We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mimosahuasca precipitate? Options

bismillah
#1 Posted : 12/20/2019 7:31:38 PM

My Personalized Tag

I've left my mimosa brew to sit at the back of my closet for about a week, since I didn't have a chance to drink it. This is the tea I made from 25 g of wood and lemon juice which I reduced to ~200mL from about 500-600mL. I've noticed that the brew has left a thick, black residue on the jar, and I know it's probably not plant matter because I filtered this tea three times. I can only assume something is falling out of solution (and hope it's not the good stuff).

Is it bad to leave these brews on the shelf?
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Homo Trypens
#2 Posted : 12/20/2019 7:46:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

These are probably the tannins. If so, it should taste better now.

I had residue like that when reducing well-filtered tea and then cooling the reduced tea over night.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 12/20/2019 10:18:37 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

That's most likely right, tannins. The soluble tannin precursors slowly oxidise and polymerise, leading to the observed precipitate. It's possible that some actives stick to the precipitate, one way to check would be decanting away the supernatant and adding base to the precipitate, followed by extracting into NPS, etc. The amount is likely to be insignificant if you have added sufficient acid.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Legarto Rey
#4 Posted : 1/15/2020 10:26:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DFZ, describes the likely. Not a new observation. Filtered, then reduced MHRB tea, stored in the fridge, yields...precipitate + supernatant. Many reference the "sludge". My observation has been that with adequate tea above the sludge, no matter. If one is poor on actives, the sludge may add a bit.

Kinda silly really, with adequate RIMA, even modest doses of enteral tryptaminics...BOOM!

Peace