We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Game Over Options

EphemeralTruth
#1 Posted : 11/15/2019 4:43:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Trip Report:

This was not good.

After a failed blastoff using 50mg white freebase in a GVG (not sure what I did but only experienced light effects, similar to 10-15 mg), I tried again with another 50mg (and didn't change the base of peppermint that I had put down for the first attempt). This time I modulated the smoke with inhale rate instead of lighter distance from the coil... 1 very large hit of thick smoke resulted.

I blasted off in a way that was terrifying. Like more than normal DMT terrifying. If normal is like being shot out of cannon, this was like being shot out of a railgun. Where a normal trip normally "arrives", this one continued to explode in intensity to what felt like infinity. I distinctly remember an entity or something saying "HURRAY YOU DID IT! JACKPOT, GAME OVER!" and things kind of exploded the way you'd expect a slot machine to when you hit a huge jackpot. My body was utterly paralyzed and this felt like dying. I was truly worried there was no coming back from this and for some time just felt myself being ripped to shreds. At some point I remember feeling like a ragdoll, with all the pieces of me broken and shattered, and thinking to myself that dying wouldn't really matter since there wasn't anything of "me" left anymore.

After what felt like a true eternity, I finally realized I was in my bed again... but like a beaten dog I was afraid to open my eyes, to move, to even think. It felt like I had been gone a very long time. I could barely remember my life or even what day it was for a little while. I looked outside blankly and just felt grateful to be alive still.

This trip scared the crap out of me. I think I ended up ingesting 80-90 mg, since I suspect the original dose was still liquid in the GVG when I reloaded. This was a HUGE mistake, and I caution anyone against ever doing this. I never want to experience that kind of shattering again, it was really pretty traumatic. It truly felt like dying. Stay safe guys. I'll be looking to do lower doses and maybe add harmalas in the future to soften the experience. I'd love to hear if any of you have had similar experiences. Is this possibly a "hyperslap" as it's known?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Exitwound
#2 Posted : 11/15/2019 5:59:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ouch, sounds familiar and painful.

Such strong experiences can be traumatic for your psyche. Take some time off, to let your mind heal and integrate. For me it took several months to get back to baseline after my trip to "game over" land.

"Hyperslap", much like "Breakthrough" is subjective and hard to define, but if you feel like you got too careless and got "punished" for your carelessness, then it might be a sign to learn your lesson and start taking things more seriously Smile

Tony6Strings
#3 Posted : 11/15/2019 6:00:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I enjoyed reading your trip report. Welcome to the Nexus!
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

EphemeralTruth
#4 Posted : 11/15/2019 2:49:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound wrote:
Ouch, sounds familiar and painful.

Such strong experiences can be traumatic for your psyche. Take some time off, to let your mind heal and integrate. For me it took several months to get back to baseline after my trip to "game over" land.

"Hyperslap", much like "Breakthrough" is subjective and hard to define, but if you feel like you got too careless and got "punished" for your carelessness, then it might be a sign to learn your lesson and start taking things more seriously Smile

I have certainly tried very hard to take this seriously at every step of the process, from research to extraction to the experience. Unfortunately, the GVG is quite tricky to use just right and I have little enough experience that I'm still working on the technique. I don't think I was being careless, though this is still a good lesson to learn about the consequences of too high a dose.

If anything, I think I might just be a little impatient to experience some of the wonders I've read about. I'll take it slower from now on though. There's plenty of time to explore this stuff.

#5 Posted : 11/15/2019 3:35:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Thanks for writing the report. Smile

Yep, the waters run deep. Sometimes deeper than we wish to go.

Best of future dives <3

corpus callosum
#6 Posted : 11/15/2019 4:56:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

EphemeralTruth wrote:
Trip Report:

This was not good.

After a failed blastoff using 50mg white freebase in a GVG

I distinctly remember an entity or something saying "HURRAY YOU DID IT! JACKPOT, GAME OVER!" and things kind of exploded the way you'd expect a slot machine to when you hit a huge jackpot.

I'd love to hear if any of you have had similar experiences. Is this possibly a "hyperslap" as it's known?

50mg freebase DMT via the GVG in one breath would be a shattering experience, especially if one uses a bed of steel wool/copper scrubber in place of leaf material. I have always found that the approach of using a torch lighter with such a metal bed massively increases the rate of efficient and full vaporization episodes, and hence 25-30mg is more than enough.

I can empathise with the message and its mode of delivery you received; 45mg taught me that apparently I "wanted to see it? Didn't ya? Hey you did, didn't ya!!" before utter chaos unfolded.

I cannot envision what a full 80+mg dose would do, and I don't really feel the lesser for admitting that I don't want to know.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

coAsTal
#7 Posted : 11/15/2019 5:18:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm with corpus-- never ever re-load when you know you weighed for your failed hit-- the DMT doesn't just disappear, unless it dripped into your pipe shaft or something, which you should be able to see in glass pipes.
Technique is everything, that's why the universal advise given to new people is to learn to use the GVG properly with 15 or 20mg hits, which will send you to a great place consistently, BEFORE you chuck a big pile of crystals on there.

I worship my GVG, and over the years I know what herbs and what types of flame will do to get what I want-- but you have to ramp up carefully until you know you're consistently heating the ceramic heat spreader to get a solid, thorough hit each time.

That said, there's nothing like a nice Cosmic Fuck You(TM) to re-align your efforts to master the craft Big grin

Exitwound
#8 Posted : 11/15/2019 8:40:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, with machine I always preheat the mesh thus burning out and running down the bottle the remains. Bottle can then be washed to reclaim and you make sure you don't dive into the Mariana Trench instead of pleasant coral reef dive.

DreadedShaman
#9 Posted : 11/15/2019 9:21:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll also echo coAsTal and corpus,. This sounds about what 50mg I one efficiently vaporized toke does to me, burn out any remaining residue before blasting off should prevent an accidental hyperslap

About 30mg seems to be a sweet spot for me to travel comfortably.

And always know how much you're taking, don't do what I've done and just scooped (I have since figured out a proper way to measure)

I've always guessed it was around 75-80mg, I know I didn't clear my pipe, probably still had spice left in the quartz banger, everything set in before I could clear the pipe, or put it down. I didn't hold my breath at all, and to date it is still the strongest/most horrifying DMT experience I've ever had.

Exitwound
#10 Posted : 11/16/2019 1:33:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Uncleaned pipe (lab retort) and previous smoker didn't smoke it all, added 40mg - lesson learned once and for all. Vomiting because of coughing spasm while tripping balls to the wall - not fun.

So - clean your devices, gentlemen.

Anonymous2
#11 Posted : 11/16/2019 5:07:59 PM
The more you know

--- removed by the user ---

Anonymous2
#12 Posted : 11/16/2019 5:44:43 PM
The more you know

--- removed by the user ---

Deadpan
#13 Posted : 12/13/2019 5:47:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've had a similar experience but I finally "reached a destination" which was my room and I was trapped in it I was watching myself just waking up again, and again which felt like it was going on for an infinite time. It was very traumatic. I haven't touched it since, but feel like I may take the leap of faith again soon.

Felnik
#14 Posted : 12/13/2019 6:31:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You really don't know what your dealing with until your ready to flush it all down the toilet.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

EphemeralTruth
#15 Posted : 12/25/2019 6:15:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just a quick update:

I've done the spice again a few times since the Traumatic Experience. It took me a couple weeks to be ready to try it again, but I eventually did. The next experience on 40mg was strong enough to be mostly scary (unfortunately), and was still accompanied by unpleasant body load (from impurities I believe). What I did realize, though, is that I finally figured out the technique and am consistently hitting it.

After doing my first ReX with my whole stash (86% recovery!), next time I went with 15 mg and had a light but meaningful experience about the importance of truly letting go and surrendering to it.

After this, I loaded up 25 mg, meditated for 20 minutes, then smoked it while gentle piano music played through headphones. By totally letting go and focusing on the music during the come up, I had a really beautiful experience that left me feeling grateful and happy.

The takeaways are:

1. Learn the technique. Don't risk big doses until you do, and 25-30mg is plenty.

2. Never reload after a failed hit unless you cleaned the pipe first.

3. Respect the experience: clearing your mind really seems to help: I'm going to meditate first from now on

4. ReX your spice. I got a hairball and some gross goopy yellow stuff out 1.7g of it, and the cleaned spice did NOT have the unpleasant body load of the original (original felt a little like continuous electrocution). Yield was 86% from the ReX, and I think it was well worth the loss. I'm no longer worried that my spice is harming me, which makes the trips much easier to enjoy as well.

Hope this helps some folks! Safe travels. Harmalas, Changa, Pharma, and E-Vape are my next challenges Smile

P.S. After doing DMT, my 4-Aco-DMT trip (20mg + 2 puffs of cannabis) was INSANE. I was not prepared for how much the experience would change after having done DMT. The mind goes so deep it is crazy.

Honzi
#16 Posted : 12/25/2019 7:03:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It sounds hectic mate, I can relate. I only smoked 50mg via GVG a couple of times and personally don’t feel like I need to go to this territory again. It wasn’t as terrifying for me as I pretty much passed out on the exhale and I only vaguely remember what happened next. I don’t seem to be able to remember anything after such a high dose other than I was looking at something incompressible. For me 30mg does the trick and lately even 20-25. I had a couple of journeys on 30mg which scared the crap out of me so the respect for the spice is now hardwired in me-)
I hope this lesson will serve you well in your future journeysThumbs up

FranLover
#17 Posted : 12/26/2019 12:54:23 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Sounds like a good trip to me, EphemeralTruth, All that beautiful emptiness ! The being ripped to shreds part isnt good though.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

JKW
#18 Posted : 12/26/2019 9:27:00 PM

Like a stone in the shoe...

I live for trips like this.

I love the intense cosmic roller coaster experience. Big grin

My last trip I saw these white bunny rabbits just hopping around. A little boring. I was disappointed.

I too use the GVG with steel mesh. Much better than with herbs.

Nibs
#19 Posted : 2/8/2020 12:15:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah yes, nothing like a good old fashioned ego death to help put you in your place 🙃. Mindset is absolutely paramount before travelling, and meditation is a very useful tool for preparation. I have had absolutely mind blowing trips that brought tears of joy to my eyes, and then on a separate journey 20 minutes later I experienced extreme anxiety and uncomfortable thought loops because my mental state had already shifted enough to have a profound effect. Hyperspace will magnify your mind set and take you in a completely different direction.

Training yourself to be in control of your mind pre-flight (and every day life) is one of the most rewarding challenges DMT will school you on.

mayaself
#20 Posted : 2/18/2020 7:25:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

12NEXT