We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"getting in the mood" bypassing the fear Options

OneIsEros
#1 Posted : 11/22/2019 11:24:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I have heard of this combination, and its reputation for bypassing the fear of vaporizing DMT.

The only thing I will note is that unlike the DMT, nitrous is bad for the brain. For this reason I have personally avoided it.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

No Knowing
#2 Posted : 11/24/2019 12:17:54 PM

fool adept

The fear is a big part of the magic and power of the experience so be aware of dissassociatives that offer an "easy" way out. At best they are just removing some of the benefit of naked DMT, at worst they can open you up to psychic residues that can harm you over time.

I do not recommend dissos with DMT, face your fear and overcome it.
In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended.-J.C. Lilly
The Spice must flow
Zat was Zen and dis is Dao.

KuzeMaf
#3 Posted : 11/24/2019 4:19:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OneIsEros wrote:
unlike the DMT, nitrous is bad for the brain. For this reason I have personally avoided it.

Is this why N2O is the worldwide medical STANDARD for anesthesia?????(i.e. surgical settings)

Please show me some scientifically based evidence to support your claim.

I love N2O, and when used correctly it has a relatively SAFE profile, compared against other dissos.

N2O Combines especially well with DMT. I tend to only mix the 2 on special occasions though.

"Preflight anxiety" is something we all get, but once you get in deeper touch with yourself, and become better aligned, that preflight anxiety leaves. It's pretty rare I get it at all these days.

Light and Love and Travel Well
All is the one....One is the all.

Math. Simple math looks infinite to me.

RhythmSpring
#4 Posted : 11/25/2019 3:46:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

N2O can cause vit. B 12 deficiency. Other than that, it's neurotoxicity seems unclear other than haphazard O2 deprivation.

Source

Still, I would use harmalas for pre-flight anxiety. In my experience it's more grounding. N2O can get a bit head-y for me.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

OneIsEros
#5 Posted : 11/25/2019 10:00:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

KuzeMaf wrote:
OneIsEros wrote:
unlike the DMT, nitrous is bad for the brain. For this reason I have personally avoided it.

Is this why N2O is the worldwide medical STANDARD for anesthesia?????(i.e. surgical settings)

Please show me some scientifically based evidence to support your claim.

I love N2O, and when used correctly it has a relatively SAFE profile, compared against other dissos.

It's a bit strange that you took the statement "unlike DMT, nitrous is bad for the brain" and reacted by saying it's not bad for the brain compared to other dissociatives.

Yes, compared to other dissociatives, N2O has a relatively safe profile. But compared to DMT, it does not.

Dissociatives in general are not exactly "safe" compared to the 4 classic psychedelics, if we're talking about physical toxicity. Ketamine is a good anasthetic too, compared to other dissociatives, in the sense that it can be used with children and elderly people without any significant risk of killing them during surgery. But, people who abuse ketamine end up pissing blood from bladder damage.

Using a dissociative during surgery is a pretty infrequent rate of use, most people only experience anasthetic like that a handful of times in their lives, and the benefit there (painlessness) far exceeds the harm (the experience of having a dentist rip out your teeth).

Using dissociatives frequently involves the harm of neurotoxicity for the benefit of recreation, or in this case, removal of DMT-fear. This does not seem to bear the same calculated cost-benefit weight as surgical use, although I will admit a DMT experience could potentially be beneficial enough to match or exceed the benefits of some dental procedures.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih...pmc/articles/PMC4066238/
"Now research in rodent models has found that homocysteine can be linked to neuronal death and possibly even cognitive deficits."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9546794
"The favorable safety record of N2O may be explained by the low concentrations typically used and by the fact that it is usually used in combination with GABAergic anesthetics that counteract its neurotoxic potential."

HagRaven13
#6 Posted : 11/26/2019 5:09:51 AM

laughter is the best medicine

thanks for all the insight yall, i am aware that its not healthy when used frequently and i was not saying i combine the 2. what i was trying to say is doing it an hour or so before hand leaves me with a nice after glow/clear head which helps before smoking dmt, and i dont suggest it for every time, i just posted this thread because i was stuck with overwhelming fear before a session to the point where it was discouraging and i was seeing many other users being stuck in this "rut" as well, so i thought this might be useful considering it helped me finally break my negative thought loop.

dragonrider
#7 Posted : 11/27/2019 4:43:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Meditation can also help. Practicing mindfullness works even better, for me personally. It helps to get into a positive mindset.

KuzeMaf
#8 Posted : 12/8/2019 6:25:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OneIsEros wrote:

Using a dissociative during surgery is a pretty infrequent rate of use, most people only experience anasthetic like that a handful of times in their lives, and the benefit there (painlessness) far exceeds the harm (the experience of having a dentist rip out your teeth).

Using dissociatives frequently involves the harm of neurotoxicity for the benefit of recreation, or in this case, removal of DMT-fear. This does not seem to bear the same calculated cost-benefit weight as surgical use, although I will admit a DMT experience could potentially be beneficial enough to match or exceed the benefits of some dental procedures.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih...pmc/articles/PMC4066238/
"Now research in rodent models has found that homocysteine can be linked to neuronal death and possibly even cognitive deficits."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9546794
"The favorable safety record of N2O may be explained by the low concentrations typically used and by the fact that it is usually used in combination with GABAergic anesthetics that counteract its neurotoxic potential."

These are great citations but they still don't drive home the claim that "nitrous is bad for the brain." They do however bring to light the need for a modern full spectrum analysis of N2O's pathways (discovering the mechanisms).

When we assay almost any purified molecular compound in the HIGHER dose range, we find neurotoxicity. Over 75% of pharmaceuticals are neurotoxic once the dose is raised beyond the prescribed treatment. This science is basic knowledge (THE DOSE MAKES THE POISION).

I appreciate the energy, but I remain skeptical as to just how harmful N2O actually is.

Also, the rat study doesn't really hold much weight in this conversation. The study itself noted that much more extensive PRIMATE research is necessary.

Light and Love and Travel Well.
All is the one....One is the all.

Math. Simple math looks infinite to me.

DeeMenTalist
#9 Posted : 12/9/2019 2:33:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No Knowing wrote:

I do not recommend dissos with DMT, face your fear and overcome it.

Related to your sentence I like this powerful quote from Dune >>
Quote:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

But sometimes its not so easy to overcome that preflight anxiety and fear. Especially if there is a big gap of time between the trips. Personally I just take longer time to prepare myself. Sometimes it can take a week or two, before I`ll be ready to blast off. And then I just give up and embrace myself to the void. Because you can`t resist that 'calling' from the other side. So there is only one choice, one way...

Trickster
#10 Posted : 12/9/2019 8:26:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Once I used successfully a large dose of dry Amanitas to conquer my 5-MeO-DMT pre-flight anxiety. I managed to smoke around 20 mg of pure crystals. The fear was pretty much gone and I did not care much about what is gonna happen. That was my most powerful psychedelic trip. I went to a place beyond death. I puked twice during the trip but could not recall it. So a good sitter or two is a must during such deep dives.

It would be interesting to do it with DMT someday. I wonder if anybody tried it.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

mad_banshee
#11 Posted : 12/24/2019 1:41:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my experience the key to a fearless experience is total submission. My ritual is to spend a few hours chilling if possible, then hot shower, lie back in bed in a dark room and admit to myself that I am allowing something more powerful than me to overtake me knowing that I'm giving myself over to it. Being afraid only means that you fear not being able to control the experience. Accepting that this journey is going to control you eliminates the fear.
Peace

Mad Banshee

Note that the poster of this message would never actually use or recommend to use illegal substances. He is just an attention seeker and should be considered to be lying about everything he posts and his posts are only for the sake of generating discussion.

observe
#12 Posted : 12/24/2019 5:09:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My first breakthrough i took 8g amanita had splitting headaches and started smoking dmt which made my headaches go away. I spoke to a face in the clouds, and then saw 4 identical women crawling around on my floor looking for their glasses all pre breakthru. This is abnormal for me and i attribute it to the amanita. The improved suggestibility of the delirium and diminished speedy feelings made for reduced anxiety.

I find harmalas to be best for reducing anxiety. I feel quite euphoric and relaxed on harmalas. The dmt trips can be more intense but also more integrated things develop more gradually and the maoi euphoria is less edgy than even mdma in combination with dmt for me. Harmalas also fight the buildup of tolerance so while in this more relaxed state you can continue smoking until satisfied. Goodluck on your journeys.