We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
No luck with Yocan... trip reports and alternative administration recommendations? Options

Psychexplorer7260
#1 Posted : 11/9/2019 6:28:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone,

I have been attempting to breakthrough using a Yocan Evolve pen and have come up short after a number of attempts. As I am beginning to waste spice, I’m trying to settle on an alternative delivery method and I’m hoping this community can help me determine what my best route might be. First, a brief history of my recent experiences.

I began with small doses in the 10-15mg range to get a feel for the substance before diving in headfirst. My technique with the Yocan is as follows: I will weigh out my dosage and load it into the coil (I have experimented with both ceramic donut as well as the default dual quartz). I pulse the button quickly to melt the spice. I put the mouthpiece to my lips and slowly inhale while pulsing the button - I have tried a number of pulse rates but never settled on a rate that seemed to work better than any of the others.

I believe I got the most out of the lower dosages - a heavy/uncomfortable body load (something I eventually got used to and became more comfortable with over time). Mild CEVs. Some very mild “light tunnel” effect. Objects appeared crisper around the room (“HD vision”). Some buzzing in ears. Could notice a perspective change with eyes closed. Felt like I was sort of zooming in and out and like I had a field of vision even with eyes closed. Like I could sense depth even though I couldn’t really see any defined 3D space. Hard to explain but it definitely felt like even with my eyes closed I could sense a 3-dimensional space around me.

After a couple separate sessions at these low dosages I decided to go for a complete breakthrough. I had read enough people talk about the waiting room often being an uncomfortable experience while you still have one foot in the DMT world and another out. I tried 40mg first.

I experienced some very mild body dissociation. Very strong CEVs. Visuals weren’t clear but very active/colorful. They were a bit “dim,” not very bright, but strongest CEVs I’ve probably ever experienced with any psychedelic (have experience with LSD, mushrooms, and MDMA). Experienced a feeling of calmness and surrender. Some mild discomfort being in that state for long time (continued hitting pen throughout the session trying to get deeper). OEVs were standard - like any psychedelic trip, sharp/defined edges (“HD Vision”) and flowing patterns.

A bit disappointed I waited another 24 hours and attempted to blast off again. But this time I upped the dose to 60mg, thinking it would ensure a successful breakthrough. I did everything the same and only experienced slightly more intense effects compared to the 40mg attempt. The visuals were much more vivid this time. At one point I experienced a very slight sensation of falling backwards into something with eyes closed. I also remember feeling like I could see some entities cheering me on to take another toke. Sort of beckoning me to take one more step towards a breakthrough. I did not really have any auditory hallucinations, however. No buzzing or anything. I continued to rip the pen and I would refuel the CEVs but I could never even reach the waiting room.

I’m fairly convinced at this point that I’m just not hitting the Yocan properly. I have experimented fairly extensively with pulsing the button at different rates of speed, as well as my inhalation technique. I suspect my primary issue is that I’m not inhaling enough vapor quick enough. So I’m either not inhaling hard/fast enough or I’m not vaporizing the product fast enough. I typically haven’t experienced too much harshness during inhalation, so I don’t think burning is the issue. If anything, I may not be holding the button long enough out of fear of burning it.

Based on extensive research, I’ve decided dabbing it might be my best bet moving forward. Ideally, this would ensure that I’m taking in enough vapor, as I should clear the pipe in 1-2 big hits.

Ultimately, I’m curious to hear from others who were unsuccessful with the Yocan Evolve but found success using another device. I have looked into the GVG and nectar collectors as well but don’t want to waste anymore spice trying to learn a new administration technique. The dab rig seems to be the most fool-proof method out there. I’ve already checked out some of the guides here on the Nexus for dabbing and it seems pretty straight forward. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Exitwound
#2 Posted : 11/9/2019 3:48:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had problem with included coil, however alternative ceramic coil attachment with slightly different configuration/form of ceramic donut inside worked well enough.

As of alternative method, I prefer and recommend the machine as vapourizing method.
Easy to make, takes a bit of time to master, but you get good results with it later.

Tony6Strings
#3 Posted : 11/9/2019 5:54:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

+1 on the machine. My first year of spice I used a glass pot pipe with a wad of copper scrubbie for filter. Bic type lighter. There's a slight learning curve but once you get it down you will be cruising hyperspace in no time. I had three Yocans: Evolve (silver), Evolve Plus (rainbow) and Evolve Plus XL. I loved them for hash oil and was going to try vaping dmt with the Plus. Lost them all on my sideways run. Things come and go, still have my life is what's important. Love.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Jega
#4 Posted : 11/9/2019 9:04:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Saionara Top Airflow with Titanium or quartz bucket coil is the bomb.

https://www.reddit.com/r...even_better_top_airflow/

null24
#5 Posted : 11/10/2019 7:46:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Tony6Strings wrote:
+1 on the machine. My first year of spice I used a glass pot pipe with a wad of copper scrubbie for filter. Bic type lighter. There's a slight learning curve but once you get it down you will be cruising hyperspace in no time. I had three Yocans: Evolve (silver), Evolve Plus (rainbow) and Evolve Plus XL. I loved them for hash oil and was going to try vaping dmt with the Plus. Lost them all on my sideways run. Things come and go, still have my life is what's important. Love.

I'm with ya. I have a quad coil yocan, which I did for the occasional wax hit, but can't see it working for anything but a threshold level spice trip. I've never bothered with it though, it's just hit or miss with wax, so...

After trying many other methods including the much-lauded GVG, my go to is a glass stem with two little wads off chore-boy sandwiching the spice *the MCP: Modified Crack Pipe*; one on the intake side of the pipe and one on the other between spice and lighter. Even works well with a regular old Bic, I can pre-load several, easily concealable and portable and I can avoid an ego-driven struggle with materialism if I break it or lose it because it's like $4.😉

I even like to use the pipettes from eye dropper bottles, load them and then replace them into the cap and screw back into a (dry) jar for transport. Adds another questionable layer of break protection and concealability is my thinking.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

some one
#6 Posted : 11/11/2019 1:32:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What I learned about the Yocan: don't trust em reddit kiddies Smile
some = one | here = some | there = one

Tony6Strings
#7 Posted : 11/11/2019 5:22:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hell yeah Null, Amor Fati posted a pic of such a dropper pipe as you've described on the Spice Pipe thread, I always thought it was badass. I love my GVG but it's a house pipe, very breakable and bulky setup. I LOVE my Health stone spoon, all in all I think it is my favorite, even more than the gvg. Love them both but the Health stone is my piece.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

TalkingGarden
#8 Posted : 11/11/2019 5:40:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Dab rig is fool proof like you said especially if you have a electronic heater. only tried the homemade machine a couple times ended up burning it. Other than that I stick to the dab rig used both titanium nail and quartz bucket. They both work great its one of those things you really cant screw up especially when you get the right temp.....I set the temp so when I pour it in it starts to go up but once I put the cap on POOF all goes up quick but you could set it a lil higher and forget the carb cap.

Psychexplorer7260
#9 Posted : 12/3/2019 8:45:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks everyone for the replies! I still have some reservations about the GVG and the machine due to what I presume will be a fairly steep learning curve with both. I’ve wasted a bit more spice than I would have liked trying to make the Yocan work. I’m thinking the Health Stone or a dab rig will be the easiest for me to get the hang of quickly. I know any method will require some learning curve but these seem like the easiest to figure out maybe. Would love some additional opinions about these two methods specifically if anyone has experience!

Thanks again so much! These forums have been an invaluable resource to me for a long time.

sbios
#10 Posted : 12/3/2019 9:26:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I also suggest getting a dab rig with TC using mesh/bucket and your learning curve is most likely getting the right setup that works for you. The rest will be simply push a button and blast off without trying to perfect a technique while come up.

It also seems to me you tried to blast off several times within a short time frame, like within a day. Unfortunately it seems most of us have this barrier that if try to go off multiple times within hours or days and you will likely be shut off from hyperspace. So my suggestion is prepare your setup and set the date for your journey. You'd done some preparations before the journey, and preferably even days before if breakthrough is what you aim for.