We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acacetin and acacetin 7-methyl ether from Turnera Diffusa(Damiana) as potent MAOIs Options

blueshake
#1 Posted : 6/22/2019 9:41:45 AM

nanite

Quote:
Abstract: The investigation of the constituents that were isolated from Turnera diffusa (damiana) for their inhibitory activities against recombinant human monoamine oxidases (MAO-A and MAO-B)in vitro identified acacetin 7-methyl ether as a potent selective inhibitor of MAO-B (IC50 = 198 nM). Acacetin 7-methyl ether (also known as 5-hydroxy-40, 7-dimethoxyflavone) is a naturally occurring flavone that is present in many plants and vegetables. Acacetin 7-methyl ether was four-fold less potent as an inhibitor of MAO-B when compared to acacetin (IC50 = 50 nM). However, acacetin 7-methyl ether was >500-fold selective against MAO-B over MAO-A as compared to only two-fold selectivity shown by acacetin. Even though the IC50 for inhibition of MAO-B by acacetin 7-methyl ether was ~four-fold higher than that of the standard drug deprenyl (i.e., SelegilineTM or ZelaparTM, a selective MAO-B inhibitor), acacetin 7-methyl ether’s selectivity for MAO-B over MAO-A inhibition was greater than that of deprenyl (>500- vs. 450-fold). The binding of acacetin 7-methyl ether to MAO-B was reversible and time-independent, as revealed by enzyme-inhibitor complex equilibrium dialysis assays. The investigation on the enzyme inhibition-kinetics analysis with varying concentrations of acacetin 7-methyl ether and the substrate(kynuramine) suggested a competitive mechanism of inhibition of MAO-B by acacetin 7-methyl ether with Ki value of 45 nM. The docking scores and binding-free energies of acacetin 7-methyl ether to the X-ray crystal structures of MAO-A and MAO-B confirmed the selectivity of binding of this molecule to MAO-B over MAO-A. In addition, molecular dynamics results also revealed that acacetin 7-methyl ether formed a stable and strong complex with MAO-B. The selective inhibition of MAO-B suggests further investigations on acacetin 7-methyl as a potential new drug lead for the treatment of neurodegenerative disorders,
including Parkinson’s disease.

It seems that acacetin is as potent as MAO-B inhibitor as Deprenyl is although less selective. MAO-A inhibition is 115 nm, and MAO-B is 50 nm. As for the acacetin 7-methyl ester MAO-A inhibition is non-existent, and MAO-B inhibition is 198 nm making it less potent but very selective.

I can't seem to find how much there is both compounds in damiana, though it's frequently cited as having them. Other plants also cited to have acacetin are Calea urticifolia and Agastache rugosa. It seems that theoretically damiana could be used to activate both DMT and PEA.

Edit#1: 100mg PEA with 20g damiana leaf tea(1 cup - half of the whole brew) definitely works, will try drinking rest of it, and maybe redosing, though I'm afraaid of PEA headache a bit

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 1/9/2020 9:22:47 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Just found this post, so I thought I'd add this.

Kumquats contain acacetin glycosides including fortunellin, which has been found to have antidiabetic activity amongst other things. I find kumquats to have quite an uplifting effect, beyond the gustatory pleasure of the fruit.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli