We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Graffiti artist BAER's entheogenic inspired art Options

tregar
#1 Posted : 12/23/2017 10:58:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.juxtapoz.com...ures/baer-an-experience/
hxxps://www.juxtapoz.com/news/magazine/features/baer-an-experience/

Amazing article on this talented graffiti artist who paints under the influence of entheogens.

more of his graffiti art:
https://www.google.com/s...i13i5i30k1.0.jUt1Q95Tlxc

Baer:
Quote:
My nervous system has been terribly damaged from spray paint inhalation, and after receiving cycles of Kambo (frog secretion medicine from the Amazon), my bladder functions are normal. It’s magic.
Good for him! He also reports on his healing Ayahuasca session in the interview.

Interviewer: Psychedelics, MDMA, ketamine, mescaline and opiates have all been included in your work many times over, you obviously are a huge proponent of some of these substances. Which do you believe have been the most beneficial to you personally?
BAER:
Quote:
Attempting to paint under the influence of different chemical structures has always played a vital role in my creative process. I love tripping out in sewers and abandoned buildings, sometimes getting lost in the darkness as I peek behind the veil. If used without mindfulness, entheogens can have an incredibly damaging effect on the brain and, much like graffiti, become self destructive over time. Working with DMT is different. I have been beyond the “laser show” lies, true healing, and answers. DMT saved my life and cured a devastating drug addiction in a single experience. Unlike other entheogens that are hallucinations, DMT is a technological device with its own intelligence used for inter-dimensional travel and communication with the other side. It is not a fabrication of the mind. It is the vehicle our souls use to leave our Earth vessels. The ride in the DMT UFO is the best ride a human can embark on.

You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

null24
#2 Posted : 12/24/2017 8:05:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Besides lightning storms, good graffiti is the thing I miss about the east coast. The only decent stuff in my town is done by paid artists who take weeks with hired people to finish a piece, often on a new restaurant in a gentrified hood.

Graff has always been heavily influenced by psychedelic, it is the invisible art form produced by the invisible members of the psychedelic revolution, that is the not wealthy, not white ones. It's interesting to see this guy's open stance.

I've often wondered if the reason drugs aren't mentioned more often as a inspiration for Graff being the danger that drugs represent to ethnic and impoverished communities. Even if use can be called beneficial or creative, it will probably be castigated from within and outside the community it grows from.

I like this quote from the article:
Quote:
If used without mindfulness, entheogens can have an incredibly damaging effect on the brain and, much like graffiti, become self destructive over time. Working with DMT is different. I have been beyond the “laser show” lies, true healing, and answers. DMT saved my life and cured a devastating drug addiction in a single experience. Unlike other entheogens that are hallucinations, DMT is a technological device with its own intelligence used for inter-dimensional travel and communication with the other side. It is not a fabrication of the mind. It is the vehicle our souls use to leave our Earth vessels. The ride in the DMT UFO is the best ride a human can embark on.

Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Cactus Man
#3 Posted : 12/25/2019 9:47:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have always loved Art and specifically Graffiti!

Thanks for posting this, he made some really cool stuff!

Thumbs up

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 12/25/2019 6:37:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very cool, thanks for sharing this. My love and I enjoyed looking through some of his art.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

SynKyd
#5 Posted : 1/12/2020 5:15:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wonderful article, thank you for sharing that! Love his McKenna reference as well as the previously quoted paragraph on DMT, he may be on to something there-
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.