We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
TV shows Options

null24
#1 Posted : 12/25/2019 3:00:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I literally went years without looking at a television screen because, well, you know, programming but recently have been taking part in "binge watching" a few shows that I must say are quite remarkable in the chances they are taking with content, characters, and storylines, and the state of the art of film technology is allowing for the production of some truly good stuff.

Several of these shows have a very pronounced psychedelic bent, and while I get that TV is TV and again-PROGRAMMING- but some of this stuff I just have to recommend. I'm going to lost out a free of the better ones I've watched lately and want to know what y'all think.

I'm really into scifi and horror, so that colors my choices here:

WATCHMEN- I've never read the comic nor seen the 90's movie, but this show is incredible. Lindeloff actually finished the story.

MANIAC- again, unfamiliar with the source material, but found the story that at it's core is about the challenges of living with a mental health diagnosis compelling, the characters funny and fascinating and the production values are excellent.

OA- Issues with narrative aside, being a sorry of jumbled mess of concepts in the second season that weakened it for me, the OA deals with some stuff that I would've found laughable were it not for some DMT experiences. Auto-asana and psychic octopuses are cool with me.

There's The Expanse, with it's realism in space, good science and world construction that seems more prophetic than anything to me, The Terror first season with some incredible acting by British stalwarts, The Haunting of Hill House and it's deliberate mind-f***ery.

All great shows, very entertaining and great wastes of time if you're bored and in need. I'm looking for new ones to watch.

I fell off Hillier after a few episodes because I hate being lied to (I'm thinking about dropping some of the podcasts I listen to if they don't stop claiming this show is a documentary) but I'm looking for a good one that deals with UFO/paranormal stuff...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Tony6Strings
#2 Posted : 12/25/2019 4:03:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

LOVED Watchmen series Null. Check out the graphic novel and the film they are both good.

Oh and check out Servant. It's horror-ish psychological thriller series on Apple plus.

Also I am getting really into Mr. Robot.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

GoneWiththeWind
#3 Posted : 12/25/2019 5:17:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It sounds like we have a similar taste in shows. You’ve got to see legion, for me it’s the pinnacle of the “psychedelic fiction” genre.

FranLover
#4 Posted : 12/25/2019 8:49:14 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

As far as new releases go, The Irishman was a 10/10. If you want a series to watch, watch Elfen Lied, you wont regret it, trust me. Its only 13, 20 min episodes.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

hug46
#5 Posted : 12/25/2019 11:28:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you haven't already, watch The Wire. The only downside to this series is that, after having watched it, every other tv series that you decide to watch will be pointless...

#6 Posted : 12/26/2019 12:44:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

hug46 wrote:
If you haven't already, watch The Wire. The only downside to this series is that, after having watched it, every other tv series that you decide to watch will be pointless...

Watched the wire through and through some years back. Excellent story/storylines, covering from all the different perspectives in the story.

I don't care for crime dramas lol, but this show was actually very well done. Thumbs up