isn't a "reply" I'm on mobile and don't see a reply button anywhere, just a "quote" button