We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ultrasonic cleaner for cell lysis Options

Mister Sunday
#1 Posted: : 1/15/2020 5:36:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm contemplating purchasing an ultrasonic cleaner to try and use it for breaking down the cell walls during extraction process. Thought I'd put the MHRB/acid solution in a glass container with about a 25" Hg vacuum pulled on it, then lower said container into the water bath of the washer and let her eat. I've read the few posts that show up when you search "ultrasonic" and was hoping to get some other facts, opinions or anecdotal confabulation.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jees
#2 Posted : 1/15/2020 10:14:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mister Sunday wrote:
I'm contemplating purchasing an ultrasonic cleaner to try and use it for breaking down the cell walls during extraction process. Thought I'd put the MHRB/acid solution in a glass container with about a 25" Hg vacuum pulled on it, then lower said container into the water bath of the washer and let her eat. I've read the few posts that show up when you search "ultrasonic" and was hoping to get some other facts, opinions or anecdotal confabulation.
You might be interested in this thread: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=293879

To break down cell walls that way you need ultrasonic power up to levels that it gets hot.
I suspect a sonic cleaner bath is hardly sufficient, but hey why not just try it, any little of help might be welcome.

Mister Sunday
#3 Posted : 1/22/2020 10:38:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
Mister Sunday wrote:
You might be interested in this thread: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=293879

To break down cell walls that way you need ultrasonic power up to levels that it gets hot.
I suspect a sonic cleaner bath is hardly sufficient, but hey why not just try it, any little of help might be welcome.

I think you are correct. I believe the only way to get the results I'm looking for is with a sonicator. I've put a jar of the acid/MHRB solution in the bath and was fairly disappointed with the lackluster visual indications that anything was happening. I will experiment some more with it and have quite a few other things I would like to try before I spend the kind of money those sonicators are going for.

kermitor
#4 Posted : 11/24/2020 3:49:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

https://www.reddit.com/r...crb_and_a_sonic_cleaner/

this guy said it worked well for him. *shrug* to be fair the jewelry things can heat water to at least 75 while sonicating too