We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Any tricks to optimize pulling??? Options

zatoichi
#1 Posted : 11/23/2019 9:38:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

My least favorite part of the process is pulling. Between the distortion looking through curved part of mason jar, the thin layer of naphtha, trying to get large eyedropper tip barely in, but in enough it does not suck air, pulling base into the eyedropper and it is stuck to it, so any further attempts are contaminated.

Just did a pull and picked up base (lower dark solution) and had quarter size black spot in tray to freeze. Then eye dropper had it sticking to it.

I poured off the naphtha into a graduated cylinder, and black stayed in dish. Think I probably wasted a bunch of dmt wiping the black crap out and washing.

I am using quart mason jars. Should I pull and make sure it is pure, and give up when I pick up anything else. Then use turkey baster to pick up rest of naphtha, with base, and shoot into graduated cylinder, then let settle and suck of top layer?

Is it OK to have black in the dish with naphtha and DMT, and just do re-extraction before using?

Should I suck off the top with baster, and am not careful, getting both layers and shoot into graduated cylinder, let settle and siphon from there.

I am just looking for some experienced advice on how to pull with as little problems as possible.

Was also wondering if ehrlenmeyer flask would be good to pour off.

Also do you use organic respirator when pulling? I do in garage, and hold breath near it, and take breaths about 10 feet away. When it goes well takes less than a minute.

TIA

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Eaglepath
#2 Posted : 11/23/2019 9:42:57 AM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

Quote:
Should I suck off the top with baster, and am not careful, getting both layers and shoot into graduated cylinder, let settle and siphon from there.

Yes!

And its not illegal to leave a little bit of naphta.. Dont need to be cheapPleased
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 11/24/2019 10:21:38 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
Also do you use organic respirator when pulling? I do in garage, and hold breath near it, and take breaths about 10 feet away. When it goes well takes less than a minute.
I'd say that's overkill. It's refined naphtha you're using, not benzene! That said, better off safe than sorry, I suppose.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 11/25/2019 2:15:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have grown to really love the smell of Naphtha. Especially sweet when I'm pouring it off ice cold and the smell is a mixture of solvent and magic.

I've found erlenmeyer flask a useful tool for doing the pulls, because the solvent ends up in a narrower part of the flask than the mother liquor. Easier to pull than out of a mason jar imho. There will always be a small amount you can't get. Just leave it, you're doing another pull anyways.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

zatoichi
#5 Posted : 11/25/2019 7:28:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the replies. I noticed when I contaminated a tray with the black solution and poured it off into another tray, the naphtha flowed easily while the black stuff did not. Will get an ehrlenmeyer to experiment with.

zatoichi
#6 Posted : 11/25/2019 10:36:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

My favorite smell is the tray after all the solvent has evaporated. Amazing so little can smell so much. I have not yet re-extracted yet. What I have collected is all yellow. Life sucks so bad, still do not think I am ready to breakthrough.

Wolfnippletip
#7 Posted : 11/25/2019 2:42:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Using an extraction vessel which narrows at the top helps. I use a Voss Water Bottle. Not optimum like a proper flask but they are readily available and the seal in the cap is resistant to both Lye and Naphtha. The large size of the cap helps in getting an even seal as well. In the pic you can't see it but the glass neck narrows under the cap.

Also I use a lavage syringe to draw up the charged naphtha or limo, making sure to rinse with water between uses to avoid degradation of the plunger seal. Again, not optimum like a pipette but they work way better than a turkey baster or eye dropper and are cheap and easily available.

Wolfnippletip attached the following image(s):
vossbottle.png (109kb) downloaded 52 time(s).
lavagesyringes.jpg (20kb) downloaded 52 time(s).
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

zatoichi
#8 Posted : 12/6/2019 10:46:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

From experimenting, shooting it into a 250ml mason jar with large glass eyedropper, the base (dark bottom stuff in jar) sticks to the bottom of jar, and easily pour it of into glass tray. Then wipe the black stuff from bottom of jar with paper towel. Wish I knew that ahead of time. Trying to decide if I should wash all the extract with naphtha to get rid of base contamination and keep yellow/full spectrum, or do re-extraction for pure DMT.