We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Adding water for easier NPS pulls *plz reply quick sum1* Options

JCpenny420
#1 Posted : 1/5/2020 9:02:19 PM

Cats rule!

So basically i have a flask thats about 900ml full and i wanna know if its safe to add 200ml water before i add in my NPS to bring the level up into the neck ( or close to ) for easier transfer without pulling my aq layer. i have a nice pipette and pump but still am uneasy about pulling from a wide and thin layer of NPS. picture included and i am using CYB ATB salt tek
JCpenny420 attached the following image(s):
thumbnail_20200105_155602.jpg (186kb) downloaded 147 time(s).
"Reality is only an illusion"

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Metta-Morpheus
#2 Posted : 1/6/2020 12:58:44 AM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

I would say maybe add a little base with it so the water dosnt drop the ph to much. Other than that shouldn’t have problems.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

JCpenny420
#3 Posted : 1/7/2020 3:09:02 AM

Cats rule!

Metta-Morpheus wrote:
I would say maybe add a little base with it so the water dosnt drop the ph to much. Other than that shouldn’t have problems.

Thanks for the advice, i had forseen that i would be adding water earlier in the tek so i made sure to add a little more base (approx 10g more than the tek required) i also had added about 10g more salt also. My best extraction so far got some off white crystals as apposed to my "jungle spice" i had obtained from my first two extracts. Worked perfectly, if interested in my results of the first 2 pulls of my extraction here is the link to my IMGUR

https://imgur.com/a/sJd3FDy

Thanks to Dreamer042 for his advice on emulsions and a couple other things.
also thanks to you Morpheus for you response.

The nexians have been very helpful and have taught me much, kudos to all of you! This place is a trove of beautiful information

Also, going to attach a picture of the results of my first extraction with 9 year old bark, was real yellow but some nice xtals. I think im getting the hang of it =-)

Safe travels folks Pleased
JCpenny420 attached the following image(s):
thumbnail_Resized_20191202_113755.jpg (137kb) downloaded 125 time(s).

Metta-Morpheus
#4 Posted : 1/7/2020 9:52:45 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

No problem, that’s what we’re all here for. I wish I had signed up before my first extraction. Had a lotta questions and like I said in another post, I had my first run that I had almost tossed out. Some help would have been useful then, so I like to help when I feel confident in my answer.

Nice Xtals by the way
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 1/8/2020 5:33:06 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

If you didn't want to dilute the solution, careful addition of, e.g., stainless steel ball bearings could raise the level of the liquid sufficiently to facilitate pipetting. Using magnetic material expedites the subsequent removal of the displacement aid.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

JCpenny420
#6 Posted : 1/8/2020 7:39:42 PM

Cats rule!

downwardsfromzero wrote:
If you didn't want to dilute the solution, careful addition of, e.g., stainless steel ball bearings could raise the level of the liquid sufficiently to facilitate pipetting. Using magnetic material expedites the subsequent removal of the displacement aid.

Thanks i never would have thought of this. Ill invest in some. They should also help with my stirring/swirling. So far ive got forst pull- 410mg, second pull-190mg and third pull-200 mg. I have another pull i need to scrape that came out real white. I also have one more pull in the freezer. Thanks for all the advice folks. Also i had an emulsion between my 3rd and 4th pulls so i added about 15g of salt solution and it worked wonders.

JCpenny420
#7 Posted : 1/8/2020 7:43:45 PM

Cats rule!

Another question, what math do i use to find out the % i got from my bark? .78grams i have so far

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 1/8/2020 8:19:57 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Divide the mass of your product by the amount of starting material. Keep the units the same! Multiply the result by 100 (for percentage):

100 * 0.78 g /<mass of bark used> g = % yield

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

JCpenny420
#9 Posted : 1/8/2020 10:37:36 PM

Cats rule!

Metta-Morpheus wrote:
No problem, that’s what we’re all here for. I wish I had signed up before my first extraction. Had a lotta questions and like I said in another post, I had my first run that I had almost tossed out. Some help would have been useful then, so I like to help when I feel confident in my answer.

Nice Xtals by the way

Yes! Thankfully i had stumbled across the nexus when i was about 21 on my quest to learn about consciousness. Head/read about DMT and my research led me here. This place is amazing for n00bs, sadly i never used it for actually extraction until i got my shit together and finally tried a couple months ago. The DMT reddit page also got me motivated to go for it. My bark was 9 years old sitting my in basement awaiting my ass to get to stripping the deems out. Nexians are Ub3r helpful, i intend to follow suit. XD

JCpenny420
#10 Posted : 1/8/2020 10:47:54 PM

Cats rule!

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Divide the mass of your product by the amount of starting material. Keep the units the same! Multiply the result by 100 (for percentage):

100 * 0.78 g /<mass of bark used> g = % yield

So say i used approx 55-60g of bark, we will just got for 55 i guess. i would do this:

100*.78=78(obviously)
THEN
78 divided by 55
Which gives me 1.41818182 (rounded to 1.42% yield)

Is this correct? sorry i thought / was division but not 100% sure. sorry i really am not stupid, just wanna make sure i know how to do this correctly.

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 1/8/2020 11:17:30 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Yes, in this case the "/" means division.

Think of the phrase "seven out of ten", for example: this is also written "7/10". Because you got 0.78 g of product out of 55 g of bark you get "0.78/55".

"Per cent" means "out of one hundred". We could say it's a means of removing some leading zeroes from a ratio to make a nicer looking number.

JCpenny420
#12 Posted : 1/8/2020 11:20:59 PM

Cats rule!

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Yes, in this case the "/" means division.

Think of the phrase "seven out of ten", for example: this is also written "7/10". Because you got 0.78 g of product out of 55 g of bark you get "0.78/55".

"Per cent" means "out of one hundred". We could say it's a means of removing some leading zeroes from a ratio to make a nicer looking number.

So i could also go .78/55*100 to also get 1.42%?

seems like a decent yield, if this is right.

downwardsfromzero
#13 Posted : 1/9/2020 1:19:19 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Multiplication and addition are both commutative, division and subtraction are not.

.78/55*100 as written would be subject - in the absence of brackets - to the "multiply first" rule; this would give you a result 10000 times too small. This is why I placed the 100 first in my explanation (albeit without explaining why, until now).

(0.78/55)*100 is the same [EDIT: as 100*0.78/55, I mean] but uses more symbols - especially now I've had to explain it Big grin

Quote:
seems like a decent yield, if this is right.
Pretty decent, yes. The figure might drop as residual naphtha evaporates off. If you actually used more like 60 g of bark the yield is 1.3%. Still good, with more on the way from what you say.

JCpenny420
#14 Posted : 1/9/2020 1:41:41 AM

Cats rule!

Well thank you for clearing that up with me. Much appreciated. I feel like i can do better. I think im going to try an a/b tek next. Cybs is a great learning tek though, highly recommend it for beginners!