We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
chrysanthemum or (Waiting Room) info? Options

Enleyetener
#1 Posted : 12/10/2019 9:12:56 PM
IN-LYE-10

Another new user's post got me thinking, about the fables waiting room or chrysanthemum I've heard
the mckenna speak on time and time again, I wonder WHY I was stuck here, if this is where i was... I was at the point where i thought i melted my brain, thinking this would last forever ... this is when everything became made of this weird circular gemoetry seeming to kind of pulse slowly... I saw the geometry almost right away though... it was an orange and purple color i believe.. i guess my fear stopped me at the waiting room...here is an exerpt from the post that got me thinking.

"I THINK, that I was hyper-slapped, I saw the geometry then as quick as I went in, I was shot back out and was bugged. I thought, at the time, that I scared myself out of the trip because I thought I stopped breathing."

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas or useful info or stories about this matter, maybe differences or similarities in what you understand as the waiting room or chrysanthemum? All perspectives and corrections are welcome and desired. Thank you very much! Very happy

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jees
#2 Posted : 12/11/2019 5:00:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

Enleyetener wrote:
...I scared myself out of the trip because I thought I stopped breathing...
This is a fairly recurrent theme so that is a comforting realization and there is no record of people who actually got into trouble that way with deems.

A well fitting explanation is the changed time perception so you only feel not to breath for a long time but is not so on a sober clock. A more outspoken effect of likely this is the time-freeze experience. It's good to know these things in advance so one can merely enjoy these effects rather than worry about them as they happen.

In the case of 5meo there is reported that this issue is not to be taken as lightly and actual stop-breathing might occur there. It's the responsibility of the facilitator to take care of this.

Enleyetener
#3 Posted : 12/11/2019 8:56:52 PM
IN-LYE-10

I know about time slowing or stopping, thats not what i was referring to... I was referring to like a permeable membrane of initial hyperspace, that either must be passed through or will be a wall locking you out of hyperspace on the outskirts if that makes sense... it looked "circular" as much as that word could apply... its known as the waiting room or the chrysanthemum by terrence mckenna... just looking for extra anecdotal reports of this area or information in general... thinking maybe intense anxiety can keep you from breaking through?

VibeSurfer
#4 Posted : 12/11/2019 10:54:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would say that classifying certain aspects of DMT trips isn't as necessary as it may seem. Some users tend to focus specific phrases or words, such as "entities", "hyperslap", "Waiting Room", "Ego Death", etc. that give you an idea of something that is happening. These kinds of words and phrases are helpful for understanding, but they are not isolated exact concepts that are going to be the same from person to person. Even the "Presence of an entity" can be a very dynamic experience, though one might think of it as a binary proposition (experiencing the presence of an entity, or not experiencing the presence of an entity).

So if you want to call what you experienced "Being in the waiting room," or a "hyperslap", you sure can. But the difference between "being in the waiting room" and "breaking through" isn't going to be derived from anything other than your DMT dose. A full breakthrough dose is so immersive that you won't be questioning whether or not you made it all the way.

Also, the lack of a good trip doesn't mean it's a bad trip or a hyperslap. Entering into a neutral space that has qualities of nothingness isn't necessarily bad if you ask me, and the occurrence of a neutral or empty trip is common on the spectrum of DMT possibilities.

Either way, I would say that you don't have much to worry about in regard to the experience you described. Safe travels!
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

Enleyetener
#5 Posted : 12/13/2019 8:38:56 PM
IN-LYE-10

VIBE SURFER: great point, that rings very true indeed

TheMemberOne: thanks for the encouragement! And you have a great use of the english language, good job! I think you're right by the way... I think i need to get my mental problems fixed before trudging in too deeply. Give "them" less to toy with maybe lol semi-serious but you make valid points and suggestions. Welcome btw! Glad to see so many new guys joining the ranks Very happy

sbios
#6 Posted : 12/27/2019 12:41:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From my experience, I find when I minimized sensory intakes (being out with friends, events, shows, or distractions...etc) the day or at least hours before and focus on being in calm state of mind, it generally brings me a better state to go into the experience. If you can, say practice breathing and meditation, which I find can be really helpful in the overall experience. Something you can try perhaps if you intend to go deeper instead of increase the amount.

gatezz
#7 Posted : 12/27/2019 6:11:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

VibeSurfer wrote:

So if you want to call what you experienced "Being in the waiting room," or a "hyperslap", you sure can. But the difference between "being in the waiting room" and "breaking through" isn't going to be derived from anything other than your DMT dose. A full breakthrough dose is so immersive that you won't be questioning whether or not you made it all the way.

Agree with the majority of what you said, but I figured I'd give my two cents that it may not be all about dose. Certainly a high dose will take you away effortlessly. However, I've definitely had more powerful experiences on lower doses based on my set and setting. Having the willingness to let the experience take over completely, in whatever way it manifests makes a big difference in "breaking through". OP, I think its worth considering that efforts to push the experience forward towards what you think should be occurring, such as something beyond what is currently happening, may hinder in the process of letting go of yourself.