We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acacia auriculiformis root bark extration Options

luthiertw
#1 Posted : 10/23/2014 7:52:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've extracted DMT successfully from Acacia confusa. STB or A/B then a little A/B. I tried another little A/B with Zinc to recycle the yellow DMT/DMT N-Oxide left in my broken vaporizer and got pretty white crystal again.

On the other hand, the standard TEKs don't seem to work as well for A. auriculiformis. It was said to have 5-MeO in stem bark. I extract some yellow/orange powder/goo that is not like crystal at all. The stuff when being smoked gave weaker visual and some body load. My lung felt swelling for hours. Definitely much more uncomfortable than DMT or DMT/NMT from A. confusa. So I gave it a little A/B with Zinc just out of curiosity. Beside I still have some 800 gram AARB in hand.

Yellow particles crashed out after being basified.

Those particles have poorer solubility than DMT in naphtha so it precipitates in a slower manner. The white extract still doesn't look like crystal. More like lard drops.

I'm wondering is there a more proper solvent for 5-MeO if there's any in AARB. Any thoughts?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Kurtles
#2 Posted : 1/20/2020 7:02:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey buddy did u have any luck extracting from auriculiformis again? Cheers

Kurtles
#3 Posted : 4/26/2020 12:27:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Gonna try doing this extract over the n3xt couple of weeks. Trying to find a suitable tek for it if anyone knows? Should I get it mainly from the stem bark? Thanks heaps

Chimp Z
#4 Posted : 4/26/2020 5:51:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey that's awesome it sounds like at least you got some seemingly psychedelic effects from the extract.
Glycosides are known to be present in Acacia Auriculiformis so be cautious on that end and make sure
to boil those constituents out if possible.
Another thing that came to mind for chest swelling would be if the plant has been sprayed with pesticides
or is around orchards or agricultural areas where chemicals run off into other ecosystems.
Also if any solvent or base was in the final extract that could pose problematic.
Good luck with your research, the Acacias will guide you in the right direction, I'm sure.

Chimp Z
#5 Posted : 4/26/2020 5:56:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh just noticed the original post is 6 years old!

Has anyone had any luck finding useful alkaloids in Acacia Auriculiformis in the past few years?

Kurtles, from reading around on different scientific articles, it is suggested that alkaloids
are also present in the Acacia Auriculiformis phyllodes.

If you intend to harvest stem bark, maybe give the phyllodes a shot first just so you don't
bother the plant's fractal growth.