We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT, the future, and me Options

Barnacle
#1 Posted : 12/6/2019 8:10:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings Nexians,

DMT is something I've been interested in for many years. Unfortunately, it just never seemed to be available. Most people didn't even know what it was, and whenever I asked around for a sample I came up blank.

About two months ago I realized it was unlikely to fall into my lap, and decided to try the home extraction I vaguely remembered hearing about. When I started googling around, I was pleasantly surpised to find abundant high quality information to assist the intrepid kitchen chemist, and a few weeks later I took my first steps in hyperspace. DMT Nexus is largely to thank for this (also a special shoutout to GordoTek!).

DMT is remarkable in that, due to its short duration of activity (when inhaled), it can be integrated into daily life far more easily than other psychedelics. Personally I see it as a progenitor to future substances and/or other neurological interventions that will allow finer control in our exploration of the domains of mind outside of standard consciousness. Unless there is civilizational collapse, I believe that the coming decades' neuroscience will provide us with greatly increased power to control our mental states (for any Philip K Dick fans, think the Penfield Mood Organ in Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?).

Hopefully this progress will bring with it an acceptance and integration of psychedelic states into the Western cultural mainstream. Indeed we are already seeing the relaxation of restrictions on psychedelic research. From what I've seen of the high quality discussions on the Nexus, it seems like an excellent place to keep abreast of and discuss the latest developments.

In the meantime, I've developed a strong interest in perfecting my DMT extraction and administration techniques (and possibly exploring other entheogens). I majored in chemistry as an undergraduate, and though my current gig is mostly unrelated (still in the sciences), I've really enjoyed getting into the chemistry of extraction as a hobby. DMT Nexus has been very useful here-- there's a lot of chemistry expertise floating around this place, and I look forward to making my own contributions where possible!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

SynKyd
#2 Posted : 12/24/2019 3:57:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Barnacle wrote:
Greetings Nexians,

DMT is something I've been interested in for many years. Unfortunately, it just never seemed to be available. Most people didn't even know what it was, and whenever I asked around for a sample I came up blank.

About two months ago I realized it was unlikely to fall into my lap, and decided to try the home extraction I vaguely remembered hearing about. When I started googling around, I was pleasantly surpised to find abundant high quality information to assist the intrepid kitchen chemist, and a few weeks later I took my first steps in hyperspace. DMT Nexus is largely to thank for this (also a special shoutout to GordoTek!).

DMT is remarkable in that, due to its short duration of activity (when inhaled), it can be integrated into daily life far more easily than other psychedelics. Personally I see it as a progenitor to future substances and/or other neurological interventions that will allow finer control in our exploration of the domains of mind outside of standard consciousness. Unless there is civilizational collapse, I believe that the coming decades' neuroscience will provide us with greatly increased power to control our mental states (for any Philip K Dick fans, think the Penfield Mood Organ in Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?).

Hopefully this progress will bring with it an acceptance and integration of psychedelic states into the Western cultural mainstream. Indeed we are already seeing the relaxation of restrictions on psychedelic research. From what I've seen of the high quality discussions on the Nexus, it seems like an excellent place to keep abreast of and discuss the latest developments.

In the meantime, I've developed a strong interest in perfecting my DMT extraction and administration techniques (and possibly exploring other entheogens). I majored in chemistry as an undergraduate, and though my current gig is mostly unrelated (still in the sciences), I've really enjoyed getting into the chemistry of extraction as a hobby. DMT Nexus has been very useful here-- there's a lot of chemistry expertise floating around this place, and I look forward to making my own contributions where possible!

Welcome to the nexus, be safe-

At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 2/14/2020 11:33:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

Have you attempted or plan to try some cactus mescaline extraction? I'd say that's a next good step after DMT (also harmalas is a good one if you haven't tried it yet).

Sounds good regarding your chemistry knowledge, it always come in handy here, feel free to post in any relevant threads. Check out the research subforum too if you havent yet.

Be well!

sbios
#4 Posted : 2/14/2020 3:40:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, indeed we are in a very poignant time entering into the Aquarius age shedding the old from the past. Perhaps to some degree the opium epidemic largely by governmental licensed pharmaceutical drugs exposes the cynicism and the need to allow for remedies that have been prohibited for years.