We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Mushroom Lemon Tek Options

PsilocybeChild
#1 Posted : 12/29/2009 7:03:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay, well I never heard about this before some online browsing this morning. But theres a 50 page community experiment thread on shroomery about how when ground up mushrooms are soaked in lemon juice for 20 minutes potency is increased at least 3x. I realize that thread is old and I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before. I also realize this could be purely placebo but everyone whose tried it is pretty unanimous. Seems like good info to know if it's true. So may I recommend some experimentation and reports.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

psychosisdoses
#2 Posted : 12/29/2009 9:57:07 PM

Derek

YES this is pretty much what i do whenever i take mushrooms now.. it converts most if not all of the psilocybin into psilocin.. the actives are of course in the juice.. benzyme did a write up of extraction from that point on.. or you could of course reduce and slurp

psilocin is MUCH prefered to mixed cybin/cin imo.. its much more like pharma and less sickly and negetive emotions
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

PsilocybeChild
#3 Posted : 12/29/2009 10:23:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was just gonna drink the ground shrooms and lemon juice down in a shot. Does it really convert the psilocybin to psilocin? I didn't think that was possible. But if it is wow what a breakthrough that would be. psilocin IS much preferred. it doesn't have to be converted by the body. psilocin is psychoactive whereas psilocybin is not. and psilocybin causes more bodily effects/bodyload which is a negative thing esp when tripping IMO.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum

Bancopuma
#4 Posted : 12/29/2009 10:40:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure where I read this, but I think the acids in the lemon juice de-phosphorylate the psilocybin, converting it into psilocin, for faster absorption. I think the same reaction happens with stomach acid to some degree. I'm not 100% though, someone with a more in depth knowledge of chemistry than I might know more.

jamie
#5 Posted : 12/29/2009 11:44:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have been using mushrooms this way for the last 3 years...I powder them and put them into a tea bag and soak them in some lemon juice and water(just enough to cover the tea bag) in a cup for 10 minutes or so then pour in some water just after it stops boiling..I only pour in enough to fill the cup half way or less so I dont have to drink alot of liquid.

Always works better..it is always stronger that way and seems to be a deeper visionary experience.
Long live the unwoke.

PsilocybeChild
#6 Posted : 12/29/2009 11:48:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow. so it would be a much better, cleaner experience. I think I'll be sticking with this method. I guess this kind of eliminated the need to grow a harder more exotic species. thoughts?
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum

benzyme
#7 Posted : 12/30/2009 12:17:10 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Bancopuma wrote:
I'm not sure where I read this, but I think the acids in the lemon juice de-phosphorylate the psilocybin, converting it into psilocin, for faster absorption. I think the same reaction happens with stomach acid to some degree. I'm not 100% though, someone with a more in depth knowledge of chemistry than I might know more.

yes, it's called acid-catalyzed dephosphorylation. in the gut, enzymes as well as stomach acid achieve this..
but by first converting all the psilocybin to psilocin, you bypass this, and psilocin is readily absorbed into the bloodstream. it passes the blood-brain barrier, and binds the raphe nuclei's 5HT receptors.

in short, you'd probably notice effects about 15-20 minutes earlier.
all psilocin is a cleaner feeling, more visual experience

PsilocybeChild wrote:
I guess this kind of eliminated the need to grow a harder more exotic species. thoughts?

preference, really.
the exotic species like panaeolus cyanescens have higher content of both psilocin and psilocybin, but many would tell you, "just eat more" of the cubensis. it does require more cubes to get the same effect.

*edit* a lemon tek on the p. cyans would be Shocked
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

ismokecrystals
#8 Posted : 12/30/2009 1:30:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I usually brew tea when I eat shrooms and I notice effects within 20 minutes. Would the lemon tek cause me to feel effects @ t+5 min?

PsilocybeChild
#9 Posted : 12/30/2009 1:43:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If I'm not mistaken. A tea is just a tea. but the lemon tek converts the psilocybin into psilocin.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum

psychosisdoses
#10 Posted : 12/30/2009 3:21:00 AM

Derek

heres the thread on the extraction... >>>Shocked<<<
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~

PsilocybeChild
#11 Posted : 12/30/2009 3:01:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks psy Wink Can anyone say from experience how this method with cubensis compares to eating exotics like Panaeolus cyanescens or Psilocybe azurescens. How much more like them does the trip become?
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum

psychosisdoses
#12 Posted : 1/2/2010 5:18:12 AM

Derek

PsilocybeChild wrote:
thanks psy Wink Can anyone say from experience how this method with cubensis compares to eating exotics like Panaeolus cyanescens or Psilocybe azurescens. How much more like them does the trip become?

well its my understanding that those mushrooms have more psilocin so it may feel a bit more like them however they still have psilocybin so it wouldnt be quite like them.. this is like taking mostly pure psilocin which is alot like pharma imo.. very clear and electric feeling almost acid like.. definitely THE way to take mushrooms imo.

jamie
#13 Posted : 1/2/2010 5:31:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

when I was getting psilocybe cyanescenes I was making lots of tea with them and doing alone at night...2 grams made into a tea this way can be very powerful..

I once took about 5 grams in a tea and basically had a full hour long breakthrough..I couldnt even get up off the floor..I had to lay down through the entire peak on this giant body pillow on my friends kitchen floor..just openeing my eyes was the most confusing thing..I remember telling myself over and over to just go with it and that I would be ok by morning..
Long live the unwoke.

psychosisdoses
#14 Posted : 1/2/2010 5:53:08 AM

Derek

fractal enchantment wrote:
I remember telling myself over and over to just go with it and that I would be ok by morning..

haha thats what you have to do.. no matter how crazy it gets keep talking to yourself! assure yourself youll be okay.. lol iv had some crazy mushroom trips like that pharma aswell.. sometimes you gotta be your best friend and walk yourself through it

PsilocybeChild
#15 Posted : 1/2/2010 8:06:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

holy damn that must of been quite the intense experience. what were you seeing?
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum

Virola78
#16 Posted : 1/2/2010 10:06:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PsilocybeChild wrote:
holy damn that must of been quite the intense experience. what were you seeing?

lol
what not?

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

PsilocybeChild
#17 Posted : 1/2/2010 10:07:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Laughing
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum

Touche Guevara
#18 Posted : 1/3/2010 12:53:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has preferred to use acidic juice (usually OJ) since it was suggested to him years ago. He rarely shrooms though, but was wondering if anyone could comment on how much the duration is usually decreased by bypassing the -cybin to -cin conversion?

Skizm
#19 Posted : 1/13/2010 6:20:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Skizm's Saturday Shrooms Elixir

1) nutmeg
2) OJ/LJ
3) Chopped shrooms

Take a big gulp, chew shrooms, swallow. Rinse and repeat until the elixir is gone

Nutmeg contains a mild MAOI, seeing as I cannot get any Syrian Rue right now due to time constraints.

Psilocybin reacts with extreme bases or acids and turns into Psilocin.

OJ/LJ not only turns psilocybin into psilocin but it masks the god awful taste of nutmeg. I actually like the taste of shrooms, very earthy and delicious.
Life is a puzzle. Your parents fill in the edges and give you a starting point. The interesting thing about this puzzle is that one piece could fit in a million different spots and you will never fill it in. Try as you may, it will never be complete.

-Mi padre

damiana
#20 Posted : 6/17/2010 8:22:00 PM

Cosmic Dragon

benzyme wrote:
Bancopuma wrote:

yes, it's called acid-catalyzed dephosphorylation. in the gut, enzymes as well as stomach acid achieve this..
but by first converting all the psilocybin to psilocin, you bypass this, and psilocin is readily absorbed into the bloodstream. it passes the blood-brain barrier, and binds the raphe nuclei's 5HT receptors.

Does anyone know what the pH would need to be to dephosphorylate the psilocybin into psilocin? I read pH 4 would work. SWIM will try that, seems about right to him.
PEACE

123NEXT