We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
growing rivea corymbosa aka Ololiuhqui Options

teotenakeltje
#1 Posted : 10/30/2009 2:51:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i've found a vendor that sells ololiuhqui live plants. Does anyone has experience with growing the plants? Do they grow fast (in Northern-Europe)? What's about the yields?
Got a question about morning glory too...it's an annual plant, so it lasts for one year. Do they re-germinate next season then or do i have to sow new seeds then?
thanks

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 10/30/2009 3:08:16 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Ololuiqui is fairly easy to grow.

You could grow it indoors over the winter and it will EXPLODE in the summer (in growth, it won't actually blow upSmile)

I have never seen one die of old age so to speak, so I guess the are not annuals.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

teotenakeltje
#3 Posted : 10/30/2009 6:30:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cool, definatly gonna pick up this beautiful plant...i know Ololiuhqui isn't annual, the other question concerned morning glories, so to speak if i sow morning glory in my garden will it come back every year in summer? (i guess)

kemist
#4 Posted : 10/31/2009 8:22:32 AM

John

teotenakeltje wrote:
so to speak if i sow morning glory in my garden will it come back every year in summer? (i guess)

No mate it will die and dry out. That`s why they having so many seeds . In wild nature it increasing they chance to produce next generation after they die.
ILPT know this surely only for Heavenly blue. Foggy memories saying I. tricolor is most likely the same.
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

rumplestiltskin
#5 Posted : 10/31/2009 9:31:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You will need to re-sow the MG seeds if they don't germinate on their own naturally. I'm pretty sure they will not grow back from their roots like the ololiuhqui will, unless you live near the equator. I have grown the ololiuhqui from seed and it's pretty easy, never got it to flower though. It develops a strange square stem and grows pretty fast. Seems to need a soil that can breathe easily and enjoys fertilizer high in calcium, magnesium, and iron. Mine was planted in the ground in shitty soil and left unprotected during the winter and never came back. With any amount of care it should be simple. Good luck!
Good morning.... good afternoon.... goodnight,
what have you done with your life?
Everybody's time come to be embraced by the light,
you're only scared to die when you're not living right.

Phlux-
#6 Posted : 12/27/2009 5:16:51 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

my rivea used to be in a pot inside - it didnt like that at all, i planted it out now the base is almost as thick as my wrist and the many branches are many meters long - just waiting for it to flower now.
morning glory heavenly blue only liked growing in the ground outdoors for me - not in a pot, and my hbwr is in the ground and happy - decided not to even try it in a pot.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

biopsylo
#7 Posted : 12/30/2009 9:17:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

heavenly blue are super easy to grow, and actually prefer poor soil (sandy/gravely not too many nutrients).
scratch the hard seed coat and soak in water overnight. i planted the swelled seeds in small pots about 2cm deep, and transplanted outside as soon as two large leaves emerge. watch out for slugs and snails, they will decimate young plants! dont forget to train them up stakes or poles of some kind, they love to climb high.
i have seen stands come back year after year, but am pretty sure this is a result of seeds falling in autumn, and re-sprouting in spring.
the smell is divine, and the purplebule tyedye is truely psychedelic in appearance.
peas