We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cold-washing jurema Options

bismillah
#1 Posted : 12/10/2019 3:41:05 PM

My Personalized Tag

Stumbled across a post where someone mentioned making a mimosa tea simply by putting some amount of bark material in a jar with some amount of cold water, shaking it, and leaving it for a week. This supposedly leaves intact some of the other psychoactive components of the bark which are destroyed / lost in extractions or hot brews.
Upon further searching, I found more posts talking about the same idea, but they were all terribly vague and non-descriptive (How much water was used? How much bark is a good dose? With or without harmalas?).

Based on what I've managed to find (not much), I assume 10g of jurema washed for a week with a cup - 2 cups of cold water, filtered, and then drunk with the typical 3g of rue is a moderately strong ayahuasca-ish experience. What do you think?
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Legarto Rey
#2 Posted : 12/11/2019 9:14:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

See last paragraph of this interesting primary citation. "Vinho da jurema" is a traditional prep. Requires more plant material, 25-35g, typically ingested without an adjunctive RIMA.

No teacher like, self bio-assay. Be careful!

https://catbull.com/alam...thek/1997_ott_7105_1.pdf

Peace

some one
#3 Posted : 12/11/2019 10:14:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I posted about this, compiled from various posts, and also tried it. What I can say is that it tastes horrible (tannins). Couldn't drink.
some = one | here = some | there = one

Vorbis
#4 Posted : 12/11/2019 12:33:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jonathan Ott did a lot of work with cold water extracts of MHRB and found them to be active without an MAOI.

In the article below he uses 25g of bark and extracts twice with 125ml cold tap water, soaking for 1 hour each.

https://erowid.org/plant...imosa/mimosa_info2.shtml

Vorbis
#5 Posted : 12/11/2019 12:41:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just noticed Ott’s work is already mentioned above by Legarto Rey! Kindly ignore my contribution...Laughing

bismillah
#6 Posted : 12/11/2019 12:42:32 PM

My Personalized Tag

some one wrote:
I posted about this, compiled from various posts, and also tried it. What I can say is that it tastes horrible (tannins). Couldn't drink.

Have you tried adding honey? Sugar masks the taste of anything.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Legarto Rey
#7 Posted : 12/11/2019 10:06:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Fun topic, where ever the root takes us! MHRB, pulverized or powdered...BIG carrier! Kinda the deal with, DMT extract. Loaded!

Practice/learn, a RIMA tek that works for you. Henceforth, light bringing plants, WILL reveal themselves. Once so initiated, minor "doses" of DMT vehicles will shatter the realm. Honey? Can't hurt.

With sufficient RIMA, chacruna, chaliponga, MHRB, ACRB...and others, deliver.

About the Christmas season, these medicines, disintegrate the usual. Reintegration can be healthful around the Solstice!

Peace