We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Question on Acacia Floribunda Options

Rock.0
#1 Posted : 6/16/2018 2:57:55 AM

"Psilocybin makes nicer people

Hey Nexians. Someone I know has recently pruned their Acacia Floribunda, leaving quite a decent sized stack of branches full of phyllodes. I'm wondering with the very heavy rain recently, whether it's worth collecting the phyllodes for an extraction? The reason I'm asking is based on my very limited knowledge, that alkaloid content dramatically decreases following periods of rain and colder weather temperatures. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Northerner
#2 Posted : 6/16/2018 6:34:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I understood that alkaloid yield increased in the hot and dry. That is certainly my experience with acuminata.

But hey, if those branches are just lying there grab them!

There's one sure fire way to find out how much alkaloid they contain. Wink
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

leratiomyces
#3 Posted : 6/16/2018 11:54:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

As northerner said, only one way to find out.....

I'm curious how you went with your floribunda from several months ago. Any joy?
I ask as the one occasion I have checked it, it provided naught.

Rock.0
#4 Posted : 6/17/2018 2:19:02 AM

Thanks guys, that is pretty much in line with what I've read. That said, I'll gather up a small sample and see how i go.

@Leratiomyces, I unfortunately haven't had the opportunity yet to work with the last harvest from Feb (a very hot dry period), its all ground up, sitting in the freezer still. Approx 400g of fresh phyllodes. I'll certainly post my progress with it.

Jagube
#5 Posted : 9/5/2018 11:06:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've pruned my 6-month-old floribunda and I'm cooking it. Twigs and leaves together. Only 55g or so fresh weight, so probably not enough for a single dose, but had to cut them off anyway to give it the desired shape, and any data point will be useful.

I'm planning on drinking it as a tea. Is there any danger in that?

Rock.0
#6 Posted : 9/6/2018 11:28:23 AM

Awesome Jagube, I'm well keen to hear how you go. No danger that I'm aware of, but wait for a more experienced Nexian to answer before consuming. You may need to take it with an MAOI such as syrian rue for it to actually do anything though.

I never ended up doing anything with my last harvest, just been flat out too busy.
I'll look to cook up my 400g of phyllodes in the next few months.

Jagube
#7 Posted : 9/21/2018 2:16:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I drank half of the tea, which was equivalent to 25-27g fresh weight, with a mix of Rue tea and harmalas extracted from Rue.
The tea wasn't bitter, it was actually sweet, like a medicinal syrup of some sort. At the same time it triggered an unconscious response of repulsion, which contrasted with the perceived not-at-all-unpleasant taste.

The dosage, which was guided by my carefulness in approaching untested botanicals, turned out low.

I felt something other than the usual harmala effects. Although I was convinced I could feel a hint of DMT, it was quite distinct.

Next time I'll try more, maybe 75g - 100g fresh.

Rock.0
#8 Posted : 12/7/2019 9:43:05 AM

So over 1 year on,I've still got my acacia floribunda phyllodes sitting in my freezer. Life circumstances prevented me from doing an extraction. I'm still planning on doing it and I'm gathering the materials together to make it happen soon.

But I figured I might try a little self administered bioassay to check for any evidence of alkaloids.
If I followed this Acacia/Rue tek: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=79298 what doses would give me a mild threshold experience?

Rock.0
#9 Posted : 2/24/2020 9:23:10 PM

Finally got around to an extraction and by the looks of it, I can confirm DMT appears to be present in the A. Floribunda I harvested!!
Image.
https://mega.nz/#!KI1hzBYI!-0Qjb...VqM1OUuWUMqwxyFfeOSv0Oiw

Unfortunately I am now having trouble removing these crystals (well it seems to be a bit of a crystal/goo hybrid), as every time I try to scrape them with my room temp razor blade, they melt back to liquid instantly Sad

Can anyone point me in the direction of a solution to this?

Jagube
#10 Posted : 2/25/2020 5:40:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rock.0 wrote:
Unfortunately I am now having trouble removing these crystals (well it seems to be a bit of a crystal/goo hybrid), as every time I try to scrape them with my room temp razor blade, they melt back to liquid instantly Sad

Can anyone point me in the direction of a solution to this?

Do you pour off your naphtha and evaporate the remaining bits and the crystals still remain solid and only melt upon scraping? Or do they melt already during the evaporation?

Are you sure those crystals are DMT indeed?

I've had naphtha pulls from A. floribunda and P. aquatica melt during evaporation.
For the future, a defat of the acidic brew might help. Another solution (if it's DMT indeed) would be to use limonene as the NPS and backsalt it. Then re-base, pull with IPA or acetone and evaporate that.

Rock.0
#11 Posted : 2/25/2020 10:47:54 PM

Jagube wrote:
Do you pour off your naphtha and evaporate the remaining bits and the crystals still remain solid and only melt upon scraping? Or do they melt already during the evaporation?

Yes, the above photo was taken after I poured off the naptha into another glass container (the excess naptha is tinted yellow btw), and put the pyrex container back into the freezer with lid on, upside down to allow any excess naptha to drip off.
Now every time I attempt to scrape off the goo/xtals they melt back to liquid instantly on contact.

I just re-read some posts and realise I might have missed something. After freeze precipitation, it seems I should still do air evaporation? I previous thought it was either/or, but it seems I need to do both?

Jagube wrote:
Are you sure those crystals are DMT indeed?

The container certainly smells like DMT. What else could it be? Is it possible that something other than DMT was extracted and forms goo/xtals?

Jagube wrote:
I've had naphtha pulls from A. floribunda and P. aquatica melt during evaporation.
For the future, a defat of the acidic brew might help. Another solution (if it's DMT indeed) would be to use limonene as the NPS and backsalt it. Then re-base, pull with IPA or acetone and evaporate that.

This is my first extraction, and such did a straight A/B extraction, I didn't really want to over complicate it, but maybe on my next attempt (I still have about 200g of floribunda phylodes left) I'll read up on defatting.