We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Any easy alternative to fumarate? Options

NotTwo
#1 Posted : 12/4/2019 10:04:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm a regular dmt vaper but have found recently that I get a bit of a sore throat and cough after. This applies to both e-cig and VaporGenie methods. I've decided therefore to go for plugging it for a while (rectal administration!).

I was going to follow one of the standard methods using acetone and fumaric acid to make dmt fumarate. Acetone I already have and the latter I've ordered online but as I live in a far away and backward country it's not going to arrive for two months and I'd really like to make something sooner!

Can anyone suggest an alternative? I'm not sure why any old water soluble salt of dmt wouldn't work but there must be some good reason fumarate is generally used.

Out of interest last year I did dissolve some dmt in white vinegar and evaporate off excess liquid to get what must of been dmt acetate. I dissolved it in water and tried plugging it. Even a dose equivalent to 60 mg of dmt only produced mild visuals - maybe equivalent to 12 mg vaped - so I'm guessing the dmt acetate route is not very effective.
In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 12/4/2019 11:09:11 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

You can go for citric acid, dissolve dmt in acetone, dissolve citric acid in acetone, drop stepwise the acetone into the citric acid till no more clouding appears.

The precipitates will be dmt citrate. Take the precipitates out dry them to some extent, dissolve in small amount of water and plug it.

DMT citrate will be very hygroscopic and will not dry to a powder. It' be a goo or a gum. Will be difficult to weight, but not impossible.

Good luck!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

NotTwo
#3 Posted : 12/5/2019 12:25:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Any idea why the fumarate salt is generally used?

Any idea why my dmt acetate seemed so weak when plugged?

Thanks!
In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 12/5/2019 12:29:40 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

DMT fumarate typically forms better crystals than other salt forms. Fumarate, as an anion is very well tolerated in the body.

Quote:
Any idea why my dmt acetate seemed so weak when plugged?
Possibly it was diluted with sodium or calcium acetate, or perhaps it was a biacetate, with only half the requisite amount of DMT - maybe both.
It could also be less well absorbed than other salts, or "the moon was in the wrong sign".

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli