We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
salting naphta with vinegar and water Options

volur
#1 Posted : 12/15/2019 9:41:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hi

Great forum, great info!!

Quick questions ..
How much vinegar is enough? (May I use ph (=4?) as indicator?)
What about vinegar/water ratio?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jees
#2 Posted : 12/15/2019 8:22:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
How much vinegar is enough? (May I use ph (=4?) as indicator?)

Mainly yes.

So you talk about a mini A/B, backwashing the naphtha. You will notice the pH will not drop as long as there isn't enough acid to transfer all the present freebase (in the solvent) into its salt form (in the watery phase). As soon as you reach pH 5 or below then all alkaloids are into their salt form in the watery liquid. Supposedly there was shaking and settling. It is strict pH driven, if you look at it this way then there is no reasoning necessary about volumes of acid or ratio's. Just titrate enough acid of whatever sorts until pH drops to at least 5. (6 will also do but you can take a margin)

volur
#3 Posted : 12/16/2019 8:11:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks!

Will try out fore sure.
Didn't even know before going to shop that Vinegar is vinegar/water mix by itselfSmile

volur
#4 Posted : 12/18/2019 6:16:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So, overshooted pH because of wrong use of pH-meter (not calibrated). Got finally solution with pH 2.8.

Evaporating some part of solution (at 100 C) left me with empty container.
Vinegar used was 6% White Vinegar without additives.

Was the temperature wrong, or/and is the low pH problem too?

Any possible tips for successful evaporation?

volur
#5 Posted : 12/19/2019 3:27:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

pull with water (add enough acid to keep the water acidic)

Sorry, this wording plus my missing chemistry experience peaked me into paranoia trip.
-in case of white vinegar there is no need for "adding some extra water for watery phase" as watery phase is already included by default in wv, right?

My goal was to get spice out from nps with help of white vinegar and then evaporate this vinegar pull into salt through heating.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=73623
-page here says there is no problem from ph=1.83.

What happens if I just let vinegar pull to sit for longer time?

Also found this tip.

Samadhi-Sukha-Upekkha
The naphtha often turns cloudy. If so, this is a great indicator. Keep adding acidic solution until the naphtha layer turns un-cloudy and it should be empty of alkaloids.

---Turns the solution back to cloudy when adding NaOH?

Jees
#6 Posted : 12/19/2019 4:14:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

volur wrote:
...My goal was to get spice out from nps with help of white vinegar and then evaporate this vinegar pull into salt through heating...
No heating and no evaporation required, the alkaloids are in their salt form in the vinegar/water liquid.

The alkaloids can sit in their 'vinegar stage' forever, no problem. The salt form is very protective for the alkaloids.

When you add a base like NaOH then the pH rises again, the alkaloids become freebase again, and will be going into the naphtha again, and make it cloudy again. These are fundamentals actually. Your questions should be answered by study, sorry if I say so.
Embarrased

PS: vinegar at the store is indeed water + acetic acid (5 to 7% usually). Pure acetic acid exist and is called glacial acetic acid.

Drop that Xbox and study Twisted Evil
Love

volur
#7 Posted : 12/20/2019 9:12:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Jees!

You are absolutely right, I need to study.

No heating and no evaporation required, the alkaloids are in their salt form in the vinegar/water liquid.

Ok but is there no way to get these DMT salts out from solution? Some aliens said -Hey mortal man. You can get to DMT-acetate if you evaporate vinegar.
WEre they wrong?

endlessness
if you evap vinegar, it will leave you with dmt acetate, which is a goo. Some people in the nexus seem to have been successfull converting dmt acetate to dmt freebase by keeping evapping the dmt acetate with mild heat.

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 12/20/2019 4:18:56 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

volur wrote:
So, overshooted pH because of wrong use of pH-meter (not calibrated). Got finally solution with pH 2.8.

Evaporating some part of solution (at 100 C) left me with empty container.
Vinegar used was 6% White Vinegar without additives.

Was the temperature wrong, or/and is the low pH problem too?

Any possible tips for successful evaporation?

Describe exactly what you did, from start (bark?) to finish.

Low pH will not be a problem here.

On the face of it, it seems there was nothing in the naphtha for the vinegar to pull in the first place. That is, assuming the vinegar and naphtha were mixed sufficiently before separating.

Quote:
Ok but is there no way to get these DMT salts out from solution? Some aliens said -Hey mortal man. You can get to DMT-acetate if you evaporate vinegar.
WEre they wrong?
Evaporating a (purported) solution of DMT in acetic acid will leave you with however much DMT acetate there is present in the solution, as long as the evaporation temperature is not too high. If there was no DMT present in the naphtha prior to washing with the vinegar, you won't recover any DMT acetate by evaporating the vinegar.
Quote:
endlessness
if you evap vinegar, it will leave you with dmt acetate, which is a goo. Some people in the nexus seem to have been successfull converting dmt acetate to dmt freebase by keeping evapping the dmt acetate with mild heat.
Note that this is old information and people don't especially recommend freebasing the acetate with heat any more. The results of smoking freebase(?) obtained in this manner were less than satisfactory in the long run, including breathing difficulties reported by one user.

Quote:
You are absolutely right, I need to study.
This really is the nub of it Wink

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Jees
#9 Posted : 12/20/2019 11:05:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Best way of study for good results is reading all the teks. Yes it takes time. Then you will find the basic principles shining trough them. The nexus likes it when people make it a bit of a life style/purpose/dedication. There is good reason for doing so, because it is a serious thing to fiddle with ones soul! The study can be seen as a rite of passage, sort off.
The questionnaire is like that too. Stimulating people to study. Getting acquainted sounds more fun than study.

There was a time I thought one could simply drink the backwash liquid (the liquid you wanted to evap). Luckily people here told me not to do so. So I understand being 'naive' as we were all naive once. We never stop being naive actually only the border progresses. If you show being of good will, people will help. I happens no answer comes by coincidence, wait for a week and come back to your point friendly, chances will rise.

happy trials Thumbs up