We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Possible DMT content of frass, borer dust from Acasia Options

Talon
#1 Posted : 1/4/2020 12:07:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone, Im so happy to have been able to apply to register here.

About me.
Over 40, Male and living in South Eastern Australia

12 months ago I had my 1st DMT experiance. This was over the course of two months maybe 6 occasions and vry small dose.

Since then I have been passivly interested. However in the last couple of months I have become very interested in Ethnobotany and the science of the whole journey.
Living in regional Australia. I have access to vast bushland with many many Acacias.

I have done my best to develop my capacity to identify species and certainly have an understanding of the plants the have consistantly high levels of alkaloids present. Of course I could simply purchase the product online, but for me I think this misses so much of the opportunity to learn from and immerse yourself in the universes desire to educate, engage and embrace.

So here is what im hoping to do and I would be very appreciative of anyones advice of suggestions.
I have access to a number of species, but the two I will experiment with are Acacia mearnsii and Acacia melanoxylon.
Im aware these two are a bit hit an miss, but Im keen to get into the A/B process simply to start my practical learning

The one Big question I have at the moment and one I have not been able to find any information on is, The possibility to derive active compounds from what is known as "Frass or borer dust". As im very much a lay person. I just had this grand idea that due to the content consistancy and location of this dust on and under the tree. what if some amazing biological magic happens to these byproducts of insect symbiosis.
Of course I will test bark and Philodes as well. But imagine the sustainable gathering potential, if this dust yeilds well.

Any way thanks for allowing me to become a member.

Peace

Talon Smile

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

SynKyd
#2 Posted : 1/10/2020 10:55:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Talon wrote:
Hello everyone, Im so happy to have been able to apply to register here.

About me.
Over 40, Male and living in South Eastern Australia

12 months ago I had my 1st DMT experiance. This was over the course of two months maybe 6 occasions and vry small dose.

Since then I have been passivly interested. However in the last couple of months I have become very interested in Ethnobotany and the science of the whole journey.
Living in regional Australia. I have access to vast bushland with many many Acacias.

I have done my best to develop my capacity to identify species and certainly have an understanding of the plants the have consistantly high levels of alkaloids present. Of course I could simply purchase the product online, but for me I think this misses so much of the opportunity to learn from and immerse yourself in the universes desire to educate, engage and embrace.

So here is what im hoping to do and I would be very appreciative of anyones advice of suggestions.
I have access to a number of species, but the two I will experiment with are Acacia mearnsii and Acacia melanoxylon.
Im aware these two are a bit hit an miss, but Im keen to get into the A/B process simply to start my practical learning

The one Big question I have at the moment and one I have not been able to find any information on is, The possibility to derive active compounds from what is known as "Frass or borer dust". As im very much a lay person. I just had this grand idea that due to the content consistancy and location of this dust on and under the tree. what if some amazing biological magic happens to these byproducts of insect symbiosis.
Of course I will test bark and Philodes as well. But imagine the sustainable gathering potential, if this dust yeilds well.

Any way thanks for allowing me to become a member.

Peace

Talon Smile

Welcome to the nexus Talon!

I suppose anything is possible! Is it worthwhile to collect and extract is the question. All info I have read (limited knowledge here) indicates the root bark is much more useful than the roots or any part of the plant above ground.

Best of luck, and safe travels always Love
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 1/11/2020 2:55:16 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Welcome, Talon!

There's tons of Acacia information on here as I'm sure you'll appreciate. Here's a few important threads, perhaps you seen some of them already?

Conserving Acacia Project
Trying to improve Acacia information
The Acacia Analysis Thread
The TOP 8 ACACIAS to Grow WORLDWIDE

Digging up roots of wild Acacias is poor conservation practice; alternatives do exist. Some species present with actives in the phyllodes.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Talon
#4 Posted : 1/13/2020 12:06:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the input peeps. I really appreciate it.

Before I came here I had aready done qite a bit of research. My purpose is sustainable practice, so root bark not on my list.
I have selected a species that is abundant to me and has had reports of alchaloids. Just having fun and trying somthing I have not been able to find research on.

Go well every one.

Cheers Thumbs up

SynKyd
#5 Posted : 1/14/2020 3:09:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Be sure and report back your findings.

Root bark can be harvested responsibly in a sustainable manner is my understanding, also.
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.