We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sam Harris interview with Roland Griffiths Options

burnt
#1 Posted : 12/8/2019 10:59:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Good interview by Sam Harris with Roland Griffiths about psychedelic science:

Quote:
https://samharris.org/podcasts/177-psychedelic-science/

Not sure if you need to be subscriber to podcast to hear it but either way worth a listen.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jagube
#2 Posted : 12/8/2019 11:25:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for posting.

burnt wrote:
Not sure if you need to be subscriber to podcast to hear it but either way worth a listen.

No, you don't. An easy way to check this without logging out is by opening it in an incognito window, as that ensures there is no session data / cookies.

But he says in the podcast that in future episodes, only the first half will be available to non-subscribers.

iamdave
#3 Posted : 12/18/2019 10:07:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You do have to be a subscriber to listen to the latter half of that episode. It's approximately three hours long in total.
It seems to me immensely unlikely that mind is a mere by-product of matter. For if my mental processes are determined wholly by the motions of atoms in my brain I have no reason to suppose that my beliefs are true. They may be sound chemically, but that does not make them sound logically. And hence I have no reason for supposing my brain to be composed of atoms.
--JBS Haldane