We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A free and open approach to the sonic enhancement of one's journeys Options

Azazel
#1 Posted : 1/18/2020 3:41:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Perhaps one of the most tragically felt losses in my late years here in hiatus from DMT and its cousins is the close part it played in my experience and production of music in its midst. This goes double for me since acclimatizing myself to the use and practice of modular synthesis in the interim. And so it occurred to me that though, doubtless, there are those here experienced in such sonic exploration, there has apparently been no mention of perhaps the easiest and most versatile entry-point into modular synthesis:

VCV Rack

And here's a compilation of music made in VCV Rack: https://switchedonrack.b...m/switched-on-rack-vol-2

VCV Rack is a virtual modular synthesizer oriented DAW. It's free and opensource and cross-platform with a vast library of free plugins available. It's simple enough to get one's feet wet but powerful enough to continue using long after one, perhaps, makes the jump to hardware. Be forewarned that it can be a bit demanding of one's system, and it might be necessary to do some system configuration to maximize audio performance, but I've heard tell of it being plenty capable on a plethora of modern systems.

Anyway, I thought I'd share it here considering how I wish it had been around back when I was more active in hyperspace. Plus I imagine it could well prove a promising platform for something like creative collaboration, hereabouts.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

hug46
#2 Posted : 1/18/2020 11:09:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have messed around a bit with VCV rack. It is a great piece of software, on many levels.

Azazel
#3 Posted : 1/30/2020 2:48:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So this recently came out, and I thought potential newcomers to the software might find it useful:

Jees
#4 Posted : 1/30/2020 10:53:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool niche Thumbs up