We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My first San Pedro experience Options

Achilles
#1 Posted : 12/29/2019 3:34:24 PM

I is the obstacle.

What’s up nexus. So I went ahead and tried some San Pedro tea yesterday. This was my first experience with mescaline and other than my guidance on the forums I had no prior experience in preparation so hopefully you can help critique my prep methods if y’all see anything. I started off at 10:40 am with 1500ml of bottled water, four lemon cuttings squeezed in water than dropped in and I brought this to a pretty good boil

I reduced it to a medium simmer and dropped 28 grams of San Pedro skin powder in. From here I pretty much stayed running constant laps to the kitchen and back stirring the simmering sludge.

After about an hour I added another 500ml of water because my water was dissolving fast(I turned up the heat on the stove during this time and kept a constant stir until it started simmering again, then returned the heat back to medium). I also added like 2 more lemon slices when I did this then kept stirring and simmering throughout the next hour.

Around one I once again had to add another 400ml of water, doing it the same way as before, after this I kept stirring and simmering until around 1:45 or 1:50.

At around 1:50 I took it of the stove and attempted to strain the tea from the remaining pulp but was unsuccessful. A coffee filter wasn’t even straining the liquid it was just pooling up so we just dumped it into a measuring cup and prepared for some possible nausea, but some of the gunk was left behind stuck to the filter. We had just under 400 ml of tea and we split it dead evenly giving us both 199 ml of tea I’m guessing and probably somewhere around 11-14 grams of powder hopefully per dose. This was a small dose but I wanted to tread lightly with my first experience and my friend has pretty much no experience with psychedelics except dmt once with me and pot so I didn’t want him going to far either.

It was right at 2:00 pm now and we began drinking. We plugged our noses and both took giant gulps. The tea was disgustingly bitter and even though I only had to take about five gulps I nearly puked twice. We finished the tea at like 2:10pm and went and hung out on the couch

We didn’t really begin to notice the effects until a little after 4:00pm. We had both been smoking weed but we began to both feel noticeably more sluggish and lethargic but euphoric as well. We continued to mellow out for a while and I was starting to get a little upset that I wasn’t feeling the effects. But around 5:15pm someone said something a little funny and we both began the notorious giggles that come at the beginning of a trip. After our little giggle fit we began looking around the room and noticing the room was beginning to take on a vivid glow that distinguished itself between our marijuana high. Around 5:40 we actually began to really feel it which made me happy. My friend being a psych noob was having a blast. To me though the experience felt very akin to taking one tab of lsd or a couple grams of shrooms. I was having fun no doubt but I feel had I doubled my dosages the experience would have been more visually appealing. All together the experience was a success and I feel much more comfortable upping my dose and going waist deep next time. The experience from then on out was just a couple hours of euphoria, light tripping, smoking a lot of weed but definitely fun and a great substance and I look forward to playing with it a little more. Thanks for reading guys

Learn, share, expand 👍
This guys ego ^

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

coAsTal
#2 Posted : 12/29/2019 4:02:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to cactus brother-- it'll only get better from here.

Yes, that seems like a very low dose, factoring that you didn't boil it long and all.

You can save yourself a lot of trouble by boiling it at a lower temp with the lid on-- you don't need super high boil where the water evaporates off quickly.

Set it and forget it. (I've boiled for 30 hours on the stove without ever adding any water.)

Then, since you're working with powder, after you've boiled for a day, if I were you instead of filtering the sludge I'd just let gravity settle out all of the sediment in the bottom of a large jar and pour off the clear liquid. It will take a day, but your result will be clear liquid, and all the slime at the bottom 10% that you just keep in the jar to dispose of.

I would also consider using white vinegar as your acid, since the sugars and stuff in the lemon tend to make the end result taste far worse-- citric acid is locked into the liquid, but vinegar will boil off in the steam, leaving a somewhat more palatable result.

I highly recommend adding very strong coffee to your brew before you drink it-- it makes a big difference to the palatability-- I actually enjoy the taste.

Achilles
#3 Posted : 12/29/2019 4:34:22 PM

I is the obstacle.

Thanks for the tips coastal Thumbs up I’ll definitely have to try the coffee trick, and I’ll probably up my simmer time to 5 hrs when I attempt with double the dose.
This guys ego ^

Grey Fox
#4 Posted : 12/29/2019 9:09:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice trip report Achilles! Good to hear that the two of you enjoyed the experience. It sounds like it was a low dose trip. Pretty ideal for your buddy's first time. Thanks for taking the time to share! If you try again at a higher dose please tell us how it goes.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

FranLover
#5 Posted : 12/30/2019 2:48:57 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Great ! We are talking about a magical thing and you are steps away from it. A glorious experience, a beautiful state of consciousness to land in. Very promising, very beautiful. Keep it up ! Maybe 100g of that powder will give you a show ? I hope you can see this. Its so amazing. Beautiful knowledge to be experienced.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Achilles
#6 Posted : 12/30/2019 3:42:28 AM

I is the obstacle.

Thanks for reading guys and I definitely will be posting my future experiences so keep an eye out GREY FOX 😉
This guys ego ^

Tony6Strings
#7 Posted : 12/30/2019 3:45:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

FranLover wrote:
Maybe 100g of that powder will give you a show ?

I think I will prepare 100 for my next ride.

olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Wolfnippletip
#8 Posted : 12/30/2019 1:36:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've always started with fresh cactus so I have no experience with powdered, but I keep hearing reports of people having difficulty making tea from powdered cactus. IME the only time I ever had cramps during any cactus experience was when I failed to purge on some tea and it made it to my intestines. It was uncomfortable and I'm glad it was a lower dose.

The best experiences I've had so far have been from extracted full spectrum mescaline acetate. It's much easier to measure the dose and there's less nausea involved. I've never purged on it or gotten cramps from it. Lye, D-Limonene and Vinegar are readily available most places and the tek is not difficult.

I used a variation of this tek: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...ene_Mescaline_Extraction
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

Achilles
#9 Posted : 12/30/2019 1:58:39 PM

I is the obstacle.

Wolfnippletip wrote:
I've always started with fresh cactus so I have no experience with powdered, but I keep hearing reports of people having difficulty making tea from powdered cactus. IME the only time I ever had cramps during any cactus experience was when I failed to purge on some tea and it made it to my intestines. It was uncomfortable and I'm glad it was a lower dose.

The best experiences I've had so far have been from extracted full spectrum mescaline acetate. It's much easier to measure the dose and there's less nausea involved. I've never purged on it or gotten cramps from it. Lye, D-Limonene and Vinegar are readily available most places and the tek is not difficult.

I used a variation of this tek: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...ene_Mescaline_Extraction

I appreciate the tek wolf... that’s gotta be the most simple mesc extraction I’ve seen but it’ll be great for my first attempt. Thanks again wolf Thumbs up
This guys ego ^

doubledog
#10 Posted : 12/30/2019 4:34:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wolfnippletip wrote:

This could be caused by cactus mucilage dissolved in the tea. It is not digested in the stomach, and only begin to be decomposed by internal microbiome in intestines.

jingamin
#11 Posted : 10/8/2021 4:43:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

FranLover wrote:
Great ! We are talking about a magical thing and you are steps away from it.

Tony6Strings wrote:
FranLover wrote:
Maybe 100g of that powder will give you a show ?

[quote=Wolfnippletip]I've always started with fresh cactus so I have no experience with powdered,/quote]

[quote=doubledog][quote=Wolfnippletip]I've always started with fresh cactus so I have no experience with powdered,

doubledog, Wolfnippletip, Tony6Strings, FranLover I have been following you for a long time and I trust your experience very much. I wanted to write when I saw all of you on the same topic. Please help me i am having serious health problems.

I want to tell you about the journey that has happened to me for the last 2 times.

I'm a 32 year old male.
I've had trichocereus pachanoi about 15-20 times before. By powder and boiling methods. I consume on an empty stomach. I purify myself with sage incense.
I'm dieting for 4-5 days meat-milk-egg-sugar...

I have been feeling very strange for the last two times;

2-3 hours after consuming it, extreme contractions occur in my entire body.
No pain, no pain. I don't feel any abnormality in any of my organs, everything looks very normal.
But I feel extreme contraction and restlessness in my whole body.
This restlessness and pressure on my body worries me a lot and I can't travel with this fear.
Such things did not happen in previous experiences. Ecstasy kullanınca da It is running normally.
it bothers me so much that it makes me short of breath when walking.
I don't have gas in my stomach, so I don't understand why this is happening.
Before He used to take me for a ride when I drank, now he's laying me down.
I don't take very high doses. Last time I used 18 cm san pedro. Even though I consumed it last 2.5 weeks ago, I still have excessive contractions in my teeth and restless legs syndrome.

Please help me, why is he doing this to me?

doubledog
#12 Posted : 10/8/2021 6:05:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can not help you unfortunately, jingamin, as I have the very same reaction to whole cactus (long lasting muscle tension, short breath, overall pressure), and can tolerate only purified substance.
I believe that this is the effect of some other active compounds in the cactus. It seems that some people are much more sensitive to it than others. Also some cacti likely contain more of this unwanted or unpleasant compounds.

jingamin
#13 Posted : 10/8/2021 7:21:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

doubledog wrote:
Can not help you unfortunately, jingamin, as I have the very same reaction to whole cactus (long lasting muscle tension, short breath, overall pressure), and can tolerate only purified substance.
I believe that this is the effect of some other active compounds in the cactus. It seems that some people are much more sensitive to it than others. Also some cacti likely contain more of this unwanted or unpleasant compounds.

Wouldn't pure mescaline do that? And. Do you also have restless legs syndrome even after the effects of the cactus wear off?

doubledog
#14 Posted : 10/8/2021 8:22:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pure mescaline does not cause these effects for me, but I think that some magic is lost with extraction.

Some of the muscle tension lasts next day after experience itself, but I don't have issues with restless legs.

jingamin
#15 Posted : 10/8/2021 8:33:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

doubledog wrote:
Pure mescaline does not cause these effects for me, but I think that some magic is lost with extraction.

Some of the muscle tension lasts next day after experience itself, but I don't have issues with restless legs.

Thank you buddy. Let's see what our other friends have to say. Because even now I'm clenching my teeth involuntarily.

antichode
#16 Posted : 10/8/2021 10:28:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ehhh mescaline is an amphetamine so it can produce real tension in the body. It’s not something I noticed when I first started consuming cacti as I drank a lot of alcohol and I think this kind of balanced out the stimulant properties but now that I’m older and less inclined to drink much I really notice the stimulant effects. I do not get sever cramping of muscle spasms but my whole body twitches and jerks about when I’m on a good dose and a low dose has me clenching my jaw for hours. These days if I eat 400mg at 9am I’m not sleeping properly untill 24 hours later!

To that end. I would try adding some alcohol to the mix as I think it smoothies out the rough edges. It does leave you more worse for wear the next day but honestly no sleep for me is far more brutal on my body and mind. And the beer or wine tastes quite marvellous while your heading into and out of the cactus headspace.

downwardsfromzero
#17 Posted : 10/8/2021 10:55:47 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
mescaline is an amphetamine
well, phenethylamine but yeah. 24hrs on the go is quite normal for me too. And a little beer really does seem to help with this one! Just one normal serving, even. The mesc might even serve as a neuroprotectant. Maybe.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

jingamin
#18 Posted : 10/9/2021 9:39:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

antichode wrote:
Ehhh mescaline is an amphetamine so it can produce real tension in the body. It’s not something I noticed when I first started consuming cacti as I drank a lot of alcohol and I think this kind of balanced out the stimulant properties but now that I’m older and less inclined to drink much I really notice the stimulant effects. I do not get sever cramping of muscle spasms but my whole body twitches and jerks about when I’m on a good dose and a low dose has me clenching my jaw for hours. These days if I eat 400mg at 9am I’m not sleeping properly untill 24 hours later!

To that end. I would try adding some alcohol to the mix as I think it smoothies out the rough edges. It does leave you more worse for wear the next day but honestly no sleep for me is far more brutal on my body and mind. And the beer or wine tastes quite marvellous while your heading into and out of the cactus headspace.

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Quote:
mescaline is an amphetamine
well, phenethylamine but yeah. 24hrs on the go is quite normal for me too. And a little beer really does seem to help with this one! Just one normal serving, even. The mesc might even serve as a neuroprotectant. Maybe.

My dear friends, I thought about this too, but can alcohol and mescaline be combined together?
And Does anyone know if Peyote causes these side effects?

downwardsfromzero
#19 Posted : 10/10/2021 8:14:46 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

jingamin wrote:
My dear friends, I thought about this too, but can alcohol and mescaline be combined together?
And Does anyone know if Peyote causes these side effects?
As I've said, I've drunk a very modest amount of beer towards the later parts of a cactus tea journey and it was absolutely fine. There was some reasoning behind this - besides the known vasodilatory effect of alcohol and the relaxing effects of hops, there was an article in a magazine about someones experiences visiting a Peyote- and chicha-fuelled carnival in San Luis Potosi or Catorce Real (somewhere like that in Mexico, my recollection is hazy) which led me to consider it's totally OK to have a bit of beer with mescaline if you're not an alcoholic.

FWIW, with me it's LSD that causes the muscular twitching and cramping effects in the latter part of the experience - super annoying. Then again, I don't think I ever tried adding alcohol to that situation. There was a time with some 1P-ETH-LAD (basically, LSD) where it all went smoothly - apart from falling over and smacking my head on a table due to oral cannabis induced postural hypotension, but that's another story - where I vaguely recollect having had some alcohol. I certainly avoided any of the cramping and maybe it was the oral cannabis that helped just as much.

Of course, oral cannabis plus cactus tea has the potential to get very heavy indeed!

YMMV, take good care.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli