We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
anyone puposefully had a bad trip for research? Options

Enleyetener
#1 Posted : 12/13/2019 2:53:18 AM
IN-LYE-10

basically looking to see if there might be a thread on here or subset of dmt peeps who seek dark or even horrific experiences for one reason or another (im sure to humble the ego) and what advantages they see in having a TERRIBLE SCARY trip as opposed to a more positive experience

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

JCpenny420
#2 Posted : 12/13/2019 4:01:09 AM

Cats rule!

This then begs the question; Are we even able to control our trip with intent? good or bad?
"Reality is only an illusion"

Enleyetener
#3 Posted : 12/13/2019 8:12:59 PM
IN-LYE-10

ive heard trip reports of people being able to control their visions on smaller doses, dont remember if it was by singing or not though. Also not sure how credible these original sources were either, but thats a great question that i dont think we will know the answer to, for quite sometime.

Achilles
#4 Posted : 12/13/2019 11:13:25 PM

I is the obstacle.

I doubt anyone has intentionally tried to have a bad trip but if there is someone who has, I’m sure they only tried once cause if they succeeded I guarantee they learned their lesson. Dmt experiences are jarring enough without things going bad. I’ve had a scary trip in which I began to panic and it made me go a good while without touching any psychs out of fear it might happen again. If anyone reads this and is thinking about intentionally trying to have a “dark” trip I’d strongly advise against it for the sake of their own mental health. Tbh though a big thing with dmt is acceptance. So I guess if someone was looking to have a bad or scary trip they may be unable simply because thats what they’re hoping for and arnt afraid. By accepting whatever happens they have already probably let go mentally and will probably just experience ego death and end up having a beautiful transcendental experience which kinda defeats the purpose lol. BUT I’d still advise against anyone trying this because if they actually get what they want and arnt as brave as they think they are well.... they’re gonna have a bad time.
This guys ego ^

null24
#5 Posted : 12/14/2019 2:03:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

When I was a teen, we used to drop acid and go to this paupers graveyard in a really bad part of Atlanta that was like an archetype for scary-ass places. The trees that had taken over the place took on twisted human forms even sober, the ground was a waffle-pattern of sunken un-backfilled Graves 50 to 100 years old, some with rotted wood markers with strange (to us) Caribbean and African religions symbols. There was a slaughter house on on side of the place and you could hear the cows scream, and a drive-in on the other always playing 80's slasher flicks and you could glimpse a scream-queen or a killer with a knife through the trees. Part of the thrill was the challenging ourselves in a "high"tened state, the other part was we were dip-$#its. Chestnut Hill, crazy place.

We also spent a lot of time on drugs in an old abandoned women's prison covered in satanic graffiti dodging skinheads, or driving around (that should have been the scary part) high looking for the worst part of town, six of us crammed into an old Mustang, none of us old enough to have a driver's license...

Ah, my formative years growing up in Atlanta in the 80's...

Does that count, and if so, how could intentionally freaking ourselves out help you again?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Metta-Morpheus
#6 Posted : 12/14/2019 1:04:44 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

10!? Whoa. At that age I was only getting high off Dr Pepper and sweet tarts staying up till 1 in the morning.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

DreadedShaman
#7 Posted : 12/14/2019 3:28:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Metta-Morpheus wrote:
10!? Whoa. At that age I was only getting high off Dr Pepper and sweet tarts staying up till 1 in the morning.

Right? At least I'm not the only one.

bismillah
#8 Posted : 12/14/2019 5:21:19 PM

My Personalized Tag

Metta-Morpheus wrote:

I think he means when he was "ten out of ten". Like, "young and beautiful".

I had a bad trip only once, and let me tell you, the amount of money you would have to pay me to do it again is out of the budget of most researchers. And I'm not sure how you could trigger and bad trip anyways, except by suddenly throwing someone into intolerable conditions and then giving them psychedelics without their knowledge. I'm not sure any ethics board would approve.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Loverofallthings
#9 Posted : 12/14/2019 7:54:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Does that count, and if so, how could intentionally freaking ourselves out help you again?

you're funny. Thumbs up

The only trips that I have had which I would consider bad orbited significant life problems which I was ignoring and attempted to continue to ignore during the trip. They were a series of mushroom trips which turned me off of them for years.

I've never had a nightmare trip. Sure, some visions on DMT have been kinda scary...one-eyed gate keepers and dissolution of your physical self are pretty unnerving, but I don't consider them bad when juxtaposed to the last few misery-infused, un-ignorable, existentially horrific mushroom experiences of my twenties.

I don't think any amount of horror movies or dark graveyards or cruel scenes could provoke anything that compares.

-Lover

Tony6Strings
#10 Posted : 12/14/2019 8:40:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Metta-Morpheus wrote:

Bet you he meant teen, and his device auto corrected him. I hate that.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

null24
#11 Posted : 12/15/2019 4:11:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

That's what I get for posting from my phone. No, at ten I was still playing with Star Wars toys and exploring the gateway of refined sugars....
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

SofaSwim
#12 Posted : 12/15/2019 8:55:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some drugs seem to lend themselves more to scary trips than others. None of the datura trip reports I have read seem pleasant, most people seem to never touch it a second time. Heard quite mixed things about Amanita's as well. I think anyone that does datura (and has done even a little research on it) is expecting an unpleasant trip, and probably wants to do it still out of some sort of curiosity.

As for controlling trip with intent, I think it would be very difficult. You could control it with setting though, haunted house, very busy places, important social settings, ect. You could force yourself to have a bad time through that. There used to be a vice series where a guy did acid in a wide variety of settings, seemed pretty miserable. I can't see what you would gain from that though.

Achilles
#13 Posted : 12/15/2019 10:31:15 PM

I is the obstacle.

SofaSwim wrote:
Some drugs seem to lend themselves more to scary trips than others. None of the datura trip reports I have read seem pleasant, most people seem to never touch it a second time. Heard quite mixed things about Amanita's as well. I think anyone that does datura (and has done even a little research on it) is expecting an unpleasant trip, and probably wants to do it still out of some sort of curiosity.

As for controlling trip with intent, I think it would be very difficult. You could control it with setting though, haunted house, very busy places, important social settings, ect. You could force yourself to have a bad time through that. There used to be a vice series where a guy did acid in a wide variety of settings, seemed pretty miserable. I can't see what you would gain from that though.

True.. salvia produces dysphoria... great for challenging trips
This guys ego ^

Metta-Morpheus
#14 Posted : 12/16/2019 12:25:13 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

null24 wrote:
That's what I get for posting from my phone. No, at ten I was still playing with Star Wars toys and exploring the gateway of refined sugars....

I still play with Star Wars toys...😜
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers