We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Harmaline to THH contamination?? Options

Fractalus
#1 Posted : 12/3/2019 7:16:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hi nexians!
so follow by the vds protocol the following stuff happend in a dream:
about 7-8 g of rue extract has been disolved in vinegar, then 3.5 g of zink was added and the solution stirrered for about 10 hours.
after that the solution was filtered with 2.5 Micron vaccum coffee filter faw times, then the PH Meter just got F, so ammonia was poured in the stirring solution until no more visable color changing.
let it sit faw hours, then filter and dry, untill now the same dream as everyone, but the scale says 16 g of harmala mix WTF?? how come the harmalas double its weight?
after this the dreamer did 3 salting(manske) and 2 basing which make the harmalas really bright color but not really change the weight...

so the conclution is:
1. the solution filtered with 2.5M filter faw times, meaning no zink can pass throght it.
2. the PH meter got F so probebly the ph was bit high but still with no zink there theoretically
so what else can contaminate it?
3. even if zink contaminate the harmalas how come harmala(7-8 g) + zink(3.5g) equlle 16 g?
im a bit confused, anyway the dreaming of the harmalas is amazning for incence Smile
4. the zink bought from chemstore meaning its the best quality with no contamination

any idea for next step??
though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jagube
#2 Posted : 12/3/2019 10:16:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A mystery indeed.

What does F mean on the pH meter?

I don't know how fine my coffee filters are in microns, but to be sure all the zinc has been removed, after filtering I let the filtrate sit in the fridge for a few hours so the finer particulates can settle, then I decant the clear supernatant (again, through a coffee filter), pour the remaining liquid + sediment through the filter and stir the acidic filtrate for a couple more hours to dissolve any residual zinc that may have made it that far (zinc in an acetic acid solution should form dissociated zinc acetate, and it's this reaction that releases the H2, which in turn attaches to your harmaline, thus forming THH).

You have to add ammonia slowly, otherwise the zinc compounds may get trapped in the THH crystals as they form. But even if you didn't do that, that still doesn't explain why your product still weighs twice as much after the 3 manskes. Manske should have removed those undesired compounds.

Still, it sounds like something got trapped. It's not just the zinc that may get trapped, but zinc acetate, ammonium acetate and ammonium zincate. And perhaps even water... After manske cycles it could be salt contamination if you didn't do it right.

Or could it be that you made a weighing error at the beginning?

Fractalus
#3 Posted : 12/4/2019 4:32:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Jagube! thanks for the replay

f means fucked Smile
it just come shitty from ebay and it was the first time i turn it on...dont buy this 8$ ph meters...

im not a chemist so i have no idea how someone can dream stuff like this and what else can one do to fix it..

about the salt contamination i also didnt think cause in the dream i was using 10g of salt per 100ml for the final manske.

somthing dosnt make sense, let say i did a crapy filteration job(which i didnt, i filter it faw times with 2.5micron), from where another 4 grams of somthing pop in the harmalas?

it could of course be a scale error but because the ph god fucked i couldnt really know what goes wrong

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

blue.magic
#4 Posted : 12/10/2019 6:28:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Note that stirring the solution for so long might introduce non-negligible amount of oxygen into the solution, oxidizing your product.

This happened to me as I lost over half of THH and getting lots of reddish compounds (harmala red??).

Now I run the reduction with a magnetic stirrer and a bubbler, so the evolved hydrogen can escape but air can't get in.

What you can also do is to redissolve your crude THH in hot vinegar, filter it very well and re-precipitate with ammonia.

Always add dilute ammonia (10% or so), very slowly into a dilute solution of harmalas (5-10 g/L) and stir very well. Only that you get a fine precipitate free of trapped impurities.

Same applies to all base precipitations - I found this makes a difference between getting smooth tan alkaloid powder and dark crumbles.

Fractalus
#5 Posted : 12/12/2019 11:16:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the synt of harmaline to thh was guided by the GORDOTEK youtube video, which says to stirr at least 8 hours untill no more bubbles is forming, and take's around 10 hours for the reaction to complete.

about the purity i already disolve harmalas in vinegar, filter it with 2.5micron, salt it faw time(manske) and base it faw times as i said above and its really helps with the color, started from brown and become beatifull bright tan but the whight problem is still there..