We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lion's Maine + DMT? Options

faoble
#1 Posted : 12/11/2019 4:40:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What are the effects of Lion's Maine on anxiety, nausea and intensity of the trip? does it make it easier?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

rOm
#2 Posted : 12/12/2019 8:53:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bacopa monnieri is good for anxiety and lower stres level. Lion's Mane ( not "maine " By the way ) is probablynot a bad thing. I would more use it in adjunction to DMT or psilocybin and harmalas as nootropic and neurogenetic than anxiolitic.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

fathomlessness
#3 Posted : 1/11/2020 5:22:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:
I would more use it in adjunction to DMT or psilocybin and harmalas as nootropic and neurogenetic than anxiolitic.

That's what stamets wants to do: take out a patent on lions mane, niacin and psilocybin combination for neurogenesis.

RhythmSpring
#4 Posted : 1/11/2020 7:30:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lion's Mane in my opinion synergizes best with magic mushrooms or other mushrooms (Reishi, Amanitas, etc).

Lion's Mane certainly couldn't hurt your trip--it could only make it better.

Although I have never in my ~10 years of taking Lion's Mane on and off experienced a direct decrease in anxiety, it may have indirectly resolved some anxiety by enhancing my cognitive abilities and thus improving my performance.

Lion's Mane makes me smarter. And it improves my long term and short term memory. I am able to multitask better on it.

It won't improve nausea. If anything, it's a bit of a stinky herb.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

benefitsofa
#5 Posted : 8/21/2022 11:01:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

RhythmSpring wrote:
Lion's Mane in my opinion synergizes best with magic mushrooms or other mushrooms (Reishi, Amanitas, etc).

Lion's Mane certainly couldn't hurt your trip--it could only make it better.

Although I have never in my ~10 years of taking Lion's Mane on and off experienced a direct decrease in anxiety, it may have indirectly resolved some anxiety by enhancing my cognitive abilities and thus improving my performance.

Lion's Mane makes me smarter. And it improves my long term and short term memory. I am able to multitask better on it.

It won't improve nausea. If anything, it's a bit of a stinky herb.

Lion’s mane is a powerful antioxidant. It promotes heart health, improves brain function, and aids in the reduction of anxiety. However, it should be noted that there are limited studies on humans who take this supplement.

dragonrider
#6 Posted : 8/22/2022 3:35:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Most of the substances that effectively reduce anxiety, or rather, most of the substances that are widely recognized as anxiolytics, are so-called GABA-ergics or are in some way involved in GABA-ergic activity.

GABA-ergics however, don't just reduce feelings of anxiety. They also reduce the intensity of psychedelic experiences.

So to put it bluntly: most of the anxiolytics will dull the DMT experience.

I don't know wich anxiolytics do combine well with DMT. NMDA antagonists like ketamine also tend to have anxiolytic effects in some people, but they produce quite powerfull effects by themselves as well, so that would certainly not be something i'd reccomend to fight pre-flight anxiety.

Maybe something like kratom could be effective without realy dulling the experience, as it's no GABA-ergic but a mild opioïd. But don't combine krstom with MAOI's.