We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
When should your last meal for the day be? Options

Nydex
#1 Posted : 4/13/2019 6:57:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello friends,

I want to ask for some advice from someone who's certified or just knows a whole lot about nutrition.

My question is when should the last meal for the day be at the latest? I've seen so many polar opposites on this topic I can't really pin it down. People who've studied nutrition even have different opinions.

I guess the type of my body and the speed of my metabolism really play a role in deciding when my last meal for the day should be, but I would be so, so thankful if someone who has experience and knowledge in the field ask me the right questions about me, so they can determine an approximation of when should I cease consuming calories in the day.

Thanks a lot in advance!
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

IIYI
#2 Posted : 4/13/2019 8:26:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nydex wrote:
Hello friends,

I want to ask for some advice from someone who's certified or just knows a whole lot about nutrition.

My question is when should the last meal for the day be at the latest? I've seen so many polar opposites on this topic I can't really pin it down. People who've studied nutrition even have different opinions.

I guess the type of my body and the speed of my metabolism really play a role in deciding when my last meal for the day should be, but I would be so, so thankful if someone who has experience and knowledge in the field ask me the right questions about me, so they can determine an approximation of when should I cease consuming calories in the day.

Thanks a lot in advance!

For you brother I do not know. You have to try and understand what your zone of comfort is.

But my observations for me are that it is best for me to eat my last meal at Sunset.

When I eat at Sunset I have a few hours before I fall asleep. (4-5-6) That gives my body time to process the food. Then, as I sleep, I have the energy to dream, and the body brings energy into the body's restorative processes.

I dream nice things, and when I wake up I am charged with energy.

When I eat lately
, for example, shortly before I fall asleep. Sometimes I dream unpleasant things or do not dream. My body in the morning is not resting... i am tired. Even sometimes I feel in the morning like having drunk with alcohol because I ate late at night. (or like I had grown like yeast)

When I eat late at night I feel inflated. In the morning I go to the toilet and everything goes ... and I feel hungry. Incredibly hungry. I have to eat right away.

When I eat at Sunset. In the morning, I feel fresh. My body has processed a lot of food and I can take many hours before I get hungry and before I eat my breakfast (the first meal).

I can not tell you the science behind these things, but just observations on my body.

It may be placebo, but it is best for me to have dinner (last meal) at Sunset. Other people may be different.

Try different things and you will know for yourself what works best. Listen to yourself.

I will add something for breakfast.
I noticed that I feel the best and most effective when eat at least 3-4-5 hours after I wake up. Even as I have done physical activity. I give an example that I get up at 6 o'clock in the morning and get breakfast at 14 o'clock. Then my body is awake. Before that i drink a lot of water or tea. ( i love water)

So I have an interval to eat from 14 hours to sunset 18 hours (for example). I eat 2 meals.
But everyone is different, and sometimes I myself violate this rule. I perceive food as something extremely important and fundamental. I also refer to food and eating as a fellowship with the Creator. (as a kind of ritual)I try to chew food more. So my spiritual "body" can eat. But every person is different.

Some people like to eat often. Feeding is extremely personal. As much as you ask, so many different answers will you get. Try different things and find yourself the golden environment for yourself.

Be well, be healthy, be loved Love
Phylogeny repeats Ontogeny - IIYI

dreamer042
#3 Posted : 4/13/2019 8:37:26 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Let me preface this with the fact that I am not a certified nutritionist, just an enthusiastic layman. My information largely comes from Rhonda Patrick and her various interviews with the researchers behind this information.

What I've been able to gather it's simply fasting for 14-16+ hours per day that is important in improving health, but it's not particularly important whether you stop at 4pm or 6 pm or 10 pm as long as you have that window of not eating (or drinking anything besides water).

Personally, I usually have breakfast around 8:30 am and try to finish dinner and my last tea of the night by 6:30 pm, I also tend to cheat on weekends and eat a bit later, which the research showed didn't really effect the benefits.

Here are several links with more information on intermittent fasting/time restricted eating:

Time-restricted eating and longer daily fasting times improved health and longevity independent of calories or diet composition in male mice.

Time-restricted eating prevented obesity and metabolic syndrome in mice with mutations in genes regulating the circadian clocks.

Intermittent fasting increased gut bacteria diversity, reduced inflammation, demyelination, and axonal damage in multiple sclerosis (MS) animal model.

Early Time-Restricted Feeding Improves Insulin Sensitivity, Blood Pressure, and Oxidative Stress Even without Weight Loss in Men with Prediabetes

A clinical trial found a fasting-mimicking diet decreased biomarkers of inflammation in humans. In mice, it reversed pathologies linked to Crohn's.

Intermittent fasting could improve obese women's health

Satchin Panda, Ph.D. on Time-Restricted Feeding and Its Effects on Obesity, Muscle Mass & Heart Health

Dr. Satchin Panda on Practical Implementation of Time-Restricted Eating & Shift Work Strategies
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Nydex
#4 Posted : 4/13/2019 10:18:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks IIYI, eating your last meal of the day earlier definitely has its pros, but sometimes it's hard to fall asleep when you're hungry, if you ate something lighter like a salad and went to bed 5 hours later.

I was looking more for some scientific backup too, and I have dreamer to thank for that. I have already made the observation that if I eat good quality food in reasonable quantities the time I eat it at doesn't change the fact that I feel good from it.

I am looking into this for weight loss means. I am actively exercising, but as we all know, that's only about 25% of the success formula, nutrition and sleep comprising the other 75%.

I'll look into those links dreamer left and really consider trying out such a regime and seeing how it affects me.

Be well! Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

seagull
#5 Posted : 12/9/2019 1:20:54 PM

Hello world!

Lets keep it simple, if you do not exercise or have any movement after your last meal (maybe having a walk). Then you should not be hungry for food. It might just be part of your habit.
You&Iverse

Yugambeh
#6 Posted : 12/9/2019 1:27:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

1-2 hours before bedtime, if you have trouble sleeping have a large carbohydrate meal as the last meal.
Carbohydrates will trigger insulin production and insulin which will calm the CSN and sedate you a little bit.

/Y
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.

Yugambeh
#7 Posted : 12/9/2019 1:29:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From my personal experience and my clients experience it’s easier and better to fast in the morning, and eat until bedtime.

I like to eat my calories later in the the and I have my largest meal before bedtime.

/Y
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.